Floodgates Open for 2023

Zeek

Teams can officially start messaging 2023 recruits directly as of September 1st and Auburn is coming out of the gate strong

• Haha 1

Santana Fleming 4* WR

Zavion Hardy 4* DL

Ahmari Borden 4* WR

NR OT Tyler "Bubba" Jeffries

NR S TJ Metcalf

4* IOL Madden Sanker

4* S Isaac Smith

3* LB Derion Gullette

4* S Ryan Yaites

4* S Daniel Demery

5* DL Jayden Wayne

4* LB Dee Crayton

4* OT Markee Anderson

3* S/ATH Kam Franklin

NR OL Patrick Screws

4* OT Isaiah Robinson

5* LB Anthony Hill Jr.

4* DL AJ Hoffler (Damari Alston's teammate)

4* WR Robert Lockhart III

4* RB Javin Simkins currently committed to GT

There's a lot more but I gotta go lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if any of this will pay off but this seems to be a lot more effort and organization than was ever demonstrated by the previous staff.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t know if any of this will pay off but this seems to be a lot more effort and organization than was ever demonstrated by the previous staff.

No doubt😉

• Angry 1

All of these are posted in 2023 recruiting thread by @Paladin with extra player information for anyone who wants to get deeper into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, fredst said:

Exactly what I thought with this "target" campaign. It just feels very professional.

If we're sensing better communication and organization from the program, then I bet the recruits are, too. 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I will pay for him myself if I have to, but we NEED OT Bubba Jeffries on an Auburn roster!

No problem. Just get word to him that you'll buy a $5,000 autographed photo from him every month as long as he's at AU. Of course, if a Florida booster offers $6,000 a month you may have to dig a little deeper.

Recruiting is going to take some interesting turns in the near future. I recall an ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

• Haha 1

We have some really solid 2023 visitors coming to the game this weekend.

Late October I'll probably make us an official 2023 thread.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, 1auburn1 said:

No doubt😉

Do you remember what it was like before 'the other staff" started. We were happy with being top 25. They could recruit ( o line excluded) just did not develop many of them to teach their full potential.

22 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Do you remember what it was like before 'the other staff" started. We were happy with being top 25. They could recruit ( o line excluded) just did not develop many of them to teach their full potential.

We have had some good recruiters over the years but not many good developers. By early results, appears we have some good developers and the recruiting is TBD.

• Like 1

Curious, honestly don't know:

Are these tweets coming from an official Auburn account? I thought we weren't allowed to openly comment on recruits, this seems to be doing exactly that? Or am I mistaken?

13 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Curious, honestly don't know:

Are these tweets coming from an official Auburn account? I thought we weren't allowed to openly comment on recruits, this seems to be doing exactly that? Or am I mistaken?

Once something is public you can post. Also, a lot of the information comes through Twitter posts and some detective work to figure it out if it’s VIP.

17 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I'd take a top 15-20 class if we have the development to make them into Sunday players

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd take a top 15-20 class if we have the development to make them into Sunday players

That's the key.  I'm closely watching TD Moultry the rest of the year.  There was never any doubt he has the ability to be good/great, but for some reason he never performed to the level all expected.  Perhaps Mason/Harsin can make him a complete player both physically and mentally.

• Like 1