Akron @ Auburn Score Prediction

Zeek

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I could see this but I would also be wildly disappointed in our offense only scoring 31

I’m preparing myself for the fact that our offense just doesn’t seem to be in the place it needs to be. But hey. Maybe they just look pedestrian against our defense and they’ll perform fine against everyone else. I just have a feeling that we are goo to have Oline and QB issues again.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m preparing myself for the fact that our offense just doesn’t seem to be in the place it needs to be. But hey. Maybe they just look pedestrian against our defense and they’ll perform fine against everyone else. I just have a feeling that we are goo to have Oline and QB issues again.  

QB will be fine one way or another. 

I don’t do score predictions but I’ll be a little bit upset if our defense gives up a touchdown. They need to be lights out from jump.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’ll be a little bit upset if our defense gives up a touchdown.

That is slightly an unrealistic expectation lol. Hope it is yellow font.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is slightly an unrealistic expectation lol. Hope it is yellow font.

Against Akron? It might be a little bit unrealistic but I still would love to see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Against Akron? It might be a little bit unrealistic but I still would love to see it.

I would love to see it too. But new coaching staff, new faces, new situation. A lot of different things to play at hand. I definitely think they will be a dominating force this year. 

• Like 1

I think Harsin will continue to let the O actually play when the backups are in (i.e. let 2nd and 3rd team do more than just handoff).

Auburn - 63

Zips - 3

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would love to see it too. But new coaching staff, new faces, new situation. A lot of different things to play at hand. I definitely think they will be a dominating force this year. 

Somewhat unrelated but trash time TDs make my blood boil.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not running our offense when back ups in makes mine boil. We are learning a new system and trying to get better, not necessarily trying to pad numbers.

• Like 1

33 - 3 Good Guys at the half.

2nd half is installing rest of playbook and cycling all the talent through their likely positions. At the end it's 52 - 9 Good Guys.

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

They gave up 58 points to Western Michigan last year.

Honestly, Western Michigan would have beaten us about 8 out of the last 10 bowl games.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Even trash time is going to be tough to score on our defense. We are like 3 deep with prime beef athletes.

• Like 1

I don't know what CBH will do but I hope he doesn't run Tank (28) times (shades of Gus) against the Akron Zips.

We have some other good backs and it will be a long season (COVID permitting).

Auburn - 51

Akron   -  7

• Like 1

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

AU-3

Zips-2

Are we going to allow the zips to bring in cowbells.

I want to see a couple of things 1st a lockdown defense and an offense that shows it is mastering the new system and has a minimum of mental break downs.   If that happens Akron should only score against third team defense if at all and offense should roll up a decent amount of points. 51-10 and the TD by Akron is against the third team.  I want the score run up in first half so we can get legitimate PT for both Finley and DD and when Finley and DD are in we run the same offense we run when Bo is in.

42 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

I don't know what CBH will do but I hope he doesn't run Tank (28) times (shades of Gus) against the Akron Zips.

We have some other good backs and it will be a long season (COVID permitting).

Auburn - 51

Akron   -  7

Agree. We have a true freshman to look at and a transfer from central Michigan. If we struggle this game, it’s going to be a long season. This is one of a few games to build a big lead and look at some other guys. I kind of think Harsin is a hard nosed coach like Dye was and to an extent Tubberville. Naturally the jury is still out on whether or not he will be able to recruit elite athletes. I think OM is going to be tough and rude this year. Kiffin can be an idiot at times, but I do think he’s a really good coach. Just my thoughts. WDE