Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

Just now, Butthead said:

brah, there is nothing credible about the huff post.  and you live in Anniston.  

yeah well we got a sonic so come on up. just so you do not look any worse several media folks other than huff post are reporting the very same thing. if you are going to discredit something make sure the battle you pick is one where they are wrong on. for the record most media outlets lie at one time or another. and lets hear you bad mouth anniston. we call these things deflections because you cannot deny facts.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

You might as well. You got so hurt that I told you to save yourself . If you are that selfish then please do not go to the hospital. Test out your hypothesis.

So you agree that I did not say any of that.  Thanks.  Glad to see you can actually read.  I was worried you might have COVID and might be a bit off.

• Sad 1

Just now, Butthead said:

So you agree that I did not say any of that.  Thanks.  Glad to see you can actually read.  I was worried you might have COVID and might be a bit off.

Lamest comebacks lol. Bro you are corny . Looked dumb ass hell yesterday . You trying to double up?

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yeah well we got a sonic so come on up. just so you do not look any worse several media folks other than huff post are reporting the very same thing. if you are going to discredit something make sure the battle you pick is one where they are wrong on. for the record most media outlets lie at one time or another. and lets hear you bad mouth anniston. we call these things deflections because you cannot deny facts.

are you high?

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

are you high?

not yet. it appears i have covid. wanna wish me dead? yep and i am old and overweight. you enjoy that young man.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not yet. it appears i have covid. wanna wish me dead? yep and i am old and overweight. you enjoy that young man.

I wouldn’t waste my time anymore . The guy talked himself in a corner yesterday , looked completely foolish , now he isn’t even attempting to talk actual COVID anymore: 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I wouldn’t waste my time anymore . The guy talked himself in a corner yesterday , looked completely foolish , now he isn’t even attempting to talk actual COVID anymore: 

i think it is funny he bashes huffington post when hannity and carlson both pushed cattle dewormer. and of course people are getting sick. but no deaths yet. how do you refuse a vaccine and then take cow meds? i hate to think people are that damn stupid. my preacher friend took some kind of covid antibodies after he and his wife both got it. do you think they are a viable alternative dag?

• Thanks 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i think it is funny he bashes huffington post when hannity and carlson both pushed cattle dewormer. and of course people are getting sick. but no deaths yet. how do you refuse a vaccine and then take cow meds? i hate to think people are that damn stupid. my preacher friend took some kind of covid antibodies after he and his wife both got it. do you think they are a viable alternative dag?

I think the best way to decrease your risk is to maintain healthy living and get vaccinated. If you refuse to get vaccinated without cause, then why would you even attempt to try to seek help if the disease becomes debilitating? I know a lot of people want to deflect from that question 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I think the best way to decrease your risk is to maintain healthy living and get vaccinated. If you refuse to get vaccinated without cause, then why would you even attempt to try to seek help if the disease becomes debilitating? I know a lot of people want to deflect from that question 

i got both vaccinations and will get the booster. a close friend and monster guitar player died a hard death. a hard death and it broke my heart. he was already in bad health with having dialysis twice a week. he fought six weeks and died alone with no loved ones around him. none. i was told by a nurse it was like being waterboarded. i have no idea if that is true because i trust few people and i would like to think he went easier.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Butthead said:

brah, there is nothing credible about the huff post.  and you live in Anniston.  

Logical fallacies 101. You're going full ad hominem. The Huff Po, just as Fox News, has some articles/info/reporting that is credible and some that is not. Both outlets carry things from a wide variety of sources. Just as I will check out an article and not disregard it simply because it's on Fox News, you should do the same for Huff Po. Throw out the chaff. Keep the wheat.

• Like 2

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i got both vaccinations and will get the booster. a close friend and monster guitar player died a hard death. a hard death and it broke my heart. he was already in bad health with having dialysis twice a week. he fought six weeks and died alone with no loved ones around him. none. i was told by a nurse it was like being waterboarded. i have no idea if that is true because i trust few people and i would like to think he went easier.

I’m sorry to hear that buddy . I’ve seen so many deaths with covid. It is the worst feeling having to FaceTime a family so they can say goodbye to their loved one. 

