2022 5* PF Jarace Walker

PointGuardEyes

58 minutes ago, AUreo said:

+ they will probably land another 4-star commit later today (Clowney)

If they were to land Jarace, their class would be #2 in the nation. (I’m just the messenger.)

3 hours ago, blakem said:

Bama just got another commit from 5 star Brandon Miller

Hard not to get an Alabama legacy. He may have already had some love for them from his Dad....

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

If they were to land Jarace, their class would be #2 in the nation. (I’m just the messenger.)

Sounds like since they just got Clowney, then Walker was heading to Houston...

This is just accelerating my thought process that we're gonna have to contiously expand outward to match with the Bamas and LSUs with the way they're recruiting. A big part why I loved the Westry commit so much

Walker was supposed to be the crown jewel and if he's gone, that sux, but you got Moore who's naturally a 4, Williams who's naturally a 4 and Kessler/Dylan/I guess stretch as a 5 trio still. You could positionally afford to lose on Jarace. There's not an ideal small forward on the roster and Westry was the best option for that from what I've read. 

That being said, still would like to get Jarace! 

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is just accelerating my thought process that we're gonna have to contiously expand outward to match with the Bamas and LSUs with the way they're recruiting.

Most people are focused on FB and BB recruiting but the same thing is happening in Gymnastics right now. Alabama and LSU just landed each two 5-stars recently, add Florida which currently has an All-star team, not looking good for Auburn. The problem is, these top recruits are all connected and recruit each other. You can’t afford not signing a 5-star because you will be less likely to sign other top recruits in the future, this applies to all sports. We only landed 5-star & Sr. Team USA member Olivia Greaves (who will sign with Auburn next week) because Suni actively recruited her to Auburn. I am sure Kessler considered Auburn because we already had a blue-chip signed (Jabari).

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

I am sure Kessler considered Auburn because we already had a blue-chip signed (Jabari).

Pretty sure Kessler was sold on being able to play in Bruce's 1-4 offense and get to go to the perimeter some with the other big guys we have rotating down.

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I am sure Kessler considered Auburn because we already had a blue-chip signed (Jabari).

Pretty sure Kessler was sold on being able to play in Bruce's 4-1 offense and get to go to the perimeter some with the other big guys we have rotating down

Both statements are correct.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Both statements are correct.

I only meant to expand upon his point. Was that unclear?

12 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I only meant to expand upon his point. Was that unclear?

Wording to me sounded like a contrary point. Then again it’s not the first time you’ve made a supportive statement that sounded contrary to me. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Wording to me sounded like a contrary point. Then again it’s not the first time you’ve made a supportive statement that sounded contrary to me. Lol

It's probably me, to be honest. Looking back at it now, I can see how it would seem that way.

• Like 1

Most people are focused on FB and BB recruiting but the same thing is happening in Gymnastics right now. Alabama and LSU just landed each two 5-stars recently, add Florida which currently has an All-star team, not looking good for Auburn. The problem is, these top recruits are all connected and recruit each other. You can’t afford not signing a 5-star because you will be less likely to sign other top recruits in the future, this applies to all sports. We only landed 5-star & Sr. Team USA member Olivia Greaves (who will sign with Auburn next week) because Suni actively recruited her to Auburn. I am sure Kessler considered Auburn because we already had a blue-chip signed (Jabari).

Yep; stars recruit stars. Seems like Sharife was arguably our biggest recruiter of Jalen Green. Tre Donaldson was in Zion Cruz’s ear massively. I would think it’s helped in basketball without our GA pipeline, but hopefully we continue hitting on out of region guys, so the reputation can continue spreading! 

• Like 2

Looks like Bama is out of the picture according to their insiders barring last minute miracle (his IMG roomate J.Bradley is committed to Alabama and probably still trying to convince him…)

So, with losing out on Walker......Westry and Donaldson our only two high school recruits in 2022?  Any other needs filled through the portal or do we have another plan?

Not sure what PlanB is. We couldn't land ScootaH (reclassified), Nick Smith, JWalk, L.Johnson.. etc - this year was a strange year because there wasn’t really that many top GA players available. Next year will be different and we are well positioned with K. Carlyle and Stephon Castle. We are also in Collier’s Top7.

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

So, with losing out on Walker......Westry and Donaldson our only two high school recruits in 2022?  Any other needs filled through the portal or do we have another plan?

Portal. Just like last season. We won the portal in all of college bball last off season imo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, roe4christ said:

@roe4christI answered this for you a couple days ago. Will go to the portal to fill any other needs.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

@roe4christI answered this for you a couple days ago. Will go to the portal to fill any other needs.

Appreciate it ellitor.

• Like 1