"WR and TEs aren't creating separation" (or are they?)

W.E.D

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It really doesn't matter about where Bo threw the ball, the fact is the WR never could get there anyway. 

It does look like Hudson realized the DB was NOT going to let him get to the corner, which is allowable, so Hudson tried to twist around and IMO basically lost his balance and fell down. Whether he decided to fake a push who knows.

And if you look just when Bo gets the snap, the TE was not going to be open based on his route. Tank would have been open just bc he was behind the LOS. He would have caught a side pass from Bo, if he decided to go that way, but Tank was going to have to break a tackler or even 2 to get those final yards.

I would like to know if Harsin thought the players(Hudson and JAckson) executed that play correctly. If so, it was just a poor choice by Bo to hope Hudson could get to the corner to catch a contested ball.

I would have hoped his 2 best options are his 2 best known offensive players...Sheneker at TE, and Tank. If you lose that battle so be it. 

whatever Hudson was doing on that "route" he needs to stop doing it.  started. half turned around to look(?). then took off again. then fell.  I don't even think it was a rub route. there's really no way for that to work given the alignment. 

That throw to Robinson on the opening drive is as simple as it gets.  Distance and direction were way off.   High school QB’s that have no chance at playing college football make these throws effortlessly.   One of my main issues with our QB is that he has been asked to work on staying in the pocket more and working on his downfield touch/accuracy.   Our previous OC’s tried and were equally frustrated with the lack of getting better at it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

That throw to Robinson on the opening drive is as simple as it gets.  Distance and direction were way off.   High school QB’s that have no chance at playing college football make these throws effortlessly.   One of my main issues with our QB is that he has been asked to work on staying in the pocket more and working on his downfield touch/accuracy.   Our previous OC’s tried and were equally frustrated with the lack of getting better at it.  

interesting quote I heard a day ago from Jay Gruden regarding accuracy. To sum it up, It's his feeling that either a QB has 'it' early on or really never gets that much better.  I guess there are exceptions, but do ever hear about a 12 year veteran NFL QB still playing that was inaccurate when he broke into the league?  they either never make it or wash out soon afterwards. 

31 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

whatever Hudson was doing on that "route" he needs to stop doing it.  started. half turned around to look(?). then took off again. then fell.  I don't even think it was a rub route. there's really no way for that to work given the alignment. 

If you watch the play slow mo. Hudson is inside, does 1 fake to his left, then cuts to his right. Based on the way Bo threw it, he was expecting for Hudson to get to the corner, as the ball sails just to the right of the corner. Hudson, simply gets cut off by a good DB and since Hudson is not a big strong WR, he basically has to stop. Now why he is turning around, I don't know, bc according to Harsin, they practice that a lot, and Hudson knows where the ball is suppose to be AND where needs to be to have a chance. 

IT really doesn't seem like a rub route does it? The inside guy(Hudson) simply waits for the outside guy(Jackson) to cut in front bringing 1 of the defenders, and then he cuts to the right along the goal line and Bo shoots the ball to him.

Not sure how a corner lob, was to work, as that is defintely a low percentage throw. The one I mentioned before makes it easier on Bo to hit Hudson cutting to his right.

This is what he tried to run on that 4th down play, but the problem is Hudson is on the short side, meaning less room to operate. In this video, the inside guy has time to come to the db the cut to the left, and the ball is in the air to him for a TD.

I'm not sure why we ran this rub or they call it a slice/corner route to the short side. Especially when it didnt' require the DB to have to hardly move, to stay with Hudson. That's if this was the type of call.

This looks like it as the outside guy cuts inside to take 1 db and bring the inside Safety too, then the inside WR(Hudson then cuts to the corner....

https://compusportsmedia.com/quick-game-slice-corner-on-the-goal-line/

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol the title has me so confused😂

I'm not sure why it was changed in the first place. It was intended to be quotes where the posts inside were contrary to the quotes ppl were saying as an excuse for Bo. "WRs can't get separation" has been a theme here and in the web as an excuse for Bo.

I think editing my title has made everyone confused, still don't know what that was done. I was showing props to our WR/TE in a few instances. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

If you watch the play slow mo. Hudson is inside, does 1 fake to his left, then cuts to his right. Based on the way Bo threw it, he was expecting for Hudson to get to the corner, as the ball sails just to the right of the corner. Hudson, simply gets cut off by a good DB and since Hudson is not a big strong WR, he basically has to stop. Now why he is turning around, I don't know, bc according to Harsin, they practice that a lot, and Hudson knows where the ball is suppose to be AND where needs to be to have a chance. 

