Official Post Game Thread Akron

Zeek

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Just wanna say Hunter is a beast, potential to be a really good one.  Him and Tank can wear some teams out this year.

Maybe the most positive thing of the night for me, and there were a ton of positives. Those two are going to be a good duo for us this season. Add in Shivers and Sean in their roles and the running backs room is suddenly looking better than we thought preseason. 

I admit, before this game, I was still really iffy on this coaching staff, especially the Bobo hire. They won me over in this game. 
The Harsin-Bobo combination gave us a really good mix of plays and formations. I know it’s Akron, so we need to pump the breaks a bit on getting too excited from this one game. But Nix looked significantly more poised than he’s looked in previous seasons. He went through progressions, make mostly good throws, and stayed in the pocket. I’ll be interested to see how he reacts against pressure from teams with better defenses. But this was a solid performance to start off the season. 

I also thought we looked good last night.  Our opening opponents have been much better teams going back several years.  We usually follow that with a cupcake game.  We wouldn't have looked the same had we been playing Oregon, Washington State, Clemson, Louisville or Washington.  We needed a confidence game and thankfully that is what we got. Akron has won 1 game in the past two seasons.  Bo looked really good.  Other than that, we can't tell much due to the talent and size mismatch.  Penn State will be the game that gives us some real insight as to where we are.

• Like 1

I wanted to add two more things.

1) The crowd was just buzzing with happiness/relief. You could feel the joy. People in the concession lines weren't moving forward because their eyes were locked on the TV watching every moment.

2) Bo's demeanor and leadership on the sideline was incredibly noticeable. Was getting excited for backups and constantly chatting with TJ as well. 

It all just felt so rejuvenating

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I posted this in the game thread but ill post it here again- i was impressed with the cleanliness. All we heard from scrimmages was- we dont know who the OL is gonna be, wrs cant catch, Bo is throwing picks, miscues on offense cause turnovers. All of those mental errors- NONE of it showed up in the game. Thats whats impressive. Its impressive that game one of a season and game one for a new coaching staff you dont have those mental errors. 

Texas a&m made mistakes, ms state made mistakes, lsu made mistakes, those are seasoned coaching staffs who’s teams didnt show up and dominate the way theyre supposed to. It doesnt mean we’re gonna beat them, but it does mean our players have bought in and are well- prepared. Thats big. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

So they will not get him in the 4 games allowed during a redshirt year?

Probably more important to get Finely time if he's the true back up vs a series or two for DD

20 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Female perspective on the Harsin ladies.  They are beautiful women.  Could they tone it down for a more southern look rather than a west coast look? Probably. But as long as they are good people and support our coach and our program well, then who cares? I think they are into fashion and makeup and stuff like that. It’s just their thing.  

Oh, and let’s refrain from questioning their “class”.  That is pretty classless, in my opinion. 😉

This woman agrees with you!

Edited by Auburn Cat
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Female perspective on the Harsin ladies.  They are beautiful women.  Could they tone it down for a more southern look rather than a west coast look? Probably. But as long as they are good people and support our coach and our program well, then who cares? I think they are into fashion and makeup and stuff like that. It’s just their thing.  

Oh, and let’s refrain from questioning their “class”.  That is pretty classless, in my opinion. 😉

From a girl dad perspective I agree. Sounds like some people haven't lived in different areas and it shows.

Also we going to pretend like every other girl under 30 this weekend wasn't wearing borderline see-through white dresses, bra-less, with their butt cheeks hanging out the bottom?

People crack me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey, Auburn Cat!!! Nice to have another female opinion on here. 😊

Hey! It’s been a while since I posted, I’m going to try to be more active again. WDE!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

From a girl dad perspective I agree. Sounds like some people haven't lived in different areas and it shows.

Also we going to pretend like every other girl under 30 this weekend wasn't wearing borderline see-through white dresses, bra-less, with their butt cheeks hanging out the bottom?

People crack me up.

Truth! I live in Auburn now and see plenty of thigh and whatnot daily. 😳😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Another Note....Kobe Hudson had 2 really good catches. He might not have been practicing the best, but the way he controls his body to make catches is impressive and I think he will be a solid player.

The reason he is not listed as higher on the depth chart showed as well. He can make the spectacular play but he dropped a pretty routine catch that would of gone for a big gain. He def has one of the highest upsides at the position on the team.

I personally like the Harsin family look. Is it a different vibe for AU? Sure! Regardless of the superficial view, when you see them all together they appear to be a really close family who care about their dad/husband and also for Auburn. Head coach is like being a politician, you subject your whole family to the machine. They actually look real to me and good people. 

At a 30,000 foot level, I appreciate they have embraced Auburn but I also like they haven't lost their own look and culture. The media seems to like them and any good public relations on AU is a win. A lot of people are moving from West and NE to the Southeast, including Lee County. The area has changed a lot, it might not be as unusual look and vibe as some think. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I love the students sticking it out until the end of the Akron game! If Bryan Harsin keeps this team focused on the task at hand on the road at PSU and LSU, both VERY WINNABLE games based on a small sample size of one game, then he will be rewarded with the most electric atmosphere in college football on October 9th when UGA comes to Auburn. I am rooting hard for this team and the program, and I hope we all get to experience one of those special Saturdays once again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Harsin ladies looked fine and I'm not sure why anyone would even voice displeasure when it's not anyone else's concern. Good grief, are they supposed to be wearing pajama pants like so many women wear to Walmart? No thanks. They looked fine. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyone pay enough attention to the OL rotations to notice which group played better upfront??

32 minutes ago, Auburn Cat said:

Truth! I live in Auburn now and see plenty of thigh and whatnot daily. 😳😂

Exactly. They weren't any worse than what they'd see from other students. Heard a story last night where a girl apparently came stumbling out of the Little Italy bathroom disheveled and a friend's little 8 year old screamed "girl put a shirt on!". 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

We looked like an SEC team playing an overmatched opponent. That was never a guarantee in our recent history and that felt good.

Best post of the thread, and I haven’t read past this one, yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AU9377 said:

LOL - Nothing wrong really.  I will admit that my mother called and thought they looked less than classy....  I think the quote was "with as much money as her husband makes, why is her hair bleached and eye shadow from ear to ear?"  So, like I started with... nothing really.

Maybe they like the Goodfellas Wives look…so what?

28845BB2-3504-49AE-8075-0954AD9F7555.jpeg

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Zeek said:

People crack me up.

Could be worse…

DECD6688-0FFF-4177-8E7C-906F15B121C8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6