My Thoughts from the Stadium (Akron 2021)

abw0004

Thank you for this, I always look forward to reading your take and appreciate the thoughts and detail from inside the stadium. It’s really awesome for those of us who can’t be there in person very often. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This year’s intro video was narrated by Trovon Reed as he walked through downtown Auburn.  When I see it is released on YouTube I will post it here.  It was a decent video, but my fear is most casual fans had no idea who that was.  This is not a knock on Trovon though.  I think he is an awesome representative of Auburn.

for now

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

If there is anything in particular you want me to expand on for future games or be on the lookout for just let me know.

My friends.....the EDGE is BACK! 

WAR DAMN EAGLE! 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:44 AM, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif.b2d2f8949dcd5e3baa6103110d7e021f.gif

Did you miss these posts yet?  It is hard to believe it has been almost two years since I have had the opportunity to make these posts due to the complications of COVID-19 reducing the stadium capacity to students only.  For those of you that are not familiar with these threads or new to the forum, welcome!  I am one of those fanatics that attends every home football game.  I have missed a total of one home game since 2009 (except for last season).  My goal of these threads is to try to be the eyes and ears of those who really wish they could be there in person, but just are not able to do so.  If I can help you feel like you were at the game right next to me, I feel like I was successful.  This is a general viewpoint, and not down into the details from a coach’s viewpoint.  Let’s get started!

Weather:  I can’t remember the last time Auburn had a home opener where the weather was that perfect.  Usually it is hot, humid, with a strong chance of a rain shower.  We could not have had better weather.  There was a slight breeze and the low was 69 degrees.  By game time, over half of the stadium was in the shade.  Just a great time to be a resident of Auburn for a day.

Independence:  Saturday was the inaugural flight of Independence, our newest Bald Eagle.  His flight went smoothly, and I am excited to have him, while sad to have Spirit retiring at the Mississippi State game.  I hope Spirit has an awesome retirement and lives out the rest of her years in happiness which how much joy she has brought us all.  

Marching Band:  Auburn’s marching band did not perform their usually pre-game routines, due to what I assume was COVID-19 related.  An hour before kick-off we did not see the band make a loop around the field and stopping in front of the student section to play the fight song.  Their entrance to the field was not pouring out of the tunnel in perfect formation.  The band started on the field.  Both pieces were missed, but I also understood the reasons.  At halftime, the show was 1920’s themed, which for a musician, was fun to watch.  Also, their intro video is one of my all-time favorites.  It is up there with the 2017 video.

Atmosphere:  I would say the stadium at its max was at 90% full which I kind of expected.  It was better than previous years for sure.  The student section however, really showed out.  One hour before kickoff, was packed.  Everyone had white on.  Very impressive.  The fans in general had a relaxed atmosphere.  No more tension being felt from the fans.  Just pure excitement.

Hype Videos/LED Display:  This year’s intro video was narrated by Trovon Reed as he walked through downtown Auburn.  When I see it is released on YouTube I will post it here.  It was a decent video, but my fear is most casual fans had no idea who that was.  This is not a knock on Trovon though.  I think he is an awesome representative of Auburn.  The tunnel video was pretty good as well and I was very happy to see that.  The LED light show was also something else.  I can tell the LED’s were synced up to the halftime video, which was the famous “Tick Tock” video.  There is a great fourth quarter video as well that is synced.  Those LED’s are going to be a huge crowd hype asset now and in the future.  Side note:  The cell reception is incredible in the stadium now.  I was able to stream the Clemson-Georgia game in HD on my phone in the stadium.  Kudos to Auburn making that investment in the stadium.

Performance:  How about Sir Bo Nix?  I remember just a few weeks ago him being mocked for making All-SEC third team and being mocked for his engagement announcement.  It was great for him to do what he did, even if was against Akron.  Fun fact:  Bo is now tied for 7th all time for touchdowns thrown at Auburn.  Who is he currently tied with?  Patrick Nix.  That’s right, his dad.  I am beyond excited to see what he can bring moving forward.

Harsin:  I am happy to have Harsin as our head coach and hope he stays a long time.  After the game he went to the student section and thanked everyone for being there and staying the entire game.  Those small gestures are remembered by many.

Alabama State:  Now we look forward to our morning/noon game this upcoming Saturday.  For those of you that remember, last time we played Alabama State, their marching band announcer called Auburn the University of Alabama.  I know this game isn’t as exciting as Penn State and UGA but will be a great opportunity to fine-tune our schemes and build off of last game.

On to the next one!  :wareagle:

since we have another cupcake why not do one for us drunk or stoned? and you forgot the cheerleaders.........lol. thanx for posting.

• Haha 1