2022 Commit & Target Tracker Thread

toddc

18 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@toddc

I hope you don't mind me adding player profile and highlight videos to your post.

No, not at all. You actually have more than I did. It’s the first I’ve heard of him. Have you seen him in your offer lists? I’m not sure he’s even been offered yet. He’s listed as a linebacker recruit when visiting USC East 

Edited by toddc

28 minutes ago, toddc said:

No, not at all. You actually have more than I did. It’s the first I’ve heard of him. Have you seen him in your offer lists? I’m not sure he’s even been offered yet. He’s listed as a linebacker recruit when visiting USC East 

When you posted the information it was the first time I'd heard of him. So I probably should not have assumed that they were recruiting him but evidently they have some interest they extended an invitation to the game. Maybe I saw from one of the beat writers tweets that they were looking at him for linebacker. I could be mistaken so much stuff comes through my Twitter feed.

• Like 1

Keith has a nice visitors list for Saturday posted on there to which he says that he will keep updated.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@Zeek @toddcAntonio Williams?

😉 😉 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@toddc @Zeek

Tanner Bailey from Gordo?

Oregon commit. Maybe take one from Mario C?

46 minutes ago, Crouching Tiger said:

Oregon commit. Maybe take one from Mario C?

Staff has not been communicating with him for w/e reason. IIRC he reached out to Harsin right after his hiring was announced but we never really pursued. He is an Auburn legacy and I think if we were interested we very much would have a shot at landing him.

Before anyone asks, no, it would have no impact on Geriner.

4-star CB schedules official visit with Tigers

VIP By KEITH NIEBUHR 91 minutes ago

Four-star cornerback Austin Ausberry of Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab put Auburn in his top six, along with Alabama, Florida, LSU, Michigan and Notre Dame, last month.

Games through 9/12

Tigers commit and target tracker

by Keith Niebuhr

47 minutes ago

Another week of the 2021 football season is in the books and once again several Auburn commits and targets shined.

Here’s a look back at their performances ...

-QB Holden Geriner, Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine: Benedictine beat North Oconee (Ga.) 48-17. Geriner finished the game 13-of-24 passing for 144 yards and one touchdown -- and added 39 rushing yards and two touchdowns on six carries. He's now 63 of 99 for 625 yards in three games with five touchdowns and one interception. 

-S Caleb Wooden, Lawrenceville (Ga.): Archer lost to Grayson (Ga.) 15-13. Wooden had seven tackles and a pass breakup before leaving the game with a neck injury. He's expected to miss the next couple of games. Wooden has 31 tackles and two interceptions (with a pick-six) on the season.

-WR Jay Fair, Rockwall-Heath (Texas): Rockwall-Heath beat Red Oak (Texas) 62-21. Fair caught five passes for 69 yards. That gives him 15 catches for 297 yards and two touchdowns in three games.

-WR Omari Kelly, Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.): Hewitt-Trussville beat Tuscaloosa County (Ala.) 42-7. Kelly had seven catches for 57 yards with a long reception of 15 yards. Through four games, Kelly now has 32 receptions for 469 yards and three touchdowns. Hewitt-Trussville is 4-0.

-PK Alex McPherson, Fort Payne (Ala.): Fort Payne beat Springville (Ala.) 27-14. McPherson made two field goals in the game. Fort Payne is 1-3.

-TE Micah Riley-Ducker, Bellevue (Neb.) West: Bellevue West beat Creighton Prep (Neb.) 28-22. The 3-star Tigers tight end commit finished with five catches for 70 yards. That gives him 11 receptions for 157 yards and one score in three games. Bellevue West is 3-0.

-DE Caden Story, Lanett (Ala.): Lanett beat Fayetteville (Ala.) 54-21. Story recorded seven tackles and scored a touchdown in the game. Lanett is 3-1.

***INJURED***

-S/ATH Ja'Kobi Albert, Fairfield (Ala.): Fairfield beat Birmingham (Ala.) Carver 25-12. Albert, who has some type of muscle strain, did not play but is expected back in action soon. He has eight catches for 241 yards and two interceptions in two games played.

-S Tre Donaldson, Tallahassee (Fla.) FSU School: FSU School beat Tallahassee (Fla.) Leon 53-3. Donaldson did not play because of an injury. He has yet to play this season, but expects to be back soon, he told Auburn Undercover last week.

-LB Powell Gordon, Auburn (Ala.): Auburn beat Dothan (Ala.) 49-13. Gordon was held out after sustaining a concussion the previous week. He has 15 tackles and four sacks in two games played.

***OFF WEEK***

-RB Damari Alston, College Park (Ga.) Woodward Academy: Alston has 53 rushes for 270 yards and seven catches for 85 yards in three games.

***NOTABLE TARGETS***

-S Juwon Gaston, Hutchinson Community College (Kan.): Hutchinson lost to Butler Community College (Kan.) 43-23. Gaston had four tackles (three solo). That gives him 12 tackles in two games.

-WR Antonio Williams, Irmo (S.C.) Dutch Fork: OFF WEEK: Williams has seven receptions for 143 yards on the season after two games. 

@Zeek @toddc

With the NCAA allowing up to 7 additional signees in the 2022 class (replacement for players entering the transfer portal), how does this change Auburn's recruiting board?

Will Auburn have enough attrition (players graduating, NFL draft, portal entries and players giving up football) to open up space for up to 32 new scholarship players?

Edited by Paladin

52 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@Zeek @toddc

With the NCAA allowing up to 7 additional signees in the 2022 class (replacement for players entering the transfer portal), how does this change Auburn's recruiting board?

Will Auburn have enough attrition (players graduating, NFL draft, portal entries and players giving up football) to open up space for up to 32 new scholarship players?

Calling @ellitor

• Like 1

Looks like only players who enter the portal can be replaced but I’m not sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

will be allowed to replace up to seven players who enter the transfer portal for any reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Calling @ellitor

@toddc I wouldn't know the answer to this. We gotta wait till Keith ot JLee reports on changes to the board or JHead posts on other sites what he's hearing on changes to the board. All I can say is the original plan was 18-20 high schooler. Not sure if that changes or stays the same & we use the rest for transfers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

will be allowed to replace up to seven players who enter the transfer portal for any reason.

While the wording is vague it looks like they can be replaced by transfers or high schoolers, at least this year.

• Like 3