2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard Signs With Auburn

Paladin

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is going to be one tough pull. In general, Mobile is a nest of cringin' turd supporters. It's never easy to get a player that UAT wants out of there. It happens on rare occasion, but it's never easy. Our luck in that area of the state hasn't been great since Joe Whitt Sr. was working the area for us.

Mccreary

8 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Mccreary

Low end 3* prospect who was a last minute pickup. He had no interest from UAT. NC State was his only other P5 offer. Auburn signed him when they had missed on some others.

Getting such a prospect out of there is relatively easy. Pulling a player like Woodyard, a 4* prospect who has an offer from UAT will be difficult if not impossible.

We did get Hunter out of there last year, but I'm not sure just how hard the Turds pushed for him.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Low end 3* prospect who was a last minute pickup. He had no interest from UAT. NC State was his only other P5 offer. Auburn signed him when they had missed on some others.

Getting such a prospect out of there is relatively easy. Pulling a player like Woodyard, a 4* prospect who has an offer from UAT will be difficult if not impossible.

We did get Hunter out of there last year, but I'm not sure just how hard the Turds pushed for him.

Tre Williams and Deshaun Davis were great gets from Mobile. I do wish we could expand our footprint in Mobile. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Tre Williams and Deshaun Davis were great gets from Mobile. I do wish we could expand our footprint in Mobile. 

There are a number of great players in the Mobile area. It simply seems that, with few exceptions, what we get are those UAT isn't interested in. LSU and FSU have pulled some from there too. I think that's the "anywhere but Auburn" mentality from the area bammers.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 12:40 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Deshaun Davis is from Prattville, I think. Or one of those central AL river region towns. 

We get the odd Mobile stud but Mikey's right, it's the exception to the rule when it happens. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Deshaun Davis is from Prattville, I think. Or one of those central AL river region towns. 

We get the odd Mobile stud but Mikey's right, it's the exception to the rule when it happens. 

DD played at Vigor High School which I think is part of the Mobile area. But I do wish we could get more kids from that area like Joe Whitt used to get when it was his recruiting area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

DD played at Vigor High School which I think is part of the Mobile area. But I do wish we could get more kids from that area like Joe Whitt used to get when it was his recruiting area. 

Man. I have been so sure all this time that he was from closer to Auburn. I didn't even look it up before contradicting you. Thanks for the gentle correction!

• Like 1

I mean, the reality is Mobile is closer (by car) to Baton Rouge than it is to Auburn. That's never stopped Bama (also farther from Mobile than BR is), but it certainly makes sense why it's not just Bama we have to fight off. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

He got an AU tat yet  LOL

Geez that whole deal made me borderline hate recruiting. What a mess .

thanks for bringing it up 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:42 AM, mcgufcm said:

I mean, the reality is Mobile is closer (by car) to Baton Rouge than it is to Auburn. That's never stopped Bama (also farther from Mobile than BR is), but it certainly makes sense why it's not just Bama we have to fight off. 

Just to add, more people have familiarity with the state of Lousiana here than they do something like West Alabama, Lee County area, Huntsville 

hell most people here won't go to a Birmingham unless they have some occasion. Just not really anything that draws us up there like New Orleans and the temporal proximity certainly helps.

• Like 1

It appears that UAT being interested in Shemar James from Faith and his dropping UF may be related to their concern about where they stand with Woodyard.

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is there anywhere in the state of AL that could be considered an AU stronghold?

With the ones that go to the University of Auburn

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 11:15 PM, Mikey said:

TRE Williams was out of Mobile, right? 

LB is my biggest concern on defense next year. We're losing McClain and Wooten for sure then possibly Pappoe. The drop off from those 3 to the next guys is worrisome. I like Steiner and think once it clicks, he'll be a good player. Not sure on the others unfortunately. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

LB is my biggest concern on defense next year. We're losing McClain and Wooten for sure then possibly Pappoe. The drop off from those 3 to the next guys is worrisome. I like Steiner and think once it clicks, he'll be a good player. Not sure on the others unfortunately. 

Me too

• Like 1