Pats cut Cam, name Mac Jones starter

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Theres more there than that. And this is for those that were adamant that it was purely covid. It wasn't. 

Literally nobody said that and what else would you expect him to say

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Literally nobody said that and what else would you expect him to say

Oh they seemed to imply it. And Bill didn't have to say what he did about the multiple covid cases from vaxxed people either, but he did. So I don't think he's the type to avoid saying something. 

1 hour ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Oh they seemed to imply it. And Bill didn't have to say what he did about the multiple covid cases from vaxxed people either, but he did. So I don't think he's the type to avoid saying something. 

Um...

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Um I'm surprised to hear someone make that observation about Bill Belichick. 

I'm not saying he's never "beaten around the bush", but in that particular instance he said more than he had to. Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some people going after him for openly talking about breakthrough cases. 

4 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I'm not saying he's never "beaten around the bush", but in that particular instance he said more than he had to. Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some people going after him for openly talking about breakthrough cases. 

We'll never know, but after what had come out previously on Urban and what he said, I'm sure Belichick didn't want the hassle, but knowing how sneaky NE has been in the past, Belichick would never say Covid was involved.

But I feeling regardless is Cam was going to lose the starting job anyway, and with Hoyle, a vet too, and more of a passer than Cam, NE had no reason to keep Cam....they wanted to run the offense they need w/ passer like Jones and Hoyle can execute...

• Like 1

The reason why they released me is because, indirectly, I was going to be a distraction, without being a starter. Just my aura. That's my gift and my curse. When you bring Cam Newton into your facility [and] your franchise, people are interested by mere fact of 'Who is he? Why does he wear his hair? Why does he talk? Why does he act? Why does he perform?' All these questions.

here is Cam quotes regarding Mac and the releasing situation 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The reason why they released me is because, indirectly, I was going to be a distraction, without being a starter. Just my aura. That's my gift and my curse. When you bring Cam Newton into your facility [and] your franchise, people are interested by mere fact of 'Who is he? Why does he wear his hair? Why does he talk? Why does he act? Why does he perform?' All these questions.

here is Cam quotes regarding Mac and the releasing situation 

That sounds a little conceited to me. It would have been better if Cam had kept this version to himself. 

He got cut bc they didn't need him as a backup, and regardless of what Belichick said, not being vaccinated played into it....but not the main reason.

32 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That sounds a little conceited to me. It would have been better if Cam had kept this version to himself. 

He got cut bc they didn't need him as a backup, and regardless of what Belichick said, not being vaccinated played into it....but not the main reason.

It doesn’t matter how it sounds to you. That’s his truth and that is how he feels and that is why he is cam. For better or for worse 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

It doesn’t matter how it sounds to you. That’s his truth and that is how he feels and that is why he is cam. For better or for worse 

It's just my reaction and how I perceived it. I'm a Cam guy, and root for him, but this sounds unlike Cam to me. 

After watching the game I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the roughing the passer call Mac got after the way the NFL allowed cam to get unloaded on....I'm sure people will argue that too and cam can't throw and all of the other blind tropes people use that makes no sense......dinking and dunking isn't going to get you to the playoffs either

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

After watching the game I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the roughing the passer call Mac got after the way the NFL allowed cam to get unloaded on....I'm sure people will argue that too and cam can't throw and all of the other blind tropes people use that makes no sense......dinking and dunking isn't going to get you to the playoffs either

I always felt, and ofc it is wrong, but refs don't call roughing the passer calls on running type QBs for some reason as much. I have seen the same view on those no-calls on Cam, Watson, Jackson w/ the Ravens, and I am sure there are others. 

• 1 month later...

I thought they said PJ walker starts this weekend, but Cam in play next week