Covid....Australia riles...

SaturdayGT

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The only saving grace is the youth in Australia is resisting the *Hitler youth* syndrome. If the youth knuckle under it will be the next step for Australia’s authoritarian regime.  Thank God for the U.S. Constitution.

On a separate note; during this college football weekend the youth around country started to fight back:

The Auburn students have a cameo in this video around the 12 second mark.  War Damn Eagle Auburn students, don’t let this lunatic run your lives.  What was the lyrics to that song?  “He can’t even run his own life, I’ll be damned if he’ll run mine”.  More appropriate now then it has ever been.

Yeah, vote for Trump! 

We don't need no stinkin' democracy, we need der Fuhrer!

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, vote for Trump! 

We don't need no stinkin' democracy, we need der Fuhrer!

No one mentioned Trump.

der Fuhrer is what we have now and you’re deep in to it, how ironic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, I_M4_AU said:

No one mentioned Trump.

Let me explain:

Trump tried to take over our democracy in a coup.  He's the first POTUS in our history to reject the outcome of a fair and legal election.  His followers - that is the GOP - is not only trying to disenfranchise the voters most likely to vote for their opposition, they are still conducting fraudulent "audits" in an attempt to overturn the results of the last election. 

Meanwhile, other GOP followers of Trump are trying to overturn or negate the constitutional right of women to control their own bodies, all based on their religious beliefs.  That's called a theocracy.

Now whatever you think about Biden - and I am not all that crazy about him - he is our president for at least 3 more years. 

Our choice in 2024 will be between Biden - or some other Democrat - and Trump (assuming he runs again) or a Trump surrogate if he doesn't.  Either way, the GOP now constitutes a clear and present threat to our democracy and our freedom.

Biden may be a lot of things, but he is clearly not committed to taking over our democracy or establishing authoritarian control, whereas Trump and/or the Republican Party most certainly is.  The "fuhrer" is an obvious Nazi reference which clearly refers to Trump as a wanna-be authoritarian leader of this country, the rule of law be damned. And apparently most of his followers are just fine with that, or they exist in perpetual denial.

Only an idiot would conflate Biden with a wanna-be authoritarian like Trump by calling him the "fuhrer".  In other words, if there is any irony in this exchange, it comes from you.

Hope that helps.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

P.S.  Those Auburn students were making fools of themselves.  As college students, that's allowed.  But if they feel the same way after they grow up in a few years, I fear for our future.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

On a separate note; during this college football weekend the youth around country started to fight back:

They're "fighting back" by getting drunk and yelling "**** Joe Biden" in the stands at football games?

.....am i missing something here? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

They're "fighting back" by getting drunk and yelling "**** Joe Biden" in the stands at football games?

I had a similar response typed out but said screw it. Not worth the time. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yes, you’re missing that most of the U. S. Is willing to live their lives without the fear this Administration is pushing.  COVID-19 is a virus that has a 98% survival rate and if you take precautions your chances of beating this thing goes up from there.

• Facepalm 2

On 9/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, homersapien said:

Let me explain:

Trump tried to take over our democracy in a coup. This is a lie. That was definitely NOT an attempt at a coup. Not even close. He's the first POTUS in our history to reject the outcome of a fair and legal election. Hillary was not a potus but she did NOT accept the results of 2016. But so cleverly stated "a fair and legal" election did not occur because of the russians X 3.  His followers - that is the GOP - is not only trying to disenfranchise the voters most likely to vote for their opposition, they are still conducting fraudulent "audits" in an attempt to overturn the results of the last election.  GOP are only trying to ensure that only legal voters actually vote. They are not disenfranchising any voter except those who are not legal registered voters.  There is no such thing as a fraudulent audit, only fraudulent data.

Meanwhile, other GOP followers of Trump are trying to overturn or negate the constitutional right of women to control their own bodies, all based on their religious beliefs.  That's called a theocracy.  Another lie. Our concern is purely for the safety and freedom of the baby to be born and given a chance to live.  Women should control their own bodies...that would help. The fact that Jesus was recognized in the womb by John the Baptist merely reinforces the concept of life at conception.

Now whatever you think about Biden - and I am not all that crazy about him - but he is our president for at least 3 more years. Nobody said he wasn't.

Our choice in 2024 will be between Biden - or some other Democrat - and Trump (assuming he runs again) or a Trump surrogate if he doesn't.  Either way, the GOP now constitutes a clear and present threat to our democracy and our freedom.  A ridiculous statement with no basis in reality.

Biden may be a lot of things, but he is clearly not committed to taking over our democracy or establishing authoritarian control, whereas Trump and/or the Republican Party most certainly is.  Another ridiculous accusation from the master of hyperbole.  The "fuhrer" is an obvious Nazi reference which clearly refers to Trump as a wanna-be authoritarian leader of this country, the rule of law be damned. The left is the great destroyer of the rule of law.  And apparently most of his followers are just fine with that, or they exist in perpetual denial.

