Trust in government

creed

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe he is the President and he is the reason we have no unity as he preached during his inauguration.  His *unity* is his way or the highway.  I just hope he will not make it even worse for the next 3+ years.

The question was, whether or not Biden WON the election. 

Did he?

10 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Remember, one of the most common lies is “Hi! I am from the federal government and I am here to help you!”

Make sure you remind your governor of that next time he needs to ask the president to declare a federal disaster area in your area.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The man could broker peace between Israel and Iran and some of you would still find a reason to assign some sort of failure.  That is likely how the Democrats will retain control of the White House.  You all blatantly endorse being lied to over and over and then over play your hand.  That forces people to choose between the lesser of evils and nobody can honestly argue that the Trump puppets are the most devoid of self interest in any facet of their leadership decisions.

The Democrats are toast in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I've read plenty on here that are truly in a league of their own. 

You act as though the impeachment hearings were in some way unjustified.  In any other point in history, he would have been removed from office for his blatant abuse of power.  Members of his own NSA team, in addition to multiple ambassadors that he appointed, testified that he used his office and U.S. military aid in an effort to coerce a foreign country (Ukraine) to publicly announce an unwarranted investigation of a former U.S. Vice President to damage his candidacy and enhance the sitting President's own re-election bid. 

The actions that were proven were much more damaging to the U.S. than anything that occurred during the Watergate scandal.  The differences between now and when Nixon resigned can be boiled down to a lack of decency now compared to the 1970s and the presence of tv entertainment news that has one purpose.... to support their guy... truth be damned. You can tune into other networks today and see Biden taking heat for decisions his administration has made.  In 2018, you seldom, if ever, saw Fox or the even more lunatic fringe at OAN being critical of DJT.

Impeachment was not justified in any way.  If so I am sure you would have been successful since the senate had no strong sense of loyalty to Trump. It seems you have forgotten that Biden actually did extort Ukraine to get the prosecutor fire who was investigating Burisma and Hunters illegitimate seat on the Burisma board. Now THAT would be impeachable.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Impeachment was not justified in any way.  If so I am sure you would have been successful since the senate had no strong sense of loyalty to Trump. It seems you have forgotten that Biden actually did extort Ukraine to get the prosecutor fire who was investigating Burisma and Hunters illegitimate seat on the Burisma board. Now THAT would be impeachable.

My God..... denial is a powerful tool.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

My God..... denial is a powerful tool.

Exactly. You are denying that Biden actually did what Trump was falsely accused of. I say falsely because the aid was provided, no investigation was started, and the president of Ukraine said he felt no pressure.  Biden threatened to withhold aid, prosecutor was fired, aid was provided, Hunter was safe. It’s even on video. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

So how much trust should we have in Government in tenths from 10 to 100?

According to the OP sub 20.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Exactly. You are denying that Biden actually did what Trump was falsely accused of. I say falsely because the aid was provided, no investigation was started, and the president of Ukraine said he felt no pressure.  Biden threatened to withhold aid, prosecutor was fired, aid was provided, Hunter was safe. It’s even on video. 

Listen to an honest Republican explain the problem.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:44 PM, SaturdayGT said:

So how much trust should we have in Government in tenths from 10 to 100?

The answer to that question has to be dependent on the subject about which we are gauging trust.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:59 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Abhorrent border crisis, crime at all time highs, inflation through the roof, tragic blunder that was Afghanistan withdrawal. 

Cite data on crime and the border "crisis".

Inflation is a problem and Afghanistan was a no-win situation 

Edited by BizTiger
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Cite data on crime and the border "crisis".

Inflation is a problem and Afghanistan was a no-win situation 

Trust in government on on crime:

The ABC News/Washington Post poll, conducted June 27 to June 30 in a survey of 907 adults, found that just 38% approve of how the president is handling crime, while 48% disapprove. 

More than half the country—59%—believes crime is a serious problem, while the percentage of Americans who think crime is an “extremely serious” issue is at a 20-year high.

Trust in government on border:

The Washington Post and ABC News have just released the results of a June 27-30 poll of 907 adults. It contains more bad numbers on the Biden administration’s performance at the border.

