This classless nonsense needs to stop now.

AU9377

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Some on this forum celebrated these students as being "Young people fighting back" .

Yes I did and still do.  Biden’s a tyrant that can’t even run his own life, these students are sayin “I’ll be damned if he’ll run mine”.  I believe in the first amendment, how about you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I did and still do.  Biden’s a tyrant that can’t even run his own life, these students are sayin “I’ll be damned if he’ll run mine”.  I believe in the first amendment, how about you?

I don't believe anyone said they should be arrested. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All they said was you can exercise your rights without being a classless jackass. People tend to take you more seriously when you act like an adult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I don't believe anyone said they should be arrested. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All they said was you can exercise your rights without being a classless jackass. People tend to take you more seriously when you act like an adult.

Arrested? For speaking your mind?  Where did that come from?  A lot of leaps of logic on the board today.

They are young adults, that’s what they do.  They tend to say things that get them attention, but they’re not wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Arrested? For speaking your mind?  Where did that come from?  A lot of leaps of logic on the board today.

They are young adults, that’s what they do.  They tend to say things that get them attention, but they’re not wrong.

You were the one who brought up First Amendment rights. Has anyone taken those away? Did anyone here advocate taking them away? My arrest comment comes from what usually happens when someone violates the law. Wasn't that big of a leap of logic. 

Please tell me how the statement "**** Joe Biden" can be right or wrong.

59 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't care how you slice it, it is classless and it is a bad look for Auburn and any other respectable university.  If they want to boo a picture, go for it.  If the President was on campus and they wanted to boo him,  have at it, but regardless who the president is, chanting that is inappropriate.  I am certain that if the players or a student organization was chanting F Trump, you would be offended beyond all measure.

Please enlighten me as to how he "can't run his own life."  What is the latest theory of the carnival barkers?

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You were the one who brought up First Amendment rights. Has anyone taken those away? Did anyone here advocate taking them away? My arrest comment comes from what usually happens when someone violates the law. Wasn't that big of a leap of logic. 

Please tell me how the statement "**** Joe Biden" can be right or wrong.

The only speech that is against the law is *hate speech* any other might be construed as in poor taste, so arrest is a leap of logic.  The OP is trying to suppress the student’s right to express their view because that poster does not agree with the sentiment. 

Biden is screwing with everyone’s life, so F*** Joe Biden is a correct sentiment.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The only speech that is against the law is *hate speech* any other might be construed as in poor taste, so arrest is a leap of logic.  The OP is trying to suppress the student’s right to express their view because that poster does not agree with the sentiment. 

Biden is screwing with everyone’s life, so F*** Joe Biden is a correct sentiment.

You consider trying to save lives to be harmful?  Interesting.  The fact that you see that language as an appropriate representation of Auburn University says a lot about the actual values being promoted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You consider trying to save lives to be harmful?  Interesting.  The fact that you see that language as an appropriate representation of Auburn University says a lot about the actual values being promoted.

Saving lives is not harmful, its a worth while endeavor, everyone has it within their power to do so.  I just don’t think you can mandate such actions as a government.

Students, or young adults, will use language to get their point across.  It’s been that way since the beginning of time.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You used the first amendment as an argument.  :-\

Saving lives is not harmful, its a worth while endeavor, everyone has it within their power to do so.  I just don’t think you can mandate such actions as a government.

Students, or young adults, will use language to get their point across.  It’s been that way since the beginning of time.

Yeah, they were trying to "get their point across". :-\

The only point they were making is that we are so classless that we yell "**** Biden"  at a football game.  This makes Auburn university look classless, which only degrades Auburn in the eyes of others, which harms every Auburn alumnus, ironically including those students who are presumably working to become an Auburn graduate. :no:

(Ask president Gogue if he approves of this.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, the OP is saying it's classless. Never said they didn't have the right to express their opinion.

You continuing to say people are trying to infringe on their rights is only reinforcing my "arrest" comment.

So opinions are now factual statements? You've gone from a leap of logic to a dead end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

https://fansided.com2021/09/11/joe-biden-chant-auburn-football-fans/

Boo if u want. Throw a paper cup if u want.  Don't act like classless rednecks.

At a minimum fix border crisis, fix rising crime, fix inflation and stop needlessly killing soldiers. Stop dividing this country and get on with a promise of unity.

My gut tells me if you do this the chants end. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

At a minimum fix border crisis, fix rising crime, fix inflation and stop needlessly killing soldiers. Stop dividing this country and get on with a promise of unity.

Some on here forget the actual harassment people received for wearing a red cap called “MAGA”.   But they want to be butt hurt over someone saying F Biden.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

What aren't you understanding?  I don't care if they want to chant something, but chanting that is inappropriate and they should have more respect for themselves and Auburn.  If they want to act like children, they can be treated like children.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What aren't you understanding?  I don't care if they want to chant something, but chanting that is inappropriate and they should have more respect for themselves and Auburn.  If they want to act like children, they can be treated like children.

I understand protests happen and have longer than you or I have been alive. My understanding is this has happened in a half dozen stadiums over the past two weekends. Why? I mentioned a few issues for starters. There are obviously many more.

If you'd like to revisit classless protests I've got a long list.  

They embarrassed my alma mater. They deserve a good quick throat punch. I would have caused a scene. I did when a couple of drunk guys were harassing USC fans back in 2003. I would do it again.

• Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are there any settings you think it’s not appropriate to chant  “F%#* the President!”?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Are there any settings you think it’s not appropriate to chant  “F%#* the President!”?

Yes, while you are in a public arena, one on one, with the President would be inappropriate.  It would be similar to teenager saying that to a parent in a public setting the same thing.   When the kid gets home I would hope the parent shows them the error of their ways.  The President, however, is not your daddy even though he tries to tell the unvaccinated that his patients is wearing thin.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, while you are in a public arena, one on one, with the President would be inappropriate.  It would be similar to teenager saying that to a parent in a public setting the same thing.   When the kid gets home I would hope the parent shows them the error of their ways.  The President, however, is not your daddy even though he tries to tell the unvaccinated that his patients is wearing thin.

We don’t allow it on this forum.  Are our standards too high for your tastes and values?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this the only setting you would deem inappropriate?

Man, I bet doctors hate it when their patients wear thin.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My patients have worn pretty thin with the dumbasses also, include the exhausted nurses, doctors……trying to save the unfortunate in the hospital. 
No place for this garbage at a ball game. Not like Biden can hear them. Serves nothing other than offending decent people. Bourbon does odd things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Is this the only setting you would deem inappropriate?

Man, I bet doctors hate it when their patients wear thin.

I’ve never been in that situation so I can’t relate.