Vaccines

Not sure where this belongs, but I'm just looking for personal feedback on how bad the vaccine side effects affected them afterwards...Pfizer is FDA approved and I'm leaning that way, but I love the idea of one and done with the JJ version...any input on experiences with any of the 3 would be appreciated!!

34 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Not sure where this belongs, but I'm just looking for personal feedback on how bad the vaccine side effects affected them afterwards...Pfizer is FDA approved and I'm leaning that way, but I love the idea of one and done with the JJ version...any input on experiences with any of the 3 would be appreciated!!

I got two Modera shots back in Jan,/Feb. with very little effect. I got the booster yesterday and feeling a little fatigued today. Otherwise no problem.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

I got the Janssen (J&J) vax in March.  Zero side effects.  Wife, son and two sisters-in-law also got the Janssen vax in March with zero side effects.  

• Like 1

PS, @SaturdayGT, you might want to change the title of this thread to let folks know you are looking for help.  There are other threads that have discussed vaccines, ad nauseam, with a lot of contention and folks might not even look at this thread if they think this will be contentious. Just a thought. 

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I got the Janssen (J&J) vax in March.  Zero side effects.  Wife, son and two sisters-in-law also got the Janssen vax in March with zero side effects.  

This is great info for me!..I work 70 hours a week plus or minus 5 hours....I dont get a lot of time away, so one and done is a big thing.   I really wanted FDA approval (not sure it matters), but it sounds like they are all going to be  approved here soon.

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

PS, @SaturdayGT, you might want to change the title of this thread to let folks know you are looking for help.  There are other threads that have discussed vaccines, ad nauseam, with a lot of contention and folks might not even look at this thread if they think this will be contentious. Just a thought. 

Yeah your right...I need to change it, can't seem to edit it from my phone lol

I can get access to a computer in the morning, ill see what I can do!...Actually, you (mike) and PT alone  did enough to get it all rolling for me, so I sorta got what I needed from my thread...thanks for the shared experiences!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Wife and I got J&J neither of us had any side effects

• Like 1

I got 2 shots of Moderna earlier in the year. 

First shot was almost no side effects other than slight muscle soreness. 

2nd shot was more prolonged muscle soreness with some fatigue for a couple days then was fine. 

• Like 1

J&J back in June. Slight soreness. No other discernible effects. 

Rest of family had Pfizer. All had soreness. One felt a little tired. Two felt a little ill after second shot for about a day before going away.

• Like 1

Wife and I both Moderna; 2nd shot at the 28-30 day mark.  I felt like I had a bug for about 24 hours both times...but only 24 hours.  Wife had no issue and didn't notice anything.  My 92 year old mother had Moderna; no issue or side effect of any kind.

Would have done J&J had it been available at the time due to the difference in tech used.   

Data out of Israel shows Pfizer effectiveness wanes quickly and is only at 19% at the 6 month mark....but that is not that dissimilar to a traditional flu vaccine.   This seems to be the reason for the CDC reversing it's "8 month" booster recommendation down to "6 months" within a week of making the original recommendation.  Moderna and others seem to hold up longer.  

I have not got any vaccine. I had Covid. I will consider it a year after my illness. I don’t have firsthand experience but several people I know who had Covid had more serious side effects from the shot. Many chose to not get the second shot because of the illness with the first one. I’m curious if anyone here fits into this category?

• Like 1

Pfizer. First shot made me tired, my arm hurt for a little while. 2nd shot made me feel like garbage for almost exactly 24 hours. My wife felt pretty bad for about 48-72 hours—but mostly fatigued, she had a dull pain in her arm at the injection site for a month or two. 

My parents, in their 60s, are anti-vax and currently have covid. Any discussion with them about it is off the table. I’m not too concerned about my dad because he’s in relatively good shape, non-smoker. However, my mom smoked for years (she quit about 10 years ago) and has been in the ER at least a couple times with bronchitis—she’s the one I’m worried about. Both are running mild fevers and coughing. We’re not outside the window where I can put my mind at ease about it worsening. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

On 9/1/2021 at 5:44 AM, alexava said:

I have not got any vaccine. I had Covid. I will consider it a year after my illness. I don’t have firsthand experience but several people I know who had Covid had more serious side effects from the shot. Many chose to not get the second shot because of the illness with the first one. I’m curious if anyone here fits into this category?

My buddy, who was strongly against it as were his parents until they got it, said he felt “weird” and was experiencing regular headaches every afternoon after his first shot. He got his second shot and he said he felt like crap for, once again 24 hours, and he woke up feeling great and “normal”. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Pfizer. First shot made me tired, my arm hurt for a little while. 2nd shot made me feel like garbage for almost exactly 24 hours. My wife felt pretty bad for about 48-72 hours—but mostly fatigued, she had a dull pain in her arm at the injection site for a month or two. 

My parents, in their 60s, are anti-vax and currently have covid. Any discussion with them about it is off the table. I’m not too concerned about my dad because he’s in relatively good shape, non-smoker. However, my mom smoked for years (she quit about 10 years ago) and has been in the ER at least a couple times with bronchitis—she’s the one I’m worried about. Both are running mild fevers and coughing. We’re not outside the window where I can put my mind at ease about it worsening. 

I hope both of your parents get through it ok. If mine were still around, I'd be really concerned about their health too if they got Covid given their respective histories of lung-related illnesses. 

• Love 1

I got the Pfizer in March, booster in April. I went to work right after both of them. I work inside and outside at my job and I was working outside the day I got the first one. I got hot and felt a little weak for about 30 minutes. I don't usually get that way so I figured the vaccine had a little to do with it. Other than that I was fine. No soreness either. Will be getting the 3rd one in December based on what I understand about it. 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Hope that your folks are doing well.  

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just seeing this.

My wife, my two sons(teenager and 20 yo) and I all got the Pfizer. Me and my eldest, zero side effects other than a little arm soreness. My wife mad youngest both needed a day off after the second shot. Nothing serious, just felt crappy and ran very low grade fever. After that, good to go.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason.  I got the Funky Cold Moderna and felt worse for a day and a half after the first shot than I did when I actually had the COVID.  Plus I felt like Mike Tyson had frogged my arm about a million and a half times in the same spot.

2nd shot, nothing.

• 5 weeks later...

We got the Moderna. First two shots in the spring, booster shot Thursday of this week.  I had no reaction any of the three times.

My wife had no reaction the fist two times, but spent the day after her 3rd shot feeling like she had the flu and her arm where she got the shot is still sore.

We have also had seven family members refuse the vaccine and all seven caught the virus. One had to be hospitalized for four days with the plasma treatment, etc. All in all, my personal observation is that even if a person has to endure one day of feeling crappy, that's still much better than refusing the vaccine and getting really, really sick for days on end.

Pfizer…SLIGHT flu like side effects about 26hrs afterwards (2nd dose). 1st dose my arm/shoulder was really sensitive/sower. 

I got the Janssen vaccine several months ago, and yesterday I got the Moderna booster.  Zero side effects.  Everything I read on boosters indicated that Moderna has significantly more efficacy than the other two.