Biden’s numbers on his handling of the immigration situation at the U.S.-Mexico border are even worse than for his crime efforts: Some 51 percent disapprove of Biden’s handling of immigration at the border, while just 33 percent approve.

Afghanistan:

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago this withdrawal was a tragic blunder. Nothing has changed national perception.

While respondents approved of Biden's decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan 54% to 41%, he received criticism for the way he handled the withdrawal as 65% said they disapprove and only 31 percent said they approve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Trust in government on on crime:

The ABC News/Washington Post poll, conducted June 27 to June 30 in a survey of 907 adults, found that just 38% approve of how the president is handling crime, while 48% disapprove. 

More than half the country—59%—believes crime is a serious problem, while the percentage of Americans who think crime is an “extremely serious” issue is at a 20-year high.

Trust in government on border:

The Washington Post and ABC News have just released the results of a June 27-30 poll of 907 adults. It contains more bad numbers on the Biden administration’s performance at the border.

Biden’s numbers on his handling of the immigration situation at the U.S.-Mexico border are even worse than for his crime efforts: Some 51 percent disapprove of Biden’s handling of immigration at the border, while just 33 percent approve.

Afghanistan:

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago this withdrawal was a tragic blunder. Nothing has changed national perception.

While respondents approved of Biden's decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan 54% to 41%, he received criticism for the way he handled the withdrawal as 65% said they disapprove and only 31 percent said they approve.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (or maybe its good news), but if all police aren't a reflection of their worst, the perception of increasing crime doesn't mean its true. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/many-americans-are-convinced-crime-is-rising-in-the-u-s-theyre-wrong/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BizTiger said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (or maybe its good news), but if all police aren't a reflection of their worst, the perception of increasing crime doesn't mean its true. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/many-americans-are-convinced-crime-is-rising-in-the-u-s-theyre-wrong/

Appreciate the response. And for the record, I am not a huge fan of polling. Just a gut feeling, but I suspect polling from WAPO reflects the most heinous crime, homicide. And while the CCJ notes rates slowing over time in 2021 they are an increase from the prior year.

Murder counts in major American cities continued to rise throughout the first half of 2021, but the pace of the increase slowed from the first to the second quarter of the year, according to research released today by the Council on Criminal Justice (CCJ).

Examining homicide in 22 cities through the first six months of 2021, the study found that the number of murders was 16% greater than during the same period in 2020 – claiming an additional 259 lives – and 42% greater than during the first half of 2019, representing an additional 548 lives. Gun assaults (+5%) and aggravated assaults (+9%) also were up during the first half of 2021 compared to the same time frame last year, while drug and most property crimes fell.

Even with the 2021 increase, the homicide rate for the cities studied was about half what it was for those cities at the peak of violent crime rates in the early 1990s (15 deaths per 100,000 residents in those cities versus 28 per 100,000 in 1993). Nevertheless, the study’s authors called for “urgent action” to address the spike in violence.

https://counciloncj.org/new-data-shows-homicide-rise-continues-in-u-s-cities-but-at-slower-rate/

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Appreciate the response. And for the record, I am not a huge fan of polling. Just a gut feeling, but I suspect polling from WAPO reflects the most heinous crime, homicide. And while the CCJ notes rates slowing over time in 2021 they are an increase from the prior year.

Murder counts in major American cities continued to rise throughout the first half of 2021, but the pace of the increase slowed from the first to the second quarter of the year, according to research released today by the Council on Criminal Justice (CCJ).

Examining homicide in 22 cities through the first six months of 2021, the study found that the number of murders was 16% greater than during the same period in 2020 – claiming an additional 259 lives – and 42% greater than during the first half of 2019, representing an additional 548 lives. Gun assaults (+5%) and aggravated assaults (+9%) also were up during the first half of 2021 compared to the same time frame last year, while drug and most property crimes fell.

Even with the 2021 increase, the homicide rate for the cities studied was about half what it was for those cities at the peak of violent crime rates in the early 1990s (15 deaths per 100,000 residents in those cities versus 28 per 100,000 in 1993). Nevertheless, the study’s authors called for “urgent action” to address the spike in violence.

https://counciloncj.org/new-data-shows-homicide-rise-continues-in-u-s-cities-but-at-slower-rate/

Building new jails is not the answer.  After all, we have more people in prison than any other country on the planet.  Should we mandate that everyone carry a gun?  Should we just shoot and kill more people in the inner cities?  What answer are you suggesting?