• Like 2

All I will say is this:  I fully understand the only way to truly change someone's mind that COVID-19 is a real threat is for a non-believer to get COVID-19.  I am not here to argue until we are blue in the face about it.  All I ask is be courteous to others and understand that some people just won't want to be around you.  For example, my father has cancer and would not survive this illness so I couldn't risk him being around you.  No hard feelings if you tell me you aren't vaccinated, especially if that knowledge could prevent something catastrophic to my father.

I will say that if you do catch it and go to the hospital, I do feel you should have the last priority for a bed and should be at the end of the line.  Those spots are for people who took it seriously.  My girlfriend is obtaining her doctorate at Emory hospital in Atlanta specializing in medicine for rural communities and she is telling me not only is the hospital full, but over 90% of the people there thought the disease was a hoax and it is difficult for her to hear these dying patients beg for the vaccine.

• Like 6

hand of god.jpg

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

All I will say is this:  I fully understand the only way to truly change someone's mind that COVID-19 is a real threat is for a non-believer to get COVID-19.  I am not here to argue until we are blue in the face about it.  All I ask is be courteous to others and understand that some people just won't want to be around you.  For example, my father has cancer and would not survive this illness so I couldn't risk him being around you.  No hard feelings if you tell me you aren't vaccinated, especially if that knowledge could prevent something catastrophic to my father.

I will say that if you do catch it and go to the hospital, I do feel you should have the last priority for a bed and should be at the end of the line.  Those spots are for people who took it seriously.  My girlfriend is obtaining her doctorate at Emory hospital in Atlanta specializing in medicine for rural communities and she is telling me not only is the hospital full, but over 90% of the people there thought the disease was a hoax and it is difficult for her to hear these dying patients beg for the vaccine.

What I’ve seen during the interviews with hospitalized patients is most of them saying “I totally support the vaccine, I just haven’t had time”. Yea, ok. So they won’t have a backbone and stand behind their ideology when it finally gets them. To be fair, there are some that admit that they didn’t take it seriously enough or thought it was a hoax. But a lot of people are playing victim, without taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

To be fair, there are some that admit that they didn’t take it seriously enough or thought it was a hoax

I’ve ran into this group , which is why I don’t take the people in here seriously. It sucks when it’s too late for those folks too. I don’t take umbrage in seeing someone go through death in the manner I’ve seen. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will say that if you do catch it and go to the hospital, I do feel you should have the last priority for a bed and should be at the end of the line

That’s where my crutch stands  . I am not one to push the vaccination on anyone including mandates. However, I think it is extremely selfish to say I don’t want the vaccine and if you got COVID to a point of getting an ICU bed , you would be okay doing it first come , first serve. I absolutely do think vaccinated or immunocompromised people should be a priority. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pfizer vaccine approved by FDA.

Run don't walk, fam.

i got the other maderna i think. i have the card. can we get both?

On 8/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, meh130 said:

Sorry. When I was 18, in 1984, 18 year olds were "grown ass men". That simply is not true any more.

Somehow Saban has motivated his team to 99%+ vax rate.

Probably easier to motivate people in Tuscaloosa. I imagine they want every possible vaccine they can get having to live there. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i got the other maderna i think. i have the card. can we get both?

I don't think so, could be wrong.

It's only important, though, for those who have cited the lack of FDA approval as their reasoning for not getting vaccinated. This should be fantastic news for them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think so, could be wrong.

It's only important, though, for those who have cited the lack of FDA approval as their reasoning for not getting vaccinated. This should be fantastic news for them.

The CDC says they recommend you get the same vaccine type with the booster, but if you are not able to, then it is ok to mix the Pfizer with the Moderna vaccine...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UncommonGrackle said:

What is being seen here is the decay of trust. The United States (for the most part) used to be a high trust society, meaning you would help your neighbor and trust they would help you, you trusted your job to pay you money, you trusted the bank to hold your money, you trusted your money to be worth something, you trusted the police if you needed help, you trusted the doctor if you were sick and you trusted the mechanic if your car was broken.  This trust was influenced by shared ethical values and a general identification with those around you as fellows. 

Now, there are a lot of factors eating away at trust, some valid some not, some deliberate some not, some avoidable frankly some not. Social media eats away at trust because studies confirmed that what most drives engagement tends to be anger, indignation and fear. Algorithms are used every day to bring more extreme content to more people. Remember clicks and views and shares make money. 

“Traditional” media does the same thing for the same reasons ($$$) since fear and anger bring engagement there must always be a new fear, whether it’s valid or not. 

