Rookie WR Seth Williams gets waived by Broncos

SRBautigerfan

Honestly, I don't think Seth would be a tiger even if he stayed. The attitude and mannerisms he displayed throughout his career here wouldn't have been tolerated under Harsin. 

He would have been gone like so many others who couldn't hack it this off-season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He probably should have stayed, but he got drafted by the worst possible team. Broncos are ridiculously deep at WR.

I can't imagine he isn't going to get picked up by someone else

$15k a week for the practice squad isn't too bad while he learns 

If they like William's skills they will put him on the practice squad.

If they don't that is a tell that he may not have all the WR skills needed to stick in the NFL

...he will get on someone's practice squad, now that they have extended the number.

42 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Honestly, I don't think Seth would be a tiger even if he stayed. The attitude and mannerisms he displayed throughout his career here wouldn't have been tolerated under Harsin. 

He would have been gone like so many others who couldn't hack it this off-season. 

🙄

• Like 1

Preparation and knowledge will trump athleticism most of the time, especially when those you're competing against are just as talented.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It was worse he was drafted by them

He really got drafted by the worst possible team with some of the most depth at WR.  I was kinda surprised when he got drafted by them.

He should land somewhere on a practice squad, hopefully somewhere with a good opportunity to improve his game

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This is exactly what you said bro. I 110% disagree. I think with the right coaching and his pure athleticism, he absolutely could've been a first round pick.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

3rd round seems about right for him, maybe top of the 3rd/back of the 2nd.

Right, I think he could have improved 15-30 picks, that's an entire round and about $1mm in additional guaranteed money.  I never said couldn't improve, just he wasn't going to be a 1st round pick.  And a 2nd round pick is still an elite WR in college.  So it really isn't a knock on him in any way

That's fine, we disagree on his ceiling.  Just pointing out I didn't say he had minimal opportunity to improve his draft stock.

Edited by W.E.D

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

That... is pathetic.  Our current WR's have already received more instruction under this staff than they would've in 4 years under the old staff.

The comments from the WRs on the expansive routes and especially combinations is pretty damning as well

2 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

🙄

You knew this was coming

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

If they don't that is a tell that he may not have all the WR skills needed to stick in the NFL

...he will get on someone's practice squad, now that they have extended the number.

I'm not sure they have the ability to put him on their practice squad without his consent.  Could be wrong tho.  Usually they are waived then signed.  He could choose to go elsewhere.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:46 AM, steeleagle said:

Resigned to their practice squad.

So it's official, NFL GM like his talent

As a Broncos fan I was hoping he could make the main squad - the Broncos are only running with 5 WRs on the main squad so he may get a shot coming back sooner rather than later. There are 2 other WRs on the Practice squad with him. Bronco WR's have Courtland Sutton coming back from injury - and KJ Hamler who must have some of the tightest hamstrings in the NFL - dude is always held out with soreness in the hamstrings. They also have Jerry Jeudy who quite frankly IMO stunk last year and needs to step it up this season - he is a darling of the fans and media but had way too many drops last year and takes plays off much like he did at Bama. He's not much into run blocking and that has always been a staple of Bronco WRs. Yet he is projected as a "star". 

During preseason most Bronco fans were impressed by Seth - he has some highlight moments in the the joint practice with the Vikings when he got a shot with the 1s. He was pushing for a spot no doubt. Sadly he wasn't getting a lot of playing time with the 1s - and I bet he wishes he could work with a real QB someday soon. Most of his reps came from Rypien - and that is tough - and the Broncos are going to be very run oriented with old school Vic Fangio coaching and Pat Shurmer as OC. Not a lot of opportunity. On the plus side he didn't shy away from special teams assignments and by all indications did well there. 

In the end he's going to have to go for the Tim Patrick spot - who is a real unheralded player that deserves more focus because of how well he played in the Courtland Sutton spot last year. Patrick will be up for a contract next year - and may go elsewhere to star.

Go Broncos!!

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 11:13 AM, cole256 said:

🙄

Dude literally won major games for us and kept our golden boy QB's career on life support but he didn't have the right "mannerisms". 

Great gotahmighty this fanbase can be the absolute worst. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 9:30 AM, AUGunsmith said:

His attitude problem was he wanted the ball most good receivers have the same issue. He played every game hard and worked hard yes he and Bo got into a few times so what, they were both competitive. I never saw any reports where it was reported he was late or missed practices or team meetings. He was always in top shape as he worked on his own.  I have a feeling Harsin and him would have gotten along as in the Harsin offense there would have been route Trees and he would have gotten better and improved his draft stock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

His attitude problem was he wanted the ball most good receivers have the same issue. He played every game hard and worked hard yes he and Bo got into a few times so what, they were both competitive. I never saw any reports where it was reported he was late or missed practices or team meetings. He was always in top shape as he worked on his own.  I have a feeling Harsin and him would have gotten along as in the Harsin offense there would have been route Trees and he would have gotten better and improved his draft stock.

There's also the fact that many guys like NCM and Kyle Davis would get into Gus's doghouse with ease and stay there but Seth never did. There clearly wasn't an actual attitude problem like some people have imagined. 

• Like 2

Like I said in an earlier post that received a bunch of dislikes (which show you right there the bias) Bo was playing horrible and was nervous (rightfully so, his first game) middle of the 4 th quarter I watched and heard myself, Seth went to Bo and told him to calm down and trust him. He said throw it up and I'll go get it. I won't let my guy get the ball. He said trust us like we trust you. We win the game by Bo throwing the ball up to him. Bo gets all the credit of course. 

But if that wasn't a guy being a leader, a guy teaching Bo about teamwork, a guy making plays in crunch time what is? But people hate the thought of giving him credit. It's sad. The be an Auburn man thing is a joke. It's more like we'll pick who we want to be an Auburn man. Take Seth away from this team the last couple of years Bo would be playing at una or uab right now. We also would have around 3 more losses last year. 

• Like 2