Official Post Game Thread: Alabama State

bigbird

Little sloppy / sputtered in the first half.  Obviously had an “adjustment” at half.  Probably didn’t hurt that the depth wore them down a bit. I liked that they kept focus and didn’t give up and soft scores at the end.  

Hunter is a very solid RB - awesome depth there.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

The coaches definitely have film and situations from the 1st half to build on all week in PSU prep.

I'd like to see more Canion and Capers.

Real surprised they've essentially been absent 

Next week is gonna be a doozy. Can we cut down the penalties and contain Dotson? Will Bo keep his cool and put the ball on the money? Need to put more pressure on the QB. Could’ve been better at that this game. Take that focus and disciplined play from the second half and keen in on it for the whole game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Next week is gonna be a doozy

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Next week is going to be a doozy

Weird

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Real surprised they've essentially been absent 

Also, kinda surprised Shed has gotten the most downfield targets. He's an outside WR so it fits, but he seems more the intermediate guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Ohio State goes down to on Oregon.

• Haha 2

I agree on the wear-down factor. Having the ability to rotate players keeps us strong to the end. Bama excels at depth of rotation to maintain pressure and wear-down. Thinner teams becomes noticeable as the grind continues. 

• Thanks 1

Actually, it's kind of good the the team saw some consequences of losing concentration and got their heads back in the game. I won't be AS panicked now if PSU goes up on us or we get a couple bad bounces early-on. Definitely got some execution to work-on and must keep working everything like we're 2 levels behind everybody else. Finley didn't have to do much, but it looked like he was at least in-the-moment this week. Intangible, but team chemistry looks better than it has.

• Like 2

FYI, Coach Caddy just gave the Oline a big shout out for clearing the way for the RBs today!!! Those are my guys!

I was listening to him on the Auburn Football network.

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 5

FWIW, weekly testing protocols are within 3 days of competition. So you do the math. 

Like I mentioned in the other thread, there are protocols to potentially get out of quarantine before the 10th day. 

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

FYI, Coach Caddy just gave the Oline a big shout out for clearing the way for the RBs today!!! Those are my guys!

You going to Big Mike's with the boys for a steak later this week? 😆

• Haha 2

• RunInRed changed the title to Official Post Game Thread: Alabama State