The intense politicization of our society erodes trust because of our inherent tribal nature, someone’s espousing of views that oppose our own makes us feel attacked and simultaneously makes us discount anything else that person espouses.  

Certain philosophical and political viewpoints themselves erode trust, some violently so. A two party system fosters mistrust and tribalism. 

It is popular (and perhaps reasonably so) to be hyper critical of and mistrusting of ALL of our institutions now, and such criticisms and highlighted shortcomings erode trust (though it’s frequently deserved). The medical field is now getting a taste of a common refrain from the  American citizens, who now no longer trust and feel qualified to naysay doctors, lawyers, teachers, cops, judges, climate scientists, researchers, lawmakers, farmers and any and every government agency. Some of this, again, is earned but usually only in the micro where the mistrust is in the macro. 

Someone as old as I am has seen sharks, killer bees, murder hornets, SARS, lard, natural sugar and Ebola all be the next thing that will kill you. Ive seen plastic shopping bags be adopted wholesale because they were better for the environment than paper. Ive seen eggs go from deadly to healthy to deadly and then healthy again. Ive seen ads for cigarettes from doctors and smoking sections in restaurants. Ive seen medical recalls for hip replacement, stomach mesh, birth control, a few dozen medications and baby powder.  Ive seen OxyContin  prescribed by the fistful by trusted doctors for  wisdom teeth removal. Hydrocodone cough syrup for a respiratory infection. Ive seen the media shill for tough on crime and the war on drugs, against tough on crime and the war on drugs, for the gulf war, against the gulf war, for the war on terror and against the war on terror, for immigration and against immigration, fear an ice age and global warming, fear sugar and fear corn syrup. I was taught the food pyramid for a balanced meal. I’ve seen news reports on incidents I had first hand knowledge of be incorrectly reported specifically to be unnecessarily inflammatory. I’ve seen the resurgence of yellow journalism and sensationalism where quiet retractions of corrupted facts often give way to no retractions at all.

For the record I got the vaccine back in February. 

I said all that to say two things: one, those who express reluctance to get a vaccine simply don’t trust that the links to data are reliable. They (and please admit it, logically) see a (to them) unheard of medical technology that they know no human has had for longer than a year or so and they specifically mistrust someone who will promise them it is safe long term specifically because making that promise makes the promiser untrustworthy. Bear in mind that most people don’t fear death, they fear novel death. People eat fast food, consume massive amounts of sugar and processed food, embrace obesity, text and drive, drink alcohol, use drugs, live in Flint, Michigan, and gleefully trash the environment for convenience and money. As people grow more and more used to covid-19, fewer people will be willing to undergo any amount of inconvenience to mitigate risk. 

Two: get used to it. We are in a spiral. Making us hate and fear each other is good business for media companies and it’s good politics for politicians. Outside of those deliberately corrupt but huge influences there are dozens of factors that make us trust each other less and less and less. 

I think this is a more eloquent and experience driven way of saying what a lot of us have been saying for awhile now.

But what it all (still) boils down to is that, no matter how valid their distrust of larger, legitimate media outlets and public health experts might be, anti-vax sentiment is driven by misinformation. 

As for people growing used to COVID, I'm not sure I buy that. We're running out of families that haven't had a scare or worse. I personally know a girl who cried "I don't want to die" and "Why didn't I just get the vaccine" while they watched to see if she was going to have to go on a ventilator. She and her kids are now all vaxxed and every family I've seen that needed that extra convincing has been convinced. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As for people growing used to COVID, I'm not sure I buy that. We're running out of families that haven't had a scare or worse. I personally know a girl who cried "I don't want to die" and "Why didn't I just get the vaccine" while they watched to see if she was going to have to go on a ventilator. She and her kids are now all vaxxed and every family I've seen that needed that extra convincing has been convinced. 

My guess would be in 5 years vaccination rates are higher but masking and social distancing disappear nearly entirely even as people continue to get sick and die. I base this prediction on: observed behavior since the pandemic and the fact that throughout human history we’ve willingly accepted proven risks of illness and injury and death simply as a fact of life. 

I don’t think covid will ever go away, just like the flu and the common cold haven’t. I think eventually the energy and collective will for mitigation that requires constant effort and deprivation seeps away. 

• Like 1