this is one reason i love america.

aubiefifty

Saw a pretty amazing thing tonight at the gym. This firefighter was on the stair climber in full equipment, including his mask and oxygen tank. After about a half hour, I saw him finishing and taking his gear off so I went over to tell him how much I respected what he was doing. I figured he was training for a firefighter exam, but when I commented on it, he exclaimed, "110 floors! Took me 30 minutes, 10 seconds." 110 floors... OMG. It's September 11 and he had just climbed the equivalent of 110 floors like the firefighters did in the World Trade Center. Apparently, this is a tradition that many firefighters do to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty that day. It's a helluva tribute! #110floors #september11 #neverforget

amazing is right.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, aubiefifty said:

Saw a pretty amazing thing tonight at the gym. This firefighter was on the stair climber in full equipment, including his mask and oxygen tank. After about a half hour, I saw him finishing and taking his gear off so I went over to tell him how much I respected what he was doing. I figured he was training for a firefighter exam, but when I commented on it, he exclaimed, "110 floors! Took me 30 minutes, 10 seconds." 110 floors... OMG. It's September 11 and he had just climbed the equivalent of 110 floors like the firefighters did in the World Trade Center. Apparently, this is a tradition that many firefighters do to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty that day. It's a helluva tribute! #110floors #september11 #neverforget

amazing is right.jpg

Feels like this should have got more notice!! Good stuff!!

On 8/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, aubiefifty said:

amazing is right.jpg

Out of likes fidy, but thank you for posting.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, SaturdayGT said:

Feels like this should have got more notice!! Good stuff!!

No doubt.