Thankful we got Harsin when we did

Zeek

You know in all my years as an Auburn fan I don't think I have ever seen where a previous coach is talked about as much as Gus is.🤷 Why? Let him go I hope he is successful at UCF and we are successful too.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You know in all my years as an Auburn fan I don't think I have ever seen where a previous coach is talked about as much as Gus is.🤷 Why? Let him go I hope he is successful at UCF and we are successful too.

Careful.... all that adult like talk gets under the skin of some quickly...lol  

• Haha 1

He'll be gone soon enough. Right now he's still (somehow) controversial to us. Each time he prevents a win that his players have already accomplished, and when specifically makes each individual player measureably worse than he was the day they met- I get the warm and fuzzies. UCF and Big Cat were very snarky about this whole deal a month ago. This morning they want him fired.

Affirmation.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Chizik? I mean, he's the one that actually won a title. And we only had to suffer through 2 more years of him. And he left Gus with a ton of talent. All in all the Chizik experience was vastly superior to the Gus experience. 

You mean the ton of talent that couldn't win an SEC game in 2012?  Chizik made a couple of really bad hires. 

18 hours ago, au302 said:

There are fans, some on this very board, that I honestly believe want him to fail. Maybe they don't explicitly say it, but they also don't hide their despise of Harsin and love of Gus. I guess this is natural during changes, especially when it's an outsider like Harsin who we at Auburn aren't used to.

Harsin comes in, runs some guys off, lets everyone know who's boss, cuts off old insiders, takes a couple subtle shots at Gus and the culture under him, etc. I could go on. Some fans just can't handle it. They are so consumed with 2010 and 2013 that they are blinded to the state that Gus left this program in. Instead of rooting for Harsin to right the ship before we have a FSU/Tennessee collapse, they instead clamor for nice ole Gus to come back so that it will be acceptable for the players to dance on the sidelines as we are getting pounded by Northwestern. What an embarrassment 

You have constructed this in your mind.  I have heard nobody clamor for any sort of return.  That is silly.  People have simply argued that we should act like we have been there before and stop the catty nonsense of pretending that everything was so negative.  In other words, be real and carry on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

He'll be gone soon enough. Right now he's still (somehow) controversial to us. Each time he prevents a win that his players have already accomplished, and when specifically makes each individual player measureably worse than he was the day they met- I get the warm and fuzzies. UCF and Big Cat were very snarky about this whole deal a month ago. This morning they want him fired.

Affirmation.

Yep. I don't hear too much of the Gus bus clamoring this morning.  UCF fans aren't happy at the moment. WDE! So ready to shut this white out crowd down.

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Terry Bowden talk from 1998 to 2005 was incredibly intense. There were so many comments about how short he was and then how fat he was. They also talked about his bad recruiting, he's affairs, his misuse of Steve Davis. A lot of fakers also said he was a bad offensive coordinator.  People talking about Gus has many years to go before it rivals people talking about Terry Bowden.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep. I don't hear too much of the Gus bus clamoring this morning.  UCF fans aren't happy at the moment. WDE! So ready to shut this white out crowd down.

I've never seen the clamoring.  I've seen reasonable people that don't wish the man any bad will. UCF fans are pissed that their QB threw an interception (pick 6) that lost them the game.  I'm ready to shut this white out crowd down as well.  War Eagle!

58 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Terry Bowden talk from 1998 to 2005 was incredibly intense. There were so many comments about how short he was and then how fat he was. They also talked about his bad recruiting, he's affairs, his misuse of Steve Davis. A lot of fakers also said he was a bad offensive coordinator.  People talking about Gus has many years to go before it rivals people talking about Terry Bowden.

Ok 🤷 

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

Both made their own beds.

• Like 3

Hey UCF, YOU GOT GUSSED! #yougotmossed

I see Gus loss that QB to a broken collarbone . Now we going to see what he really can do. Prays for that QB, he was a beast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I see Gus loss that QB to a broken collarbone . Now we going to see what he really can do. Prays for that QB, he was a beast. 

Who is QB2?  Surely it's got to be Joey Transfer Portal.

I do want to issue a bit of praise for Gus, in spite of it all. Lost in the drama of the pick six is that Malzahn *GASP* called a crossing route. 

That it bounced off the receiver's hands and into a defender's might keep it from happening again, but hey, maybe he's growing as a play caller.

9 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Who is QB2?  Surely it's got to be Joey Transfer Portal.

I am pretty sure he is indeed QB2

• Like 1