Is there an end to the hypocrisy?

DKW 86

No there is not and these are the people some want to give up our freedom for so they can dictate what we do.  This does not just apply to the vaccine, but they want to tell us what is best for us in all phases of life. As the NYT put it:

WASHINGTON — When congressional committees meet this week to begin formally drafting Democrats’ ambitious social policy plan, they will be undertaking the most significant expansion of the nation’s safety net since the war on poverty in the 1960s, devising legislation that would touch virtually every American’s life, from conception to aged infirmity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/06/us/politics/democrats-biden-social-safety-net.html

• Haha 1

If I’m with vaccinated, tested people I may remove my mask— but since messaging doesn’t convey all those facts, I don’t think it’s necessarily hypocrisy to send messaging that masking in public is advisable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If I’m with vaccinated, tested people I may remove my mask— but since messaging doesn’t convey all those facts, I don’t think it’s necessarily hypocrisy to send messaging that masking in public is advisable.

You think the OP is about messaging?

• Haha 2

Its about the message that Elites think that laws and rules do not apply to them. If Newsom had been there, they would have hit for the cycle. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Its about the message that Elites think that laws and rules do not apply to them. If Newsom had been there, they would have hit for the cycle. 

Which law/rules don’t currently apply to the vaccinated?

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Which law/rules don’t currently apply to the vaccinated?

Who was talking about the Vaccinated? Are you just assuming that ALL these people, every single one was vaxxed with no actual proof that they are?

And to your point, and Mine about Newsom, if you are ready to lead, it is about taking the reins and leading. That means leading by example. Newsom is the poster child of tone deafness. He flagrantly broke his own rules, the rules of CA, while at the French Laundry and apologized by laughing it off like some rich ass spoiled rotten frat boy. 

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Who was talking about the Vaccinated? Are you just assuming that ALL these people, every single one was vaxxed with no actual proof that they are?

And to your point, and Mine about Newsom, if you are ready to lead, it is about taking the reins and leading. That means leading by example. Newsom is the poster child of tone deafness. He flagrantly broke his own rules, the rules of CA, while at the French Laundry and apologized by laughing it off like some rich ass spoiled rotten frat boy. 

Newsom’s a smug, obnoxious hypocrite.

Congressional Dems are vaccinated, though.

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Congressional Dems are vaccinated, though.

And you are happy making shotgun assumptions like that? There could medical reasons, legitimate pre-existing conditions that stop people from getting vaxxed. No problem with that. But to throw cover for stupid people getting caught doing stupid things, you are whipping out a convenient, unprovable assumption that 100% of everyone there is vaccinated and there for no hypocrisy by a bunch of people that live daily proving themselves to be hypocrites?

But instead, you drink the kool-aid that these people are as pure as the driven snow?

HEY KOOL-AID MAN Logo Iron on or Sew on Patch Emblem Red Koolaid  Embroidered 718929201124 | eBay

Tex, love you man, you have indeed opened my eyes to things over the years. Hope we meet one day where I will feed you a steak and some higher end beers, but "Newsom’s a smug, obnoxious hypocrite" is true. However, after dealing with the Republican for 25 years and now some of the Dems at the state level, let me tell you, I think almost all the party people are "smug, obnoxious hypocrites."

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And you are happy making shotgun assumptions like that? There could medical reasons, legitimate pre-existing conditions that stop people from getting vaxxed. No problem with that. But to throw cover for stupid people getting caught doing stupid things, you are whipping out a convenient, unprovable assumption that 100% of everyone there is vaccinated and there for no hypocrisy by a bunch of people that live daily proving themselves to be hypocrites?

But instead, you drink the kool-aid that these people are as pure as the driven snow?

HEY KOOL-AID MAN Logo Iron on or Sew on Patch Emblem Red Koolaid  Embroidered 718929201124 | eBay

Tex, love you man, you have indeed opened my eyes to things over the years. Hope we meet one day where I will feed you a steak and some higher end beers, but "Newsom’s a smug, obnoxious hypocrite" is true. However, after dealing with the Republican for 25 years and now some of the Dems at the state level, let me tell you, I think almost all the party people are "smug, obnoxious hypocrites."

You’re stuck in an interminable loop. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/14/politics/democrats-vaccination-rates-house-mask-rules/index.html

It’s not about whether they are vaccinated or not.   If they are vaccinated, then don’t put the mask on. If someone ask, say we are all vaccinated.   Don’t play, the cameras are rolling so let’s all put the mask on so everyone knows we wear mask.   When just minutes before, you weren’t wearing one.   

12 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not about whether they are vaccinated or not.   If they are vaccinated, then don’t put the mask on. If someone ask, say we are all vaccinated.   Don’t play, the cameras are rolling so let’s all put the mask on so everyone knows we wear mask.   When just minutes before, you weren’t wearing one.   

Just stop. There is no reason nor logic with the party uber alles types