The Corona -- Goodbye, So Long, Sayanora, Adios, and FU very much

AURex

This is NOT political, This is medical/science/statistics.

I do not care what their excuse is. If they think they are invincible, immortal, made of stone, whatever, and age is irrelevant! If they don't get vaccinated immediately, FU goodbye and explain it at the  Pearly Gates, because ...............................

Already had Covid?  Mother Nature vaccinated you.

There are also people with autoimmune disorders (not a large percentage, admittedly) who have a genuine concern about how their body will handle the vaccine...Guillain-Barre, for instance.  

When has natural immunity ever been discounted/minimized to the degree that it has with this one? It'$ a head$cratcher, for $ure. All we hear about are vaccination percentages when referencing herd immunity...it's like the people who have already had it don't count.  

If I'd already had Covid, there's no way I'd get vaccinated at this point.  Besides, I think one of those alphabet agencies recommended letting the rest of the world catch up by not having us (the U.S.) take boosters, so one could argue that people who'd had Covid already would be being selfish pricks by taking a shot that someone else could use.

If you're any of the following: old (AARP aged), clinically obese, diabetic, hypertensive, immunocompromised...you're pretty dumb if you don't get vaccinated.  That would mean the 23-year-old diabetic, the 74-year-old, the 34-year-old who has had cancer, the 19-year-old who is obese (speaking of pandemics...but I digress).  Lots of places for lots of folks to fall on that spectrum.

While not as openly hostile or angry about it as you are, I'm for people making their choice and living (or not) with it...it gets s*** on as "muh freedom", but I'll err on the side of choice.  Sounds like you don't like that idea, though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Already had Covid?  Mother Nature vaccinated you.

There are also people with autoimmune disorders (not a large percentage, admittedly) who have a genuine concern about how their body will handle the vaccine...Guillain-Barre, for instance.  

When has natural immunity ever been discounted/minimized to the degree that it has with this one? It'$ a head$cratcher, for $ure. All we hear about are vaccination percentages when referencing herd immunity...it's like the people who have already had it don't count.  

If I'd already had Covid, there's no way I'd get vaccinated at this point.  Besides, I think one of those alphabet agencies recommended letting the rest of the world catch up by not having us (the U.S.) take boosters, so one could argue that people who'd had Covid already would be being selfish pricks by taking a shot that someone else could use.

If you're any of the following: old (AARP aged), clinically obese, diabetic, hypertensive, immunocompromised...you're pretty dumb if you don't get vaccinated.  That would mean the 23-year-old diabetic, the 74-year-old, the 34-year-old who has had cancer, the 19-year-old who is obese (speaking of pandemics...but I digress).  Lots of places for lots of folks to fall on that spectrum.

While not as openly hostile or angry about it as you are, I'm for people making their choice and living (or not) with it...it gets s*** on as "muh freedom", but I'll err on the side of choice.  Sounds like you don't like that idea, though.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

"The study of hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021 found that those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated.  The findings suggest that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection.

Additionally, a second publication from MMWR shows vaccines prevented COVID-19 related hospitalizations among the highest risk age groups. As cases, hospitalizations, and deaths rise, the data in today’s MMWR reinforce that COVID-19 vaccines are the best way to prevent COVID-19."

• Thanks 1