2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard Signs With Auburn

Paladin

Bama commit but he visited during Bog Cat Weekend and asked that reporters not reveal his visit.

Would be a major flip but supposedly he's Lee Hunter's cousin, goes to Derrick Brown's old school, and his position coach is a former Auburn player. So there's a lot of connections that can't be ignored.

Again, likely a long shot but the momentum here is interesting. Some smoke slowly billowing.

• Like 4

• Paladin changed the title to 2033 4* LB Robert Woodyard (Bama Commit)

I think the year is wrong on your op @Paladin

• Like 1

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard (Bama Commit)
11 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think the year is wrong on your op @Paladin

@toddc

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Fat finger and a smart phone don't always go together.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bama commit but he visited during Bog Cat Weekend and asked that reporters not reveal his visit.

Would be a major flip but supposedly he's Lee Hunter's cousin, goes to Derrick Brown's old school, and his position coach is a former Auburn player. So there's a lot of connections that can't be ignored.

Again, likely a long shot but the momentum here is interesting. Some smoke slowly billowing.

If he asked reporters to not reveal his visit, why are we reporting it here??  Wont this thread just increase the probability that he will not flip?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

goes to Derrick Brown's old school,

Didn't Derrick Brown go to school at Sugar Hill, Georgia? Or do I have my players mixed up?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aublaise said:

If he asked reporters to not reveal his visit, why are we reporting it here??  Wont this thread just increase the probability that he will not flip?

If it's being talked about here, then it has already been talked about in other public spaces. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, aublaise said:

He didn't want it revealed at the time he was visiting.
Now that time has passed he's not concerned.

It's likely he didn't want there to be drama about his visit among the Gumps. Now he can openly talk about it in the past tense and there's not as much drama. High school kids will keep you on your toes man lol.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Derrick went to Lanier in Buford, GA. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

He didn't want it revealed at the time he was visiting.
Now that time has passed he's not concerned.

It's likely he didn't want there to be drama about his visit among the Gumps. Now he can openly talk about it in the past tense and there's not as much drama. High school kids will keep you on your toes man lol.

Got it, thanks

On 8/7/2021 at 8:39 AM, aublaise said:

A highly popular AU recruiting reporter stated last week that Woodyard's camp said it was now 50/50 Bama - AU. Damn good chance if you ask me. 

48 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

A highly popular AU recruiting reporter stated last week that Woodyard's camp said it was now 50/50 Bama - AU. Damn good chance if you ask me. 

That would be a great upset, if we could get a top level LB away from you know who. :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Anyone know which Auburn recruiter handles South Alabama?

Steele worked that area for the previous staff. If the new area assignments have been reported I missed it.

I think the odds are small that we could get a bama committed 5* LB from this part of Alabama away from bama but it is encouraging that this staff is trying and even seem to have made this young man think about us. If we pull it off some how this would be a real coup and my fairly high opinion of this staff would go up a notch or two. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think the odds are small that we could get a bama committed 5* LB from this part of Alabama away from bama but it is encouraging that this staff is trying and even seem to have made this young man think about us. If we pull it off some how this would be a real coup and my fairly high opinion of this staff would go up a notch or two. 

Luckily he's just a 4*

• Haha 1

Part of me feels like the same ole song and dance we have gone through at the beginning of the previous 2 coaches terms where there is this one big recruit that strings it along till signing day and then signs with uat. 

• 5 weeks later...

This is going to be one tough pull. In general, Mobile is a nest of cringin' turd supporters. It's never easy to get a player that UAT wants out of there. It happens on rare occasion, but it's never easy. Our luck in that area of the state hasn't been great since Joe Whitt Sr. was working the area for us.

• Like 1

Playing time early might be our best sell!

• Like 1