Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

If their IOL is as weak as proclaimed, I can't help but seeing Harris, Walker, and Wooten having a massive day especially in passing downs.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Key will be our running game. If we can run we'll win if not and we have to be in 3 rd and longs we'll lose.

True. If Bo has to wing it a lot to win, we won't. He needs a complimentary running game to make his passing game effective.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Let's try and keep the reasonings more X's and O's rather than "SEC < Big" type of takes.

IMO, One of the things that leans in our favor is the fact that their IOL is weak and just not very good. Our DL and blitz packages should create a lot of opportunities. I think we create enough pressure up front to control the game.

imma gonna need golfes stamp of approval on this bird. nothing personal........

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

Our QB can run the ball. Deceptively fast, but our OC has seemed to make it a point to not have him use his legs as much. He had a 60+ yard run last week. 

As far as the RB’s go we too use rotation and all 4 of our guys who have gotten touches are high caliber. Cain(21) is our starter and is gonna grind yards. Somehow never loses yards and always falls forward. He’ll get majority of 4th quarter snaps in close games. Doesn’t go down to arm tackles. 

Our receiver to watch is Jahan Dotson. He’s a threat in space and hard to tackle. If he’s in single coverage he’s gonna get open, it’s a matter of can Cliff hit him in stride on time. 

Really excited for the game and best of luck!

i really love your class!i hope it is a fun game and no one gets hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mamaroneck727 said:

PSU alum here....good luck to Auburn on Saturday.  Considering it's in Happy Valley and the line is only 5 it looks like it could go either way. I hope we pull it out...(that's what she said) but I wouldn't be surprised either way. If you're going to the game pick up some ice cream at the Creamery and a grilled sticky bun downtown. Cheers! 

so far you guys are total class. good luck to you guys as well and lets hope no one gets hurt.

• Like 1

Ground and pound and take the crowd out of the game.  One of the most jacked up Auburn games I've been to was against Clemson in 2010.  After their first couple drives our fans were not that loud except on 3rd downs.  Slow methodical beating.  If Auburn gets up by 2 scores early, the game may become a lot more manageable.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think we have a coaching staff that isn't going to wet the bed in big games. Harsin, Mason, and Bobo have all been around long enough, and have coached in enough hostile environments that we shouldn't go up there and have a total meltdown like we did every year in Athens during the previous regime. 

I'm concerned about Bo on the road and our OL play, but I'm confident that our defense will will play very well. 

I think Penn State will come out hot and it will be rocking at Happy Valley, so taking their first few punches and staying composed will be key.

This.  I am very concerned with our Oline getting run fits for Tank and protection for Bo.  Also worried about Bo's bad habits and mechanical breakdowns rearing their head if he starts to feel pressure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mamaroneck727 said:

PSU alum here....good luck to Auburn on Saturday.  Considering it's in Happy Valley and the line is only 5 it looks like it could go either way. I hope we pull it out...(that's what she said) but I wouldn't be surprised either way. If you're going to the game pick up some ice cream at the Creamery and a grilled sticky bun downtown. Cheers! 

I’m not sure talk of pulling it out and sticky buns are allowed by this forums rules. Not to mention creamery

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m not sure talk of pulling it out and sticky buns are allowed by this forums rules. Not to mention creamery

All endings are happy in Happy Valley

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As some have mentioned, I think the staff will turn Bo loose a bit more this weekend. There were a few times last weekend where he could’ve gotten a big gain if he chose to run, but I’m sure the staff didn’t want to risk him getting hit in those games. 

I think we will give Bo some easy throws to start off with, which will help Tank and Hunter get going. Expect Bo to take a few shots downfield if we can effectively run the ball the way Wisconsin did. But I don’t think it will be four verticals all game like we had with Gus. 

4 hours ago, Mamaroneck727 said:

Tell me more about this grilled sticky bun

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e0auxw2adltb2y610v

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think Franklin is a pretty good coach. He took over a NCAA sanctioned team with a ton of scholarship reductions, and eventually he has won 10+ games at least 3 times. No, he has not won the conference, but I think tied once. 

I think the one area he has not recruited well is at QB, and that is where they have struggled. 

I like Harsin a lot, but he's only been a good coach in a league that can't compete top to bottom with the big leagues.

Harsin now has to show he is a good coach at this level now. I think he can, but proof will be in results.

Franklin won the conference in 2016, beat OSU and beat Wisconsin in the title game. 

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin is actually a good coach (I think) and Franklin is not

That's my reason

You don't win 9 games at Vandy in back to back seasons unless you're a good coach. That is an incredible achievement. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Looking like he won't make it

This is frustrating... I don't want to assume he isn't vaxxed but if he was you would think he would have been cleared to play by Saturday.  Hopefully, that isn't the case and something else is prolonging it.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think Penn State will come out hot and it will be rocking at Happy Valley, so taking their first few punches and staying composed will be key.

Yup, I remember when everyone outside of us were picking the 3-0 Freshman-led Vawls and their 110K fans to overwhelm 4-0 Auburn. Then Ronnie Brown became that "train coming. GET OFF THE TRACKS!"

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Franklin won the conference in 2016, beat OSU and beat Wisconsin in the title game. 

Trying to remember if there was ever a coach at Auburn with a crescendo this weak.

Nope.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Trying to remember if there was ever a coach at Auburn with a crescendo this weak.

Nope.

Or an asshat like you? When is the last time you won the sec or beat Uga? Thanks 

26 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Or an asshat like you? When is the last time you won the sec or beat Uga? Thanks 

Historically speaking (using the history crutch Penn St  hobbles on)

Pretty regularly.

Edited by jAUSon
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

When is the last time you won the sec or beat Uga? Thanks 

Won the SEC 2013. Beat UGA 2017. You're welcome.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

I'm not sure why you are obsessing over UGA. The last time we beat UGA was the same year you last beat OSU, 2017. In case you forgot about that 2017 season, Auburn beat both UGA and Bama....both ended up playing in the National Championship. It's heartbreaking hearing you come in talking about "facts" but refuse to do your homework to know what you are actually talking about. Then when real facts are pointed out that disproves your takes, you resort to name calling.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

And now we know why he keeps bringing up thuga.

IMG_20210914_010547.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1