Larry Elder attacked by a person in a gorilla mask with little or no mention of it from the main stream media!

auburn41

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

It's what England did. They basically bought out the remaining slaves. Because of the financial instrument used they didn't even finish paying off the loan until 6 years ago.

The south didn't even bother to negotiate before pitching a bitch and seceeding. Once a perceived threat to slavery, Lincoln, won the election, he hadn't even been sworn in before the confederates started seizing federal property and laid siege to Fort Sumter. They had no interest in a diplomatic solution. 

I’m not disagreeing here about any of this.  Well, except Lincoln was sworn in in March and Fort Sumter was fired upon in April.  It did seem to be predestined. 

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not disagreeing here about any of this.  Well, except Lincoln was sworn in in March and Fort Sumter was fired upon in April.  It did seem to be predestined. 

They were besieging it before that and had already seized federal property on multiple occasions. One of the first memos Lincoln reviewed as president was with regard to the dearth of rations at the fort.

The Star of the West was fired upon in January of that year.

Edited by AUDub

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

They were besieging it before that and had already seized federal property on multiple occasions. One of the first memos Lincoln reviewed as president was with regard to the dearth of rations at the fort.

The Star of the West was fired upon in January of that year.

Wasn’t the Star of the West a civilian ship trying to bring supplies to Fort Sumter?  I think Buchanan used a civilian ship as opposed to a military ship as to not provoke tensions.

These history lessons are nice but the fact remains that a white woman dressed in a gorilla mask attacked a black man running for Gov of CA and the press largely didn't report on it because the black man was a Republican.  We still don't even know the woman's name.   If a white conservative did the same to Stacy Abrams (or any other politician of color) the media would still be talking about it as a lead story and would have released the attacker's name, what job they had and already interview acquaintances.  This is nothing but typical media hypocrisy.  The same hypocrisy that happen on this board everyday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

These history lessons are nice but the fact remains that a white woman dressed in a gorilla mask attacked a black man running for Gov of CA and the press largely didn't report on it because the black man was a Republican.  We still don't even know the woman's name.   If a white conservative did the same to Stacy Abrams (or any other politician of color) the media would still be talking about it as a lead story and would have released the attacker's name, what job they had and already interview acquaintances.  This is nothing but typical media hypocrisy.  The same hypocrisy that happen on this board everyday!

Dude is right. This would be a round the clock coverage of a hate crime and Gov Newsom would be smeared as having ordered it.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wasn’t the Star of the West a civilian ship trying to bring supplies to Fort Sumter?  I think Buchanan used a civilian ship as opposed to a military ship as to not provoke tensions.

Yep it was operating under a War Department charter, and avoiding provocation was one reason among several. It did have troops aboard though. 

It was supposed to be secret too but word got out. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1