2021 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

9 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

🤩 😍

*NSFW - language 

You already know I love this choice. Sneaky "hardcore au fans already knew but yo look at my dude in the top two rounds" potential. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Give me the man, the myth, the legend.....Roger McCreary....I first said Derick Hall because I didn't realize Rog was available. How did this kid go unpicked through 10?

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2

Got dang it I thought people were posting in the old one again until I saw 2021..well I'll take my man Javarrius Johnson. Been held back by injuries for his first few seasons and now he will show what he's about. Might just have the best season of all wrs 😉. Our very own Slim Reaper

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886nlox37tgjjgjkgndlu

• Like 4

• Like 2
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Got dang it I thought people were posting in the old one again until I saw 2021..well I'll take my man Javarrius Johnson. Been held back by injuries for his first few seasons and now he will show what he's about. Might just have the best season of all wrs 😉. Our very own Slim Reaper

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886nlox37tgjjgjkgndlu

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

I gotta have the 3rd Steiner Brother, Wesley! 

C5C040B1-1A66-4D7A-BEE9-F0CCC19F436A.gif

Both of these dudes were on my short list, but I usually go with an upperclassman. 

I should probably add a gif now.

undertaker GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Darn you.  Didn't know she was an option. That's my girl! Well played sir. 

8292015071462.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My man, Taaaaaaank Biiiigsbeeeeeee!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

image.png

My second choice. Approaching co-man crush status.

Hey, they're teamed in the secondary, they could be teamed as man crushes, right?

• Love 1

So, fall practices have started, and I've heard the good word that the offseason work has allowed my Man Crush to reveal that's he's really Superman.9b86f0fb-310c-447c-a666-775bc6f268ff_299

• Love 2

Just a reminder about the future Thorpe winner.  

Here is where Miller finished among qualified FBS cornerbacks last season in several advanced statistics:

• 14th in yards allowed per snap (0.69)

• 21st in snaps in coverage per reception allowed (16.1)

• 26th in completion percentage when targeted (47.4%)

• 28th in PFF’s coverage grade (77.6)

• 33rd in snaps in coverage per target (7.6)

• 39th in yards allowed per reception (11.1)

Take out the cornerbacks who have moved on to the NFL and those playing in weaker Group of Five competition, and there’s a legitimate argument to be made that Miller gives Auburn three of the top 20 returning corners in college football from a statistical standpoint.

One of the reasons West Virginia allowed so few passing yards last season was its secondary’s ability to tackle quickly after the catch. Miller only allowed 4.33 YAC per reception last season, and his yards per reception mark of 11.1 would have ranked first among all Auburn cornerbacks a season ago.

Miller is a physical cornerback who isn’t afraid to play through his man to get to the ball. Sometimes, that can lead to penalties — and he had a few games at West Virginia where he was flagged multiple times. But the Mountaineers could live with that, considering how disruptive he was through the air.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

The addition of Miller will give Auburn another tough coverage option in the secondary, and one who showed strength in both man and zone coverage at West Virginia a season ago.

This should be a major weapon on third downs, an area in which the Tigers struggled in a season ago. Auburn had the seventh-worst third-down defensive percentage in the FBS last year, ranking 94th in opponent third-down completion percentage and 101st in opponent third-down pass efficiency.

Harsin specifically mentioned instincts in his statement about signing Miller, and that aspect of his game shines through on film. Just watch how he perfectly reads a play and reacts for an interception against Baylor last season:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

My second choice. Approaching co-man crush status.

Hey, they're teamed in the secondary, they could be teamed as man crushes, right?

Definitely gonna be cheering for my three-year crush.