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Building new jails is not the answer.  After all, we have more people in prison than any other country on the planet.  Should we mandate that everyone carry a gun?  Should we just shoot and kill more people in the inner cities?  What answer are you suggesting?

What are you talking about?

On 9/13/2021 at 7:58 AM, creed said:

I was watching a segment on GMA with Evan Osnos and he stated the trust in government is only 18 percent. To me that indicates a major failure of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of our system, which begs the question WHY? 

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Statistic: Reported violent crime rate in the United States from 1990 to 2018 | Statista

Violent Crime is WAY down in America. Been going down for about 30 years. 
Why would we need more prisons? 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Statistic: Reported violent crime rate in the United States from 1990 to 2018 | Statista

Violent Crime is WAY down in America. Been going down for about 30 years. 
Why would we need more prisons? 

As I mentioned, I can only speculate respondents to the WAPO polling were focused on homicides. And as CCJ reported, homicides rose in the first 6 months of 2021 compared to the previous year. And if I recall their data showed a spike in 2020 as well. 

Over a 30 year period you would be correct, but you and I know people are focused on the now not the past and so is the poll. So imagine living in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, etc. being asked by a polling firm your thoughts on crime. I suspect that is how we arrived at a 38% approval.

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

As I mentioned, I can only speculate respondents to the WAPO polling were focused on homicides. And as CCJ reported, homicides rose in the first 6 months of 2021 compared to the previous year. And if I recall their data showed a spike in 2020 as well. 

Over a 30 year period you would be correct, but you and I know people are focused on the now not the past and so is the poll. So imagine living in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, etc. being asked by a polling firm your thoughts on crime. I suspect that is how we arrived at a 38% approval.

I specifically asked about what we do? You dont build more prisons for a temporary spike. I am sure spikes get all the attention, but we should not over react to every input. We should have an abundance of prison cells now. 

On 9/14/2021 at 10:40 PM, jj3jordan said:

This statement is simply bull****.  The two situations are not remotely similar when you actually take the time to look at what was happening. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/trump-twists-facts-on-biden-and-ukraine/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This statement is simply bull****.  The two situations are not remotely similar when you actually take the time to look at what was happening. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/trump-twists-facts-on-biden-and-ukraine/

It is truly amazing how you leftists will parse hairs to rationalize literally anything.

Biden did in fact threaten to withhold money from Ukraine unless they fire the prosecutor.  

Basically the IMF, EU and others  suspected that Ukraine was full of corruption and threatened to withhold money also.

Burisma would legitimately be suspected as a participant in this corruption.

Nobody ever said this corruption from the IMF EU and others was regarding Hunter Biden's crimes against Ukraine Law.  This article uses quotes from locals who said that Hunter had not broken the law in Ukraine so he was not under investigation.  

The prosecutor in question was corrupt according to you.

Therefore he must be replaced because he potentially could have uncovered something and would not be under the influence of the Ukraine government or the US government.

Biden was worried that the alleged corrupt and uncontrollable prosecutor would discover "abnormalities" in Burisma since Hunter was on the board due to an appointment that was obviously done purely because Joe was VP and actually in charge of Ukraine policy for the US govt. It is absolutely laughable to even pretend that Hunter's appointment was ANYTHING but outright influence peddling.

The article continues with quotes stating Biden was not involved and there are no grounds to think there was wrongdoing STARTING from 2014 (when Hunter was appt).  No the corruption started before 2014, Hunter just joined in when he was appointed and was able to peddle his fathers influence around the country and assist Burisma who was paying him $83K/mo. for what? Nothing just being Hunter?  Maybe they wanted his art, movies, drugs, laptops.  Probably not. Influence with dad?  YES WE HAVE A WINNER!!

The funny part is this whole situation has forced the left to align themselves and protect a pervert, pedophile, drug addict, prostitute employer, adulterer, deadbeat dad, and absolute loser of a human being by any standard.

All for the purpose of maintaining power in politics.  Do anything to anybody at any cost to stay in power. No truth, no integrity, no good of the country, no standards, no patriotism, just power.