Penn State Post Game Thread

AuburnNTexas

That 4th down play call killed me. Especially after a great call on 3rd down to get it into 4th and 2. 

I swear I decided late in the 4th that I was happy with a loss, since I liked a lot of what I saw in a hard fought game. But that play call makes me livid. 

• Like 9

A tough loss that looked like a carbon copy of many other close losses, complete with some epic fails at play calling.  I do think Penn State is a quality team, but it was very clear that they had been tested and we had not until this game.

• Like 2

Frustrating bc we were so close. But stepping back we did better than I expected. I wasnt sure we’d have a chance to win it as much as we did but i thought it would be a close game. 

Offensively- weve got to find some play makers. I actually thought the formation with tank and hunter was our best chance. 

Defensively- weve got to play man early then use zone in situations or if we’re just getting torched somewhere. I get why we started in zone but im not sure why it took so long to switch

To me, the three biggest moments of this game were:

1. The first play of the second half

2. Our first timeout of the second half

3. The fade call

Any of those not happening and this game could have, and probably should have, gone our way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our boys fought hard in an absolutely insane environment against #10 in a prime time game. We lost by 8 points with a chance to score on the last play. I’m proud of them and you should be too if you call yourself an Auburn fan. Everyone always said, “we don’t have to have a Nick Saban as long as our team is prepared and doesn’t fold on the road”. Well here we are! Bo didn’t play the best game ever, but he took care of the football and stayed calm. The defense didn’t allow anything crazy to happen. It’s just a tough fought loss. Good days are ahead for Coach Harsin and this team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great defensive effort...played well enough to win.  Created opportunities and amazing 4th down stops.  

Offense?  They have an average QB who played well above avg (completed 88% of his throws); we have a below avg QB who played to his ability and delivered his usual 56% comp %.  Plus, play calling in key situation was certainly questionable.   Run more; make s***ty low %age throws less and we might have won.  

Disappointed in a loss. There were mistakes in several aspects. But if anyone doesn’t see the difference in this team vs the past few years your either blind, not paying attention or simply a Gus loyalist.

• Like 2

It always sucks to lose but honestly I enjoyed the effort and grit. I really felt we had a chance all the game. And that’s something I won’t take for granted after experiencing Gus’s years. There’s a lot to work and improve on but going to a whiteout game against #10 team in nation with a first year coach plus installing his own brand around here? 

I’m sleeping good tonight.

• Like 4

Those Refs were horrible, calls on both teams were just horrendous, also Bobo what the hell were some of those calls tonight? Looked like Gus was still the coach a few times. I feel so bad for Hudson he is gonna get it either tomorrow or Monday whenever the next practice is about holding on to the damn ball. Proud of Bo for staying in the pocket he did have some bad throws but overall I think he is doing better,  disappointed in our WR couldn't catch a cold tonight, overall I think this team is gonna be in every game with a chance to win it. 

• Like 2

Guys, step back.

What probably cost us was a trick play (I get it) where a young player saw a lot of green and got excited and dropped the ball, untouched.

If we'd run our second drive for the first drive, we may well have been looking at a game-winning  FG opportunity at the final whistle.

Not what we wanted.

But not as embarrassing tomorrow morning as you might think it is right now.

• Like 5

4th down play call the WR wasn’t deep enough in the route, still would have ran something outside. Refs were trash and the targeting and the PI late hurt. Turnover to start the 2nd 1/2 was the turning point. End of the day that environment was crazy and the team never let the game get away from them.

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Disappointed in a loss. There were mistakes in several aspects. But if anyone doesn’t see the difference in this team vs the past few years your either blind, not paying attention or simply a Gus loyalist. Last year that game would’ve been a blowout