I LOVE BIG GAMES

kennypowers

Auburn RBs need to step up.  Penn State doesn't believe...at least their fans don't.  And questioning our Defense?  Not a lot of high football IQ in this thread   Screenshot_20210914-120850.png

Screenshot_20210914-114849.png

• Haha 2

So it is this person's opinion that PFF's #1 returning RB in the country couldn't break the 2 deep at PSU?

stupid-forest-gump.gif

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So it is this person's opinion that PFF's #1 returning RB in the country couldn't break the 2 deep at PSU?

stupid-forest-gump.gif

Yes.  That’s what he said.   Every fan base has them, including ours.  Chuckle and move along.   The more attention you give them, the more stupid they will get.   We’ve all met bama fans, so we know how this works.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yes.  That’s what he said.   Every fan base has them, including ours.  Chuckle and move along.   The more attention you give them, the more stupid they will get.   We’ve all met bama fans, so we know how this works.  

But here's the thing.....

Most Bama fans aren't stupid enough to say that about Tank.  They actually watch football.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

But here's the thing.....

Most Bama fans are stupid enough to say that about Tank.  They actually watch football.

are not?

Regardless of what some Penn State fan thinks about Tank I'm just excited about the prospect of winning a big game.  My buddy and I were discussing the last true big game that Auburn won and it was UGA and Bama in 2017.  2019 IB was nice but really didn't mean anything and was against a good 2nd string QB.  I think talent wise both teams are comparable but getting a win against a top 10 team, on the road, in a "white out" will have everyone talking about Auburn.  I don't know if JHS will be structurally safe in 2 weeks for UGA if Auburn beats Penn State.  It will be rocking.

• Like 2

The more I think about this game the more I think we may have a big one. I try not to buy into the SEC is unbeatable and everyone else stinks, but I just cannot see Penn State having the horses to keep up if we play sound football on each LOS. 

If our OL is above average, Tank will eat. If Bo plays disciplined and has a pocket, I don't believe PSU will have a chance. 

• Like 1

And when we do beat the hell out of PSU, we won't get any love or respect as usual. They'll downplay it and probably even keep PSU ranked above us lol. Though if we lose, all you'll hear about is what a powerful great win it is for PSU for their playoff resume. It's all so predictable and boring. They saying we haven't played anyone yet but will brag about beating us in the same breath.

I am going to a sports bar in downtown with my wife to watch the game for the first time since 2019.  After that season, I couldn't stomach going out to a bar to watch just to see Gus screw it up.  It is nice to be excited enough about a big Auburn game to want to watch it at a sports bar instead sitting on my couch yelling about how stupid Gus is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clwn said:

And when we do beat the hell out of PSU, we won't get any love or respect as usual. They'll downplay it and probably even keep PSU ranked above us lol.

No way the media will downplay us if we win. The fans are wearing their WHITE SHIRTS!!!  7-7 in white outs doesn't happen by accident. 

59 minutes ago, gr82be said:

No way the media will downplay us if we win. The fans are wearing their WHITE SHIRTS!!!  7-7 in white outs doesn't happen by accident. 

lol you're right. how could i forget the great white shirt out. it's like captain planet himself arrives when all their fans put on the shirts.

Lot of folks think this game is on Bo.  More pressure on the O-Line to make sure it doesn't have to be on Bo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Lot of folks think this game is on Bo.  More pressure on the O-Line to make sure it doesn't have to be on Bo.

Bo is going to have to learn how to uplift those around him at some point. The o line is what it is. I think they will be adequate but even being adequate will not be enough. Bo is going to have to make plays even when things break down. He is five star and supposedly the next big thing. Games like this will show us. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They couldn’t even run the ball well on ball state. They should worry about that 

ball state was a monster in their league last year so they were supposed to be decent. but what if they used ball state for a tuneup game and maybe we did not get an honest picture of them? and coach harsin had to nuke the team at halftime to get us playing good against alabama state. but we have a great opportunity ahead of us and i am thinking we win by a couple of touchdowns. kenny is not wrong very often.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Bo is going to have to learn how to uplift those around him at some point. The o line is what it is. I think they will be adequate but even being adequate will not be enough. Bo is going to have to make plays even when things break down. He is five star and supposedly the next big thing. Games like this will show us. 

Absolutely. That's the whole point of the QB is the most important position in sports. Also you can't have a career of it's everybody else fault.

There's a bunch of guys that could be playing on the highest level if they didn't have to get hit, or everything always went according to plan. The reason the best are regarded as the best is because of what they do when they have adversity

• Like 1