Does anybody know about the change in recruiting regions yet

cole256

My interest is have we started recruiting northwest Alabama yet? 

I just saw a post from Florence high school that had 2 uab starters(1 getting looks from NFL) duke starter( double major NFL radar) an Alabama player and one guy  playing in his first year in the NFL........one guy his second year and he started 7 games and he plays o tackle btw......and that's just Florence I know one of bamners best o linemen was from Decatur......I know this staff is going to stop just letting talent slip through their backyard right

20 hours ago, cole256 said:

My interest is have we started recruiting northwest Alabama yet? 

I just saw a post from Florence high school that had 2 uab starters(1 getting looks from NFL) duke starter( double major NFL radar) an Alabama player and one guy  playing in his first year in the NFL........one guy his second year and he started 7 games and he plays o tackle btw......and that's just Florence I know one of bamners best o linemen was from Decatur......I know this staff is going to stop just letting talent slip through their backyard right

While I get where you're going and agree with the overall point, I do think it's fair to point out that NW Alabama is more in UAT's back yard than it is in Auburn's. 

I don't think that means anything. Bammer and Clemson owns us in the Montgomery, mobile, Opelika and Phoenix city

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

While I get where you're going and agree with the overall point, I do think it's fair to point out that NW Alabama is more in UAT's back yard than it is in Auburn's. 

If we avoid places where bama is strong recruiting we would have to give up a lot more than North West Alabama. The new staff has expanded to Texas, Oregon, Indiana, etc. Cole gave examples of players that NFL has interest in who didn't go to bama.

Also if you don't recruit an area you don't find the diamond in the rough type that bama doesn't need to look for. It has been mentioned many times on this site that teams that consistently sign highly rated players do well but when you are talking about an individual player it is an inexact science.  We should increase our presence in North Alabama.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we avoid places where bama is strong recruiting we would have to give up a lot more than North West Alabama. The new staff has expanded to Texas, Oregon, Indiana, etc. Cole gave examples of players that NFL has interest in who didn't go to bama.

Also if you don't recruit an area you don't find the diamond in the rough type that bama doesn't need to look for. It has been mentioned many times on this site that teams that consistently sign highly rated players do well but when you are talking about an individual player it is an inexact science.  We should increase our presence in North Alabama.

I don't disagree with any of that at all. I was merely making the point that Tuscaloosa is actually in the NW quadrant of the state, while Auburn is in the SE quadrant. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be scouring the area for recruits that fall through the cracks, or giving up on the blue chips just because UAT is closer to where they're from.

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't disagree with any of that at all. I was merely making the point that Tuscaloosa is actually in the NW quadrant of the state, while Auburn is in the SE quadrant. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be scouring the area for recruits that fall through the cracks, or giving up on the blue chips just because UAT is closer to where they're from.

I apologize I misunderstood you.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't think that means anything. Bammer and Clemson owns us in the Montgomery, mobile, Opelika and Phoenix city

But most of that comes from their success recently. I'd be willing to bet that if Harsin wins a couple of national championships in the next 5 years, we're going to stop getting owned in those areas.

However, your point just underscores what I was getting at: if we're going to keep prospects who are in our back yard, we need to be pulling recruits from Montgomery, Opelika, Phoenix City/Columbus, West Point, Lagrange, etc. I don't consider the NW corner of Alabama to be our back yard in recruiting unless you're talking about on a scale of the whole of the country, because there are four SEC schools that are closer geographically to that area than Auburn is.

We’ve recruited in Huntsville, Decatur etc which is only an hour or less from Florence area so I’m sure we look for recruits there too.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

We’ve recruited in Huntsville, Decatur etc which is only an hour or less from Florence area so I’m sure we look for recruits there too.

No we don't have a good relationship with Florence at all. Yes we're after the 5 star this year and the 5 star the year before last but there has been many many sec players that we just let walk. Ole miss recruits Florence better than Auburn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

But most of that comes from their success recently. I'd be willing to bet that if Harsin wins a couple of national championships in the next 5 years, we're going to stop getting owned in those areas.

