Official Post Game Thread Akron

Zeek

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I Agree. I don't understand the critiquing of Harsin's wife and daughters. 

Here is a video of Harsin after the game. Check it out around the

25  sec to 1 min 02 sec mark. It's a nice view of him and how he is with his family, especially at the end when he gets them all together for a hug. It seems like its a family tradition after games and kinda nice to see.

To question any woman about their fashion just bc it doesn't fit their idea is weak on their part. 

The video gave me chills. It strikes the heart. 

11 hours ago, DAG said:

UGA and BAMA really scare me

LSU I think we can get. I don’t know what to think about the aggies 

If you're scared "go to church". 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

The Harsin ladies looked fine and I'm not sure why anyone would even voice displeasure when it's not anyone else's concern. Good grief, are they supposed to be wearing pajama pants like so many women wear to Walmart? No thanks. They looked fine. 

LOL.. I don't think anyone wants them in pajama pants.  It isn't just Auburn women that notice Kes Harsin's attire.  The same things were said at Boise State.  I don't think she minds.  If she did, she wouldn't wear the pleather pants and the painted eyes would def be toned down.

USATSI_7613315.webp

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I might be the only person who thinks this, but IMO, negative comments about any coach’s family should be forbidden on this forum. .There is nothing good about such comments. 

That’s just what we all need…more censorship 🙄. This is exactly what I can’t figure out about the woke; screaming for diversity and inclusion everywhere except in the forum of opinion. Chill. These things usually fade away.

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

LOL.. I don't think anyone wants them in pajama pants.  It isn't just Auburn women that notice Kes Harsin's attire.  The same things were said at Boise State.  I don't think she minds.  If she did, she wouldn't wear the pleather pants and the painted eyes would def be toned down.

USATSI_7613315.webpUnavailable

So much positive to bring up and comment on and we are spending time on this. Pretty ridiculous (of course just my opinion).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That’s just what we all need…more censorship 🙄. This is exactly what I can’t figure out about the woke; screaming for diversity and inclusion everywhere except in the forum of opinion. Chill. These things usually fade away.

There is definitely some things that should not be discussed and coaches families are in that bucket (IMO). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

There is definitely some things that should not be discussed and coaches families are in that bucket (IMO). 

I don’t disagree, but ‘forbid’? C’mon man…

So in years past when we played teams like Akron and did not look good, many said we were saving our best plays for more difficult teams. So has Harsin given away all of our secret plays? 😬🤣…..only problem with that theory was the good plays were never revealed 🙃.  So fun watching us play a bad team the way we would expect to play a bad team!! Anyone miss the sugar huddle?🤮

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The reason he is not listed as higher on the depth chart showed as well. He can make the spectacular play but he dropped a pretty routine catch that would of gone for a big gain. He def has one of the highest upsides at the position on the team.

I don't recall the drop. I know Bo had 2 incomplete passes. One was an over throw, I guess that must have been the second one. 

I don't get all this nonsense about the AU first lady and daughters...

If you ask me...Anyone who has a problem with what they were wearing or anything else about their appearance should really sneak out back....stretch really well so not to hurt one's self.....reach waaaaayyy around back.....and pull that lodged pine cone right out of their gulash...

There is absolutely nothing wrong or tacky about anything they were wearing. So what some women don't like their make up....Get Over it!!!!!! Sounds like a whole bunch of Hater-ade going on. 

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND WAR DAMN HARSIN FAM!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

First of all I can’t believe a football thread has gone 6 pages about our coach’s wife and daughters choice of attire. As a grandmother of teenagers “Get Over It”. It’s 2021. Times are changing. I’m not saying I agree with everything the “younger generation” does and believes but I respect their right to express their emotions for lack of a better word. I mean we wore bell bottoms. Really? The team looked good (although Akron) and FOCUSED for 60 minutes. Lets celebrate that. WDE

• Like 3

4 hours ago, creed said:

If you're scared "go to church". 😉

I will be in church twice on Sunday for those games for sure. 

17 hours ago, AU_Canoe said:

I personally like the Harsin family look. Is it a different vibe for AU? Sure! Regardless of the superficial view, when you see them all together they appear to be a really close family who care about their dad/husband and also for Auburn. Head coach is like being a politician, you subject your whole family to the machine. They actually look real to me and good people. 

At a 30,000 foot level, I appreciate they have embraced Auburn but I also like they haven't lost their own look and culture. The media seems to like them and any good public relations on AU is a win. A lot of people are moving from West and NE to the Southeast, including Lee County. The area has changed a lot, it might not be as unusual look and vibe as some think. 

Great post and Auburn absolutely needs more outside influence in the culture. I think the Harsin family likely fits right in in a lot of ways, but they also seem to have their own thing and I respect and appreciate that.

It's a shame that anyone would look at those touching family moments after the game* and be preoccupied with pants.

*And it was indeed touching to see them in their big group hug. I can only imagine what that moment felt like for them. They made a massive move and life change and it had to feel very validating to get that win on that field in front of that crowd. And let's be blunt. Dad tripled his salary since Thanksgiving to come coach the most elite athletes in the sport after hustling and scraping to sign middling three star kids from Arizona- on a good day. They aren't on the mountaintop yet but they can see it. Has to feel pretty cool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I didn't bring it up.  We can pretend that nobody is talking about it if it makes it better.  I literally could not care less.

14 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

So in years past when we played teams like Akron and did not look good, many said we were saving our best plays for more difficult teams. So has Harsin given away all of our secret plays? 😬🤣…..only problem with that theory was the good plays were never revealed 🙃.  So fun watching us play a bad team the way we would expect to play a bad team!! Anyone miss the sugar huddle?🤮

When did we play a team with 1 win the prior 2 seasons and did not look good?

22 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

When did we play a team with 1 win the prior 2 seasons and did not look good?

Actually not sure about number of wins but one off the top of my head was Mercer l. And I was actually making a joke bc it has been written on this board many times that we were going vanilla so as not to give away secrets in early games ….that actually never played out. We really were that vanilla

17 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Lol

I noticed and heard the slap. Didn't realize it caused the offsides.  Haha awesome. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Great post and Auburn absolutely needs more outside influence in the culture. I think the Harsin family likely fits right in in a lot of ways, but they also seem to have their own thing and I respect and appreciate that.

It's a shame that anyone would look at those touching family moments after the game* and be preoccupied with pants.

*And it was indeed touching to see them in their big group hug. I can only imagine what that moment felt like for them. They made a massive move and life change and it had to feel very validating to get that win on that field in front of that crowd. And let's be blunt. Dad tripled his salary since Thanksgiving to come coach the most elite athletes in the sport after hustling and scraping to sign middling three star kids from Arizona- on a good day. They aren't on the mountaintop yet but they can see it. Has to feel pretty cool.

Freaking good post sir. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Actually not sure about number of wins but one off the top of my head was Mercer l. And I was actually making a joke bc it has been written on this board many times that we were going vanilla so as not to give away secrets in early games ….that actually never played out. We really were that vanilla

That's fair.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've said before... I don't care personally, but in fairness to those that mentioned it, they weren't talking about a touching family moment or even making a judgment of any kind.  They were simply pointing out what many had noticed.  What they noticed has nothing to do with culture or being somehow open to style choices.  The wife and daughters are sexy and when someone sexy dresses to show it off, they fully expect people to notice.