2022 5* PF Jarace Walker

PointGuardEyes

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

We can’t waste time building our program

Huh? We're built & have been for a good while.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Completely agree. We can’t waste time building our program. When UGA gets a better coach in (and they’ll stumble into that eventually) they will be a power based on proximity to talent alone. 

A real ace coach for them could honestly give flashbacks to UGA getting Richt in football. I hope we can progress at finishing with at least other elite regional talent. Maybe the money (and brand structure) starts improving to where we can be a national power, but we def need to expand past just the state of Georgia 

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A real ace coach for them could honestly give flashbacks to UGA getting Richt in football. I hope we can progress at finishing with at least other elite regional talent. Maybe the money (and brand structure) starts improving to where we can be a national power, but we def need to expand past just the state of Georgia 

I agree, should UGA hire a new coach + offer tons of NIL opportunities, this could really hurt our recruiting efforts in Georgia. Currently, 5-star recruits are lining up to play for Bruce but UGA just need to get things rolling (+ add Bama and Arkansas to the mix) and we could be in big trouble. We need to figure out NIL and have a few more successful seasons and sign even more 5-star Georgia kids… before UGA awakens… currently Auburn Basketball is basically Georgia’s team (from the recruits’ perspective).

How would you rate our Basketball facilities compared to other SEC programs?

27 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I agree, should UGA hire a new coach + offer tons of NIL opportunities, this could really hurt our recruiting efforts in Georgia. Currently, 5-star recruits are lining up to play for Bruce but UGA just need to get things rolling (+ add Bama and Arkansas to the mix) and we could be in big trouble. We need to figure out NIL and have a few more successful seasons and sign even more 5-star Georgia kids… before UGA awakens… currently Auburn Basketball is basically Georgia’s team (from the recruits’ perspective).

How would you rate our Basketball facilities compared to other SEC programs?

Here's UK's basketball facilities: https://ukathletics.com/sports/2016/5/25/_131461808988945439.aspx 

They seem to have a separate basketball facility that's a catch all for everything other than playing games. We seem to just merge all those extraneous things with the game court, and just use the game court for practices. I think we have more of a space issue than anything, in that regard. 

I'd love additions that make it a bit flashier, ala the new football facility, but it seems to be functional. 

• Like 1

And really, alot of the extra things you'd like to see revolve around history. Museums displaying history, statues, grails, big screens that spotlight memorable past players, etc etc. In time, I could see Auburn adding some halls that really amp the prestige of AA. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

Need to build whatever Bruce wants....a basketball facility (shared with the women) like we're building for football....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

.a basketball facility (shared with the women)

Bruce supposedly want his own facility & let the women use the main floor more.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:29 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Alabama and LSU have been insane as of late. UK and Tenn are what they are, and Arky is doing their thing now as well, but Bama and LSU being this good always does suck especially

Truly a blessing UGA has the abundance of talent that it does and Pearl has the pipeline there that he does. We'd be in a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy not good position in the arms race, otherwise. 

IMO Pearl IS the reason all of these schools are stepping up their game.  If auburn can, then they figure they can’t get left behind.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

IMO Pearl IS the reason all of these schools are stepping up their game.  If auburn can, then they figure they can’t get left behind.

I think you can be innovative and still have another wave of innovation pass you by. I feel like Pearl would be limited by those higher than up than his own lack of effort or creativity, if we were to end up completely falling behind in the future.

Just saw UK’s Tyty Washington, pretty trendy Auburn prospect once upon a time, sign a NIL with Porsche. Theoretically, still possible here. But I personally feel that’s the result of such National brand appeal by Kentucky. Just hope we get better at politicking behind the scenes!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think you can be innovative and still have another wave of innovation pass you by. I feel like Pearl would be limited by those higher than up than his own lack of effort or creativity, if we were to end up completely falling behind in the future.

Just saw UK’s Tyty Washington, pretty trendy Auburn prospect once upon a time, sign a NIL with Porsche. Theoretically, still possible here. But I personally feel that’s the result of such National brand appeal by Kentucky. Just hope we get better at politicking behind the scenes!

I think comparing a blue blood to Auburn with NIL is never going to be equal or close to it. KY with their history, their facilities, their coach, AND now NIL is going to do better than any other school including Auburn.

Now if the UTs, the Alabamas, the GAs, etc then start to get above Auburn with NIL, then that is a problem.

