2022 Commit & Target Tracker Thread

toddc

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn you're bossy:poke: but you did say please......

I thought I was already doing it since I started the thread, but.. 😝 

He did say please 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

He did say please 

He did say please....this time. :)

2 hours ago, toddc said:

He did say please 

@toddc These posts were taken from the main recruiting thread.  I didn't see a commit & target tracker thread so I used your post with Keith's article as a starter to the thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc These posts were taken from the main recruiting thread.  I didn't see a commit & target tracker thread so I used your post with Keith's article as a starter to the thread.

Just messing with you E. We miss your  sarcasm meter here man. Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1

Can you move the “High School Highlight “ video thread here, or should we keep separate?

Tigers commit has opening night to remember

by Keith Niebuhr

38 minutes ago

As far as opening acts go, they don't get much better than what we saw from Ja'Kobi Albert on Thursday.

In the Auburn safety commitment's first game of the 2021 season, he scored four touchdowns for Fairfield (Ala.) in a 32-14 win over Center Point (Ala.) on Thursday. All four scores came on receptions. For good measure, Albert added an interception.

“I felt pretty good,” Albert told Al.com. “There’s always room for improvement, of course, but I really enjoyed my first last game here."

What made Albert's scoring stats all the more impressive was this: He only caught four passes (for 116 yards) in the game. That's right -- he scored on each reception.

For good measure, Albert, who committed to the Tigers on Aug. 4, rushed for 44 yards on four carries and finished with two tackles for loss on defense to go along with his pick, per Al.com. He even gained a first down on a fake punt with his team up only six points in the second half.

Albert, who is listed at 5-feet-11 and 175 pounds, chose Auburn over Michigan and Maryland. He's a 3-star recruit and the No. 14 prospect in the state of Alabama for the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

Although he is rated by 247Sports as an "athlete" he is expected to play safety in college.

The last time Albert's team played prior to Thursday night, he scored three touchdowns (one being a pick-six) in Fairfield's spring game this May.

Elsewhere Thursday night:

-In a 56-49 Rockwall-Heath (Texas) win over Keller Timber Creek, Auburn 3-star receiver commit Jay Fair recorded six catches for 188 yards, according to the Dallas Morning-News.

-We don't know his complete stats, but 3-star Tigers tight end commit Micah Riley-Ducker had an 18-yard catch that set up a touchdown as Bellevue West (Neb.) beat Omaha (Neb.) Burke 58-14. He did not score in the game.

• Like 1

• Like 1

@Paladin  let me know if I ever double post something you’ve already got up so it won’t get too jumbled up in here. Thanks for all of your work on recruiting.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

@Paladin  let me know if I ever double post something you’ve already got up so it won’t get too jumbled up in here. Thanks for all of your work on recruiting.

@toddc

Will do and you do the same.

You and @Zeekare the rock of the football recruiting forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ja'Kobi and Fair already putting up the stats to move from high 3* to 4* great game by both players.

• Like 2

• Like 1

221 yrds and 3 TDs

Edited by toddc

QB commit Holden Geriner in action

by Keith Niebuhr

26 minutes ago

In the SEC, you're challenged a lot. So for Auburn quarterback commit Holden Geriner of Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School, it's probably a good thing to have played a traditionally strong Miami (Fla.) Columbus team Friday night -- even though his team lost 42-27.

Benedictine has just 400 students and is a Class 4A school.

Columbus plays in 8A, the state of Florida's largest classification. Enrollment is in the 2,000 range.

In defeat, Benedictine certainly wasn't bad. And Geriner, a 4-star recruit, seemed to perform well. He finished the game 25-of-38 passing for 221 yards. He threw for three touchdowns and was intercepted once.

When asked if he thought he and his teammates would learn from the season-opening loss to a much larger school from one of the best areas in the country for producing talent, Geriner replied, "Yessir, no doubt."

For Geriner, the No. 12 quarterback in the country for 247Sports, it was a solid start to his senior year.

Geriner committed to Auburn on Feb. 1, 2021. He’s coming off a big 2020 season during which he showed dramatic improvement from his sophomore year, when he completed less than 50 percent of his passes (109 of 234 with 14 touchdowns, 12 interceptions). In 2020, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound signal caller was 179-of-264 passing for 2,770 yards, 25 touchdowns and 3 interceptions; 37 rushes, 116 yards and 5 touchdowns.

He then shined at various camps this spring and summer. Geriner was invited to the Elite 11 finals in California and while most on-site observers thought he performed well, he did not make the final 11 of the rankings.

Here's what Steve Wiltfong, 247Sports National Director of Recruiting, recently said about him: “We’re talking about a young man that took a big step forward from his sophomore to junior year. I like Holden. He’s a guy we have ranked higher tHan the industry. It’ll be interesting to see where he takes it as a senior. In 2020, he doubled his yards, completed 68 percent of his passes and cut down his interceptions. Can he add some mobility to his game? Does the game slow down for him even more (in 2021)? Does he improve as senior? That’s the key. I think he’s got a lot of ability. He’s not in the top 100 but he’s in the top 200, so we think he’s pretty good obviously. He’s a big, strong kid.”

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

@toddc

You're too fast I was just getting ready to post the Hudl video.

I don’t win many. 😝 

• Like 1