2022 5* PF Jarace Walker

PointGuardEyes

11 hours ago, PointGuardEyes said:

2022 F Jarace Walker out of IMG has set an official visit with Auburn on October 8th.

He has also set officials with LSU (9/17), Alabama (10/1), Texas (10/15), and Houston (10/29).

You can check out everything there is to know about his game here: Player Evaluation.

I hate that there are two visits after ours. 

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 5* PF Jarace Walker
  • 2 weeks later...

That would be great to hear.  All I heard from his interview was that Auburn was definitely in the mix.  Didn't sound overly optimistic but he may be playing his cards close to the vest.  Worried his teammate headed to bammer may carry a lot of influence.  I can only imagine the NIL deal bammer is offering.  Can the yellow wood man step up to the table and get us in the game for Walker?

It seems like Tre Donaldson is recruiting him hard (they are pretty close). However, his IMG teammate & Bama commit Jaden Bradley has probably more influence. According to Donaldson we are in a good position, however.

Jarace is our most exciting recruit this year (across all sports)! I would really love to land him, he would be right there with Cooper & Smith: 2020 Sharife Cooper, 2021 Jabari Smith, 2022 Jarace Walker? - and 2023 Isaiah Collier?

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 6:29 PM, hooverwareagle1 said:

That would be great to hear.  All I heard from his interview was that Auburn was definitely in the mix.  Didn't sound overly optimistic but he may be playing his cards close to the vest.  Worried his teammate headed to bammer may carry a lot of influence.  I can only imagine the NIL deal bammer is offering.  Can the yellow wood man step up to the table and get us in the game for Walker?

I also came away from his comments skeptical that this was a guy who’d decided on Auburn. Hope I’m wrong, or if I’m not I hope he at least picks Houston…

I keep hearing and reading it’s between Auburn and Houston. I can’t really believe it though, it should be Auburn vs Alabama. However, maybe if he really wanted to go to Bama he would be committed to them by now?

(Arkansas just landed another 5star and some rumors that yet another 5star is on the way… What’s going on in Fayatteville? Walmart$$ ?)

Edited by AUreo

57 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I can’t really believe it though,

@AUreo Why not? He has family connections to Houston. And Houston is coming off a deep Tourney run.

58 minutes ago, AUreo said:

it should be Auburn vs Alabama.

Why Bama?

59 minutes ago, AUreo said:

maybe if he really wanted to go to Bama he would be committed to them by now?

Not necessarily. 1. We offered & was on him before they were. 2. JW has always planned to commit close to ESD in November.

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

(Arkansas just landed another 5star and some rumors that yet another 5star is on the way… What’s going on in Fayatteville? Walmart$$ ?)

Not sure anything has to be going on there more than any other team is doing in terms of playing the game. Arky has a rich basketball history & Muss is a great recruiter.

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

I keep hearing and reading it’s between Auburn and Houston. I can’t really believe it though, it should be Auburn vs Alabama. However, maybe if he really wanted to go to Bama he would be committed to them by now?

Interesting. From what I’ve seen Alabama seems fairly confident about landing him. 

Jarace is visiting Texas this weekend. Maybe they came in too late, but Chris Beard is an incredible recruiter. 

Please be Auburn, but if not Auburn please be Houston but from what I have been reading bama is working out some type of NIL deal that will make him a lot of money.

52 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Please be Auburn, but if not Auburn please be Houston but from what I have been reading bama is working out some type of NIL deal that will make him a lot of money.

It's against the rules to discuss NIL deals with a player who hasn't signed yet, or use the promise of such a deal to aid recruiting. Not that a rule would stop bammer from cheating, but they are too smart to let it go public.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's against the rules to discuss NIL deals with a player who hasn't signed yet, or use the promise of such a deal to aid recruiting. Not that a rule would stop bammer from cheating, but they are too smart to let it go public.

Alabama has another IMG 5-star already committed (which should help them to land JWalker) + yet another 5-star (Brandon Miller) will probably commit soon 🤢

Edited by AUreo

Houston seems like the bigger threat. JLee said today he will not have another opinion on JW til after his Houston OV.

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

Alabama has another IMG 5-star already committed (which should help them to land JWalker) + yet another 5-star (Brandon Miller) will probably commit soon 🤢

Alabama and LSU have been insane as of late. UK and Tenn are what they are, and Arky is doing their thing now as well, but Bama and LSU being this good always does suck especially

Truly a blessing UGA has the abundance of talent that it does and Pearl has the pipeline there that he does. We'd be in a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy not good position in the arms race, otherwise. 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Alabama and LSU have been insane as of late. UK and Tenn are what they are, and Arky is doing their thing now as well, but Bama and LSU being this good always does suck especially

Truly a blessing UGA has the abundance of talent that it does and Pearl has the pipeline there that he does. We'd be in a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy not good position in the arms race, otherwise. 

Completely agree. We can’t waste time building our program. When UGA gets a better coach in (and they’ll stumble into that eventually) they will be a power based on proximity to talent alone. 

• Like 1