Only an idiot would conflate Biden with a wanna-be authoritarian like Trump by calling him the "fuhrer".  In other words, if there is any irony in this exchange, it comes from you.  It wouldn't be a solid post from Homer without a few personal insults.

Hope that helps.  Not much that you say helps anyone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Weekly dose of Australian authoritarian nuttiness on display...

Can't happen here, right? 

😮

The creep of it is underway in some U.S. locales, though...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Surprised it's taken this long for some folks there to get pissed off...

image.png

• Like 1

Pulling for the people of Australia!...I so hope they overcome this sorta system of government. I would  hope it would go along way for change in other governments headed in that same direction, or already there.

Not Australia, but Australia-adjacent...

Sounds like the makings of a movie to me..."Covid and the Bandits", but bootlegging KFC instead of Coors.

Here's the evidence. Wonder if the cops ate it for dinner...

image.png

Kiwis eaten up with the Covid stupid, too.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, I_M4_AU said:

No one mentioned Trump.

You are the one who brought up "Hitler Youth".

Your opinion of Biden is just that, opinion.  And it's worthless.

Edited by homersapien

Australia has now leveraged Facebook and Internet providers to stop live-streaming and to limit Wifi access. They are trying to block what is going on in Australia from reaching the outside world. Their media has been ordered to stop covering (ie: SHOWING) the protests. They don't want YOU to see how many people are truly protesting their draconian government mandates.

This is literally out of a movie. They have police firing rubber bullets at protesters. Their state media has been lying for weeks by trying to paint these massive protests as small "right wing extremist" rallies when in fact they have reached 50,000+ people (early on in this whole ordeal they reported a march of over 50,000 people as being ~3,500 people, obviously to paint it as if the general public is on board with their authoritarian government).

How much more until you finally wake up from your stuper? You are witnessing a global takeover under the guise of "safety" and Australia is ground-zero right now.

Your entire access to true information is controlled by technological oligarchs (Facebook, Google, Twitter) which have long been compromised. At the flip of a switch they can dictate what you do or don't see, as they're now doing in Australia.

But don't worry, it's all just a "conspiracy theory" amirite?

Edited by metafour
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 months later...

Bump...haven't heard from our nutbags in Oz lately.

and

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

This is like modern day Nazi Germany....Kinda wonder what happens to the escapees....

What escapees...

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, homersapien said:

Let me explain:

Trump tried to take over our democracy in a coup.  He's the first POTUS in our history to reject the outcome of a fair and legal election.  His followers - that is the GOP - is not only trying to disenfranchise the voters most likely to vote for their opposition, they are still conducting fraudulent "audits" in an attempt to overturn the results of the last election. 

Meanwhile, other GOP followers of Trump are trying to overturn or negate the constitutional right of women to control their own bodies, all based on their religious beliefs.  That's called a theocracy.

Now whatever you think about Biden - and I am not all that crazy about him - but he is our president for at least 3 more years. 

Our choice in 2024 will be between Biden - or some other Democrat - and Trump (assuming he runs again) or a Trump surrogate if he doesn't.  Either way, the GOP now constitutes a clear and present threat to our democracy and our freedom.

Biden may be a lot of things, but he is clearly not committed to taking over our democracy or establishing authoritarian control, whereas Trump and/or the Republican Party most certainly is.  The "fuhrer" is an obvious Nazi reference which clearly refers to Trump as a wanna-be authoritarian leader of this country, the rule of law be damned. And apparently most of his followers are just fine with that, or they exist in perpetual denial.

Only an idiot would conflate Biden with a wanna-be authoritarian like Trump by calling him the "fuhrer".  In other words, if there is any irony in this exchange, it comes from you.

Hope that helps.

Literally 100% of your post is horse hockey. That is desperately low even for you homer. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, AUGunsmith said:

Ill take my chances with covid over an oppressive state which claims a legal right to kill me for dissent. 

LMAO - killing for dissent......

Good Lord

• Like 1

I'd not be surprised one bit if some in the current administration are taking notes on how to do something like this...

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

I'd not be surprised one bit if some in the current administration are taking notes on how to do something like this...

Holy crap....im almost afraid to ask if anyone thinks is acceptable here...

8 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

This administration would have already done this if it weren’t for that pesky Constitution.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

• 1 month later...

The lunacy marches on unabated in Oz...although I did chuckle at "unwaxxed".

A reminder to me that while plenty of people here stateside have lost their gotdamned minds (and some have flat been broken) over Covid, it could be much, much worse. 

• Dislike 1