Official Post Game Thread Akron

Zeek

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Female perspective on the Harsin ladies.  They are beautiful women.  Could they tone it down for a more southern look rather than a west coast look? Probably. But as long as they are good people and support our coach and our program well, then who cares? I think they are into fashion and makeup and stuff like that. It’s just their thing.  

Oh, and let’s refrain from questioning their “class”.  That is pretty classless, in my opinion. 😉

Our board momma has spoken. And that’s that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Female perspective on the Harsin ladies.  They are beautiful women.  Could they tone it down for a more southern look rather than a west coast look? Probably. But as long as they are good people and support our coach and our program well, then who cares? I think they are into fashion and makeup and stuff like that. It’s just their thing.  

Oh, and let’s refrain from questioning their “class”.  That is pretty classless, in my opinion. 😉

I Agree. I don't understand the critiquing of Harsin's wife and daughters. 

Here is a video of Harsin after the game. Check it out around the

25  sec to 1 min 02 sec mark. It's a nice view of him and how he is with his family, especially at the end when he gets them all together for a hug. It seems like its a family tradition after games and kinda nice to see.

To question any woman about their fashion just bc it doesn't fit their idea is weak on their part. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

So they will not get him in the 4 games allowed during a redshirt year?

Wasn’t time really. With the new staff in and an entire new offense we really needed to let Bo go the time he did. Throw in our backup and getting him meaningful reps was probably more important than DD getting some courtesy snaps. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I wanted to add two more things.

1) The crowd was just buzzing with happiness/relief. You could feel the joy. People in the concession lines weren't moving forward because their eyes were locked on the TV watching every moment.

2) Bo's demeanor and leadership on the sideline was incredibly noticeable. Was getting excited for backups and constantly chatting with TJ as well. 

It all just felt so rejuvenating

IT DID. I may have pregamed like it was for the Iron Bowl, but the vibe was different. It felt less tense for sure. And I almost lost my mind when backups were going in. WHAT. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I started to answer this earlier and stopped, so I’m glad you did because your response was better. His daughter(s)? definitely dress trendier than what we’ve seen in the past. I think the same can be said for his wife as well. The Harsin ladies seem to love their makeup and have a strong interest in fashion, which is totally fine and definitely tighter/less conservative these days. I liked his wife’s outfit last night. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not surprised people are talking about it - when he was first hired I thought they had a different vibe than what we’ve been used to. Not bad at all, just different. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

IT DID. I may have pregamed like it was for the Iron Bowl, but the vibe was different. It felt less tense for sure. And I almost lost my mind when backups were going in. WHAT. 

I started to answer this earlier and stopped, so I’m glad you did because your response was better. His daughter(s)? definitely dress trendier than what we’ve seen in the past. I think the same can be said for his wife as well. The Harsin ladies seem to love their makeup and have a strong interest in fashion, which is totally fine and definitely tighter/less conservative these days. I liked his wife’s outfit last night. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not surprised people are talking about it - when he was first hired I thought they had a different vibe than what we’ve been used to. Not bad at all, just different. 

We desperately need different and a culture shock.

• Like 3

Lol it’s just west coast culture . If you come up north , the style is also completely different. Get cultured folks and learn to accept variety. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

25  sec to 1 min 02 sec mark. It's a nice view of him and how he is with his family, especially at the end when he gets them all together for a hug. It seems like its a family tradition after games and kinda nice to see.

To question any woman about their fashion just bc it doesn't fit their idea is weak on their part. 

That's a cute family damn.

His son is taller than him. He really might end up playing here lol. 

Some PFF grades are out.

Lots of good performances. Pretty much the whole OL still graded below average. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

My take away is that he’s a family man— isn’t that what Auburn folks say they value?

• Like 4

Some of these ladies taking issue with the ladies in Coach Harsin’s family should also probably refrain from checking out the student section too closely. And as a female alumna, I have no problem with either. All I require is you love, respect, and support Auburn University.

• Like 5

I think one of the things I’m most happy about (aside from beating a team we should like that in general) is that the staff let Finley run the offense and get meaningful snaps. He needed that just as much as the other guys did. Didn’t just send him out and dive left/dive right. Bobo/Harsin really handled that well without overtly trying to run up the score. We haven’t seen that in a long time. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Exactly!! Thank you! 100% with you here. Sick of occasional misogyny on here.

• Like 2

I just think it's sad and even embarrassing that we're talking about the coaches families attire after the first win of his era. They're from the West Coast so of course they wear attire that reflects that. Harsin has raved about how his family is really enjoying living down here and have integrated wonderfully into the community. Seems like some here are nitpicking for any negatives they can find with these folks. Really strange. I say we only critique him based off how his program performs 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I think one of the things I’m most happy about (aside from beating a team we should like that in general) is that the staff let Finley run the offense and get meaningful snaps. He needed that just as much as the other guys did. Didn’t just send him out and dive left/dive right. Bobo/Harsin really handled that well without overtly trying to run up the score. We haven’t seen that in a long time. 

I love that we tried to score on that last TD drive too. We were snapping the ball with around 7 seconds left on the play clock. Like we weren't going about it in a F U disrespectful way but we were def trying to score and i freaking love that ish!!!!! 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love that we tried to score on that last TD drive too. We were snapping the ball with around 7 seconds left on the play clock. Like we weren't going about it in a F U disrespectful way but we were def trying to score and i freaking love that ish!!!!! 

We should score as much points as possible IMO if the opportunity arises.

• Like 1

One thing I haven’t seen addressed here: I was really impressed that we hung 60 on them and allowed just 10 knowing there were no turnovers the entire game. It was as fair and square turnover-wise and we still whacked them. If we can produce turnovers, we’ll be one awesome team this year!

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man yeah, I’ve never understood not letting backups run the plays and play the game as it’s supposed to be played. They practice as hard as the starters and should be allowed to go out and give 100%. We’ve also missed out on getting guys valuable game reps in the past and I’ve never understood that. Very refreshing all around. 

• Like 1

How many times did you see the offense pause pre-snap to look to the sidelines for direction?

Me either.

This is going in the right direction.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

I just think it's sad and even embarrassing that we're talking about the coaches families attire after the first win of his era. They're from the West Coast so of course they wear attire that reflects that. Harsin has raved about how his family is really enjoying living down here and have integrated wonderfully into the community. Seems like some here are nitpicking for any negatives they can find with these folks. Really strange. I say we only critique him based off how his program performs 

I just don't get it. Some just need to get a damn life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Could be worse…

DECD6688-0FFF-4177-8E7C-906F15B121C8.jpeg

Things that make one go bllluuuuhhhhh!