Someone shared this on secrant:

“Bruce visited Jarace Walker Monday for a last pitch per Jay G Tate”

This should be a huge week with some scheduled commitment dates:

🏀 JWalker - Nov4

🏈 DClemons - sometime soon (early enrollee)

🏈 DraykBrown - Nov7

7 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Someone shared this on secrant:

“Bruce visited Jarace Walker Monday for a last pitch per Jay G Tate”

This should be a huge week with some scheduled commitment dates:

🏀 JWalker - Nov4

🏈 DClemons - sometime soon (early enrollee)

🏈 DraykBrown - Nov7

I don't like the phrase "last pitch". To me it implies that we are not the favorite at this point....

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

Bruce visited Jarace Walker Monday for a last pitch per Jay G Tate”

Coach Flanagan supposedly has the last visit before he commits after his Houston OV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I don't like the phrase "last pitch". To me it implies that we are not the favorite at this point....

@steeleagle that’s not how that sentence is to be interpreted. It’s basically pointing out that being the HC, Bruce only has one visit per recruit during the  The contact period and he just used his. Coach Flanagan can still visit him each week which he will do it again next week Per rivals and on3.

and to be honest nobody knows who’s favored, meaning no team even knows. Walker is keeping his recruitment that tight lipped.

• Like 1

No major update but Houston fans reporting, Jarace had a good time (of course), attended the Houston FB game  - they defeated SMU in a thriller (last minute kickoff return TD) with their fans storming the field) and the Basketball team got its Final 4 rings at halftime. I am sure, this was all scripted 😜

Btw, Houston Basketball recruits get to stay in very nice luxury hotels in the city.

Edited by AUreo

27 minutes ago, AUreo said:

No major update but Houston fans reporting, Jarace had a good time (of course), attended the Houston FB game  - they defeated SMU in a thriller (last minute kickoff return TD) with their fans storming the field) and the Basketball team got its Final 4 rings at halftime. I am sure, this was all scripted 😜

Btw, Houston Basketball recruits get to stay in very nice luxury hotels in the city.

Unless the kid is planning on going to medical school at Houston, there isn't one thing the school can offer better than Auburn. Houston and Rice are both in the interloop, high crime areas, completely inner city urban settings and a complete lack of a true college feel (more like a very large commuter/community college feel).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, keywest said:

Unless the kid is planning on going to medical school at Houston, there isn't one thing the school can offer better than Auburn. Houston and Rice are both in the interloop, high crime areas, completely inner city urban settings and a complete lack of a true college feel (more like a very large commuter/community college feel).

So?

Maybe he likes the city style.

We have no clue what Walker likes in his surroundings. Plenty of recruits pick different places for different reasons to go to for college, especially if he is a 1 and done type. 

He's going to go where he either feels the most comfortable, and where he fits into their style of play and can win championships. 

Don't get your hopes up. I read that he removed his Auburn OV pictures on IG a few days ago + Houston was his final OV. I think he might like Houston (still better than Bama). 

Yeah, a lot of “Auburn is in a good place” from the usual folks - but there is absolutely nothing to indicate we have any better than a 33% chance at this one. Still a chance! 

31 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Don't get your hopes up. I read that he removed his Auburn OV pictures on IG a few days ago + Houston was his final OV. I think he might like Houston (still better than Bama). 

He does not have any pics from any of his OV's up to be fair.

17 hours ago, AUreo said:

This is what honestly concerns me more than anything. That is what swung Arkansas in Nick Smith's favor. They were originally thought to be running third before his OV there the weekend of the Texas at Arky game where they demolished Texas and the crowd was their best in years. It is hard to beat something so organic like a great crowd on a visit. They stormed the field too? Kids are emotional so I am sure he is really feeling Houston righ tnow.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is what honestly concerns me more than anything. That is what swung Arkansas in Nick Smith's favor. They were originally thought to be running third before his OV there the weekend of the Texas at Arky game where they demolished Texas and the crowd was their best in years. It is hard to beat something so organic like a great crowd on a visit. They stormed the field too? Kids are emotional so I am sure he is really feeling Houston righ tnow.

Unfortunately he didn't come for the Ole Miss game - would have been a much better experience. Night game at JHS with the light show and a great win over a highly ranked opponent + Basketball scrimmage in Auburn Arena on Friday night. However, on the other hand he met Charles Barkley and Cam Newton during his OV and the weather was much better...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blakem said:

Bama just got another commit from 5 star Brandon Miller

+ they will probably land another 4-star commit later today (Clowney)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1