However, your point just underscores what I was getting at: if we're going to keep prospects who are in our back yard, we need to be pulling recruits from Montgomery, Opelika, Phoenix City/Columbus, West Point, Lagrange, etc. I don't consider the NW corner of Alabama to be our back yard in recruiting unless you're talking about on a scale of the whole of the country, because there are four SEC schools that are closer geographically to that area than Auburn is.

No if you want to be good you need to go after any talent in your state period. It's not recruit here or recruit there. And the guys I mentioned didn't even go to bammer. 

I know if you're successful you get recruits, my point is you have to be smart because while they are getting national recruits there are going to be really really good recruits that get passed up. You can't just let talent get away and you don't even try. That's ridiculous to even think we're not going to recruit an entire region because it's bammer back yard, (which it's not their backyard at all btw)

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

No if you want to be good you need to go after any talent in your state period. It's not recruit here or recruit there. And the guys I mentioned didn't even go to bammer. 

I know if you're successful you get recruits, my point is you have to be smart because while they are getting national recruits there are going to be really really good recruits that get passed up. You can't just let talent get away and you don't even try. That's ridiculous to even think we're not going to recruit an entire region because it's bammer back yard, (which it's not their backyard at all btw)

Dude, calm down. Nowhere in my post did I say we shouldn't be pursuing talented players in NW Alabama. All I'm saying is that it's not really our back yard, not when there are 4 schools in the SEC that are closer. Chill out, okay?

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Dude, calm down. Nowhere in my post did I say we shouldn't be pursuing talented players in NW Alabama. All I'm saying is that it's not really our back yard, not when there are 4 schools in the SEC that are closer. Chill out, okay?

What are you talking about. I'm about to give up having conversations on this board. What about my post makes you think you have to tell me to calm down and chill out? If you said something you didn't mean or didn't think about then just say that. 

What many of you need to realize that they didn't teach in school because the stuff didn't exist at the time......you can't read emotions on the internet. It's not smart to assume.

I'm fully capable of stating if I'm mad or upset. Why would I get mad about x anything you said? It makes absolutely no sense for you to even come to that conclusion. But I'm sure you'll pretend that I wrote this while shouting throughout my house slapping babies and kicking old people in their legs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What are you talking about. I'm about to give up having conversations on this board. What about my post makes you think you have to tell me to calm down and chill out? If you said something you didn't mean or didn't think about then just say that. 

What many of you need to realize that they didn't teach in school because the stuff didn't exist at the time......you can't read emotions on the internet. It's not smart to assume.

I'm fully capable of stating if I'm mad or upset. Why would I get mad about x anything you said? It makes absolutely no sense for you to even come to that conclusion. But I'm sure you'll pretend that I wrote this while shouting throughout my house slapping babies and kicking old people in their legs.

Because you're going on about something I never said nor implied. All I did was point out that Florence, Alabama, is closer to Vanderbilt, UAT, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss than it is to Auburn, so saying that it's in our back yard is a bit misleading. You quoted me and started railing about how we can't just not recruit those areas. Why would you think I thought otherwise? If you aren't upset, then I guess you think I'm a complete idiot to have been listing all the reasons I was wrong about something I never said.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Because you're going on about something I never said nor implied. All I did was point out that Florence, Alabama, is closer to Vanderbilt, UAT, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss than it is to Auburn, so saying that it's in our back yard is a bit misleading. You quoted me and started railing about how we can't just not recruit those areas. Why would you think I thought otherwise? If you aren't upset, then I guess you think I'm a complete idiot to have been listing all the reasons I was wrong about something I never said.

You didn't mention anything about other colleges so saying that's your overall point is misleading. You saying I quoted you is comical as I started this thread and you replied to me first so yeah I talked back to you.....it's common sense that backyard is subjective, but it's in the state of Alabama. So when recruiting nationally it's in our backyard. It's not misleading at all, you just took it a different way. 

You just made an obscure post saying everything is wrong and all the stuff you didn't say, you could've posted and explained your thoughts and then people don't have to guess what you are saying. I posted soley about super talented players we didn't recruit that are instate guys. You posted what you posted but not to say anything about recruiting......but I'm the dummy for assuming that's what you were talking about.....ok.

Mind you other people took it that way too but of course I'm the guy that you tell to chill and calm down for replying to your reply......good stuff 👍