4star ex-FSU OL anyone?

SRBautigerfan

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/ol-dontae-lucas-no-longer-part-of-florida-state-football-program

Dontae Lucas, who was one of Florida State's highest-rated offensive line recruits in recent years, has left the program after playing extensively in the Seminoles' loss to Jacksonville State on Saturday.

Lucas, a four-star recruit in the Class of 2019, started seven games in each of the last two seasons but was a reserve for FSU's first two games this fall. He came off the bench against Notre Dame and played 28 snaps, and he played 49 snaps against JSU.

But the Miami native was flagged for three penalties in Saturday's game and did not appear on the Seminoles' two-deep depth chart or roster for this week's game against Wake Forest.

Don't miss out on any of our great Football coverage. Get your 30-day FREE trial

Offensive lineman Dontae Lucas has left the FSU football program. (Gene Williams/Warchant)

When contacted by Warchant on Monday afternoon, a university spokesman confirmed Lucas is no longer part of the program.

The offensive lineman then posted a message of thanks to FSU's coaches on social media once the news became public.

• Like 1

Read this edited version and see if you're still interested.

18 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Dontae Lucas has left the program after playing extensively in the Seminoles' loss to Jacksonville State on Saturday.

Lucas started seven games in each of the last two seasons but was a reserve for FSU's first two games this fall. He came off the bench against Notre Dame and played 28 snaps, and he played 49 snaps against JSU.

But the Miami native was flagged for three penalties in Saturday's game and did not appear on the Seminoles' two-deep depth chart or roster for this week's game against Wake Forest.

When contacted by Warchant on Monday afternoon, a university spokesman confirmed Lucas is no longer part of the program.

The offensive lineman then posted a message of thanks to FSU's coaches on social media once the news became public.

Well, if we can't get any Jacksonville State lineman, perhaps we should look at him..seriously, sounds like an opportunity for someone.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

I'm aware of our desperation on o-line, but we also can't just take bodies either. I'm iffy on taking portal o-linemen who were busts at their previous schools when we need starters. That's why I'm hoping we find standout portal guys who were overlooked out of high school looking to move up in competition (Jack Driscoll) versus a guy who was overvalued and couldn't cut it on the big stage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, if we can't get any Jacksonville State lineman, perhaps we should look at him..seriously, sounds like an opportunity for someone.

10 hours ago, au302 said:

I'm aware of our desperation on o-line, but we also can't just take bodies either. I'm iffy on taking portal o-linemen who were busts at their previous schools when we need starters. That's why I'm hoping we find standout portal guys who were overlooked out of high school looking to move up in competition (Jack Driscoll) versus a guy who was overvalued and couldn't cut it on the big stage

Bingo. Casey Dunn was a very worthwhile transfer. Tons of small school OLs in the NFL.

"Four-star" and "FSU" are the least important tidbits in that article.

• Like 2

The kid is talented. Now, whether he is a fit or a head case is something I trust our coaches to figure out. But we seriously need OL help in the portal for next year.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, AUGoo said:

giphy.gif.dfb7f89c6d56059a4f4e3dc306462508.gif

Wow!!

Who knew that Jax St loss would have such far reaching repercussions?

Local sports media here in Tallahassee ignores negative Noles info. The typical Nole "fan" here is now turning their backs on FSU football like UF fans do when they lose to any rival, and UM fans do after loss #1 of the season.