Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

59 minutes ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

I honestly think a lot of it will come down to the rushing attack of both teams.

I do too and that's what gives me the most optimism, personally. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

So was I, Bruh

It would be interesting to see the fan reaction if Bo has an average game and AU loses. Lets hope we don't find out. 

Bruh. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It would be interesting to see the fan reaction if Bo has an average game and AU loses. Lets hope we don't find out. 

Bruh. 

If he has an average game we'll win and it'll be a good step forward for him. IMO 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If he has an average game we'll win and it'll be a good step forward for him. IMO 

That's exactly what I think. Sign me up for average right now. Should be all that's needed to win. 

Saw the PSU-Ball State game today. I know everything will be at a different level Saturday night. Watching PSU alignment and linebackers, Bo will have some running opportunities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

Our run game did not look stellar against Wisconsin at all, but was pretty foot in our 2nd game. For you to get pressure when we pass though is gonna be more difficult. Our Pass protection has been pretty good. The interior of our o-line is our weakness on the line. 

As far as your passing attack I truly hope you try to throw often. Our secondary has been lights out and has not given up much through the air at all. I’m really not too scared about our guys being in single coverage as well as our cover LB who is ridiculously athletic and did a great job against Wisconsin’s NFL caliber TE. 

I honestly think a lot of it will come down to the rushing attack of both teams.

Do y'all run more zone or man coverage?

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Bruh. 

Essentially people would do what the people did when Bo had a good game against Akron but it'll be the other point of view.

I myself am going to do like I always do and call it objectively. I won't be blaming Bo for every little pass but I also won't be passing blame to every single person but Bo which you see on here a bunch.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We’ll play both but with our corners we play a good bit of man. Pry will send a zone blitz quite a bit though. That has hurt us at times in the past cuz our coverage gets screwed up. Our 2 corners are both long and physical. With 5 total guys in the rotation getting major snaps. We’re not afraid to play single coverage.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@CoachHypesHypeMan talk to me about Beamon (sp?) at 3-tech. Is he still the starter and is he really still ~260#? 

He hasn’t played a snap yet this season. Not sure why as Franklin had been quiet on it. All we know is he’s unavailable but he was on the sideline in street clothes against Ball St

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Saw the PSU-Ball State game today. I know everything will be at a different level Saturday night. Watching PSU alignment and linebackers, Bo will have some running opportunities. 

I feel like bo can create some plays and make psu play a different game . 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I thought they were in zone a lot against Wisconsin. May have had someone singled out that game but looking at overall stats the YPC looks like a lot of soft underneath passes were made which is what I recall. 

• Thanks 1

I think our Defense matches up really well with their offense. Our secondary is iffy but then again we really did not have to show much due to the competition. My concern is our offensive line play against their experienced front 7. If we can establish our run game early and maintain the will be very, very good for us. If we have to rely on Bo and the passing game well then I am not confident that we win. I think Tank gets going early and often

27-23 Auburn

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I think our Defense matches up really well with their offense. Our secondary is iffy but then again we really did not have to show much due to the competition. My concern is our offensive line play against their experienced front 7. If we can establish our run game early and maintain the will be very, very good for us. If we have to rely on Bo and the passing game well then I am not confident that we win. I think Tank gets going early and often

27-23 Auburn

I think it will come down to Turn Overs.   I hope someone is talking to Bo about tucking the ball better when he runs.   I have seen daylight between the ball and his body well past the LOS.    All  the youngsters better learn to hold that ball high and tight for this game.

If we can create a couple turn overs on defense,  block a punt or FG  and we should win.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

Wisconsin lost the PSU game because of the 3 turnovers.  I really thought they looked like the stronger team they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.  Saturday will probably be determined the same way.  I look for a close defensive game with the team that hangs onto the ball best winning it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Essentially people would do what the people did when Bo had a good game against Akron but it'll be the other point of view.

I myself am going to do like I always do and call it objectively. I won't be blaming Bo for every little pass but I also won't be passing blame to every single person but Bo which you see on here a bunch.

Let's hope we can have an objective discussion, whatever happens. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Doubt it 

I doubt it, too. But it seems like almost everyone agrees this is the year for put up or shut up. So maybe it's possible? I'm obviously having a bourbon. 

I've been very frustrated with Nix and on the side of the detractors. But I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt now. Hope the other side is open, too. Let's just talk about what we see in the game. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Let's hope we can have an objective discussion, whatever happens. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d5a83f1d6b7be4843

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

Wisconsin lost the PSU game because of the 3 turnovers.  I really thought they looked like the stronger team they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.  Saturday will probably be determined the same way.  I look for a close defensive game with the team that hangs onto the ball best winning it.  

Statistically, Wisconsin was the better team and it wasn't particularly close.

Turnovers were the difference.

Screenshot_20210914-233532_ESPN.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Statistically, Wisconsin was the better team and it wasn't particularly close.

Turnovers were the difference.

Screenshot_20210914-233532_ESPN.jpg

These stats say Penn State was getting ran over and flat out got lucky.  Fortunately for them it counts just the same.

We were getting ran over in the 1st half.  In the sense that they moved the ball with difficulty, but we went absolutely nowhere.  30 some yards and 1 first down the entire half.  But they couldn't score and at halftime it was still 0-0 despite a HUGE disparity in stats.  

3rd quarter and into the 4th we completely dominated them, and took over the game.  Got a lead and then went all conservative and just held on for the final 7 or 8 minutes.  All of our offensive stats were bunched in a short period of time where we were boat racing them.  

Yeah, would like to see us do that for a whole game, lol.  Franklin preaches explosive plays, not TOP, 1st downs, etc.  In that vain.

Yards per play:

PSU - 5.8

Wis - 3.8

Explosive plays (20+ yards):

PSU - 5

Wis - 1

Turnovers:

PSU +3