2021 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

43 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just here to gloat about all the great reports about my man JJ Pegues last night. Y'all just wait. My guy is going to be an impact player on this line. 

Inconceivable…

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means 

I always just say : “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”. Just hoping our OL doesn’t face any Sicilian DL

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I always just say : “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”. Just hoping our OL doesn’t face any Sicilian DL

Just need sprinkle some iocane powder on their toes, that's all. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Just here to gloat about all the great reports about my man JJ Pegues last night. Y'all just wait. My guy is going to be an impact player on this line. 

Good choice!! I think he's going to have a big year. The news of him making plays is pretty exciting this early. 

I'm excited about the news of my man D-R0B. I wanted Owen Pappoe but got the other #0. I believe he will turn into our #1. 

10531504.jpg?fit=crop&crop=360:178,offse

AUBURN, Alabama–In a scrimmage in which the defense held the upper hand one of the bright spots on Saturday night was the play of the newest member of the Auburn football team, wide receiver Demetris Robertson.

Making one of the big plays of Auburn’s initial preseason scrimmage, the 6-0, 185 transfer from the University of Georgia was on the receiving end of a 41-yard pass play and caught a pass for another 20-yard plus gainer. He also won some praise from Auburn’s new head coach, Bryan Harsin.

“He was good tonight,” Harsin said. “I think he had several catches in there. There was one in the middle. He can roll and he had one he had a chance to catch and run with.

“He has picked things up well offensively,” the coach pointed out. “He has been studying. He spent time each evening going back over his notes and preparing himself.

“I thought it might have taken him a little more time to pick things up, but he has excelled in the last few days especially,” the coach said. “He has shown up on a few of our practice tapes and has pulled some things out. On some highlights from practice he has been on there a couple of times. He did some good things tonight as well.

Originally a five-star recruit out of Savannah, Ga., who earned Freshman All-American honors for the Cal Bears, Robertson transferred back closer to home to the University of Georgia after spending two seasons in the Pac-12. He just joined the Auburn team after finishing up his academic work enabling to transfer to AU.

While playing for the Bulldogs he caught 42 passes for 443 yards and three touchdowns. He ran the ball 10 times for 161 yards and one score for UGA.

“We have to keep working him in,” Harsin pointed out. “He is probably not as multiple as he can be right now as he is progressing. Now that we have got a chance to watch him scrimmaging and doing some live work we can use him obviously at other positions because he seems to pick things up pretty well.”

As a group, Harsin said he believes the “wide receivers made a lot of progress” during preseason camp. “It showed up in the scrimmage,” he said. “They caught the ball well. They were able to catch and get some yards after catch. I thought they had some good plays in critical moments on third down—they went up and got it. They have been doing that in practice.”

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Newcomer-shines-in-Auburns-first-preseason-football-scrimmage-169155914/

The Tigers will wrap up their preseason camp on Sunday and will have Monday off for the first day of fall classes before returning to practice on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I haven't done this before, and I don't know if he's still available, but I think Marquis Burks is a name we will hear a lot this year.

• Like 3

I have Deal. I was hoping to see his name in the scrimmage reports but as a blocking TE he does the dirty work but doesn't get the fame. If our RB's have great games this year I guarantee you that Deal will be involved either setting the edge or a downfield block to free an RB for a long run. Watch goal line situations he will be AUsome. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

WR coach - Cornelius Williams 

I think he will have our WRs ready and seems like he is already doing work at the recruiting level.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, DAG said:

WR coach - Cornelius Williams 

I think he will have our WRs ready and seems like he is already doing work at the recruiting level.

This guy!!! HELL YEAH

exclusive-photo-gallery-auburn-fall-camp

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@Tigerpro2a

Welcome to Mr. Roger's NAYBRRRHOOD!!

EjMT6xFWkAED3wf.jpg

Roger says,”Come on, won’t you be my neighbor “, in my best Eddie Murphy voice.

7 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

My guy is shooting them straight. 

That's my coach right there.  Dang that's good to hear. 

• Like 1

I'm rocking with Dematrius Davis. Hopefully all goes well and my guy will be manning the clipboard and getting some good mop up work. If not, I know he's going to be ready to rock whenever called upon!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't honestly know exactly what this means but let's get it Z

There’s bricks kinda like the Hollywood stars that celebrities get. Team captains get to have their name on a brick along with every other one in history..pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

6 days and I am getting excited I hope this is a special year. My son bought me two tickets to the Iron Bowl for my birthday. Living in Texas I don't back to Auburn very often so I am hoping this is one of those special Auburn years where we are not ranked high bur surprise everybody including myself as I am a 7-5 or 8-4 type guy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1