IT really doesn't seem like a rub route does it? The inside guy(Hudson) simply waits for the outside guy(Jackson) to cut in front bringing 1 of the defenders, and then he cuts to the right along the goal line and Bo shoots the ball to him.

Not sure how a corner lob, was to work, as that is defintely a low percentage throw. The one I mentioned before makes it easier on Bo to hit Hudson cutting to his right.

My .02- Hudson blew the route. He realized it was thrown his way and tried to get a PI at the end but he was not ready for the ball. 

• Like 1

just a thought...

wonder if we could use worms speed when he gets back as a Slot receiver/ HB ,

line him up in the slot use him in motion, pass or hand off to him,  can just stay in the game in 2 back sets and get him involved in the game more .... maybe still at HB in relief of Tank ... AND even keep using Hunter too... might as well?

worm CAN catch ... get open/ FAST... AND is electric with the ball in his hand in space and fast... between him and Sheneker who is basically our possession receiver at TE... use robinson and any of the others as the other receiver. 

maybe i'm off but just a thought to get the best skill players on the field?

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If we would’ve held PSU to a FG on one of their red zone trips, specifically the one where the RB walked in for a easy TD on 3rd and goal, and Bo completes one of those bombs for a TD, I feel like we would’ve won the game

One thing that was somewhat encouraging, from my limited viewpoint, is that for a good part of the game our O-Line

seemed to have done a good job of providing a pocket to pass from anyway. To me, that is something that can be built-on

going forward.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, W.E.D said:

Don't know if Bo has done enough to lose his job and I thought if we were doing really bad he might get benched 2nd half of the PSU game, but he made it through and was pretty much average.  I don't know if TJ is the answer this year, he's still young. Tr Fr/Tr Soph I can give Bo a pass, but still be annoyed with him.  He needs to start taking steps forward.  It's time.  I had hoped he would improve this offseason.  He looks better in the pocket, but it's marginal at best.

This is where I'm at. Like Bo doesn't seem like someone who will be leading you to real success if he's not a stellar 0-20 yard passer and he's not even an average deep ball passer (against real teams). You'd have to be a transcendent running QB to make up for that. 

He doesn't deserve to lose his spot off one game but you have to at least wonder if the risk/reward for another style of QB is there with this scheme putting an emphasis on the 20+ yard plays. Idk the answer, but the scheme looked more like a Finley or that Griner kid than a Nix one on Saturday

• Like 2

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

That's what I wanted a reporter yesterday to ask..."was the play on 4th 2, executed correctly by our players? If that is the case, then the problem is that Bo with all his options, picked the low percentage option, which had no chance. 

On the TE and Tank..To me on a slow mo-ing the replay, the TE is NOT open as he gets sandwiched at the Goal line by 2 defenders. Now tank would have been open ofc, but you have to freeze the play just before Bo turns his head to throw it to Hudson to see where Tank is and the Penn St defenders. They overloaded that side, and yes Bo could have gotten it to Tank, but Tank was going to have to break a tackle to get to the EZ. If continue on to see the TE and Tank open as he goes towards the middle, well, by that time everyone could see Bo was throwing it to his right, and everyone tended to move that way by then...

Harsin seems pretty hardlined against giving significant opinions of results of things in interviews, seems to have been his MO since prior stops. The revealing that there were multiple options on the play is probably as giving and benevolent as I feel he'll be, and that might've been because the CFB world literally hounded him/the staff over the call. Might've just done that to get them off his back 

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

My .02- Hudson blew the route. He realized it was thrown his way and tried to get a PI at the end but he was not ready for the ball. 

The QB still has to throw the ball in play

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure why it was changed in the first place. It was intended to be quotes where the posts inside were contrary to the quotes ppl were saying as an excuse for Bo. "WRs can't get separation" has been a theme here and in the web as an excuse for Bo.

I think editing my title has made everyone confused, still don't know what that was done. I was showing props to our WR/TE in a few instances. 

Yeah I saw that, when I saw the edit I knew this was coming. 

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The QB still has to throw the ball in play

Wrong again. 😂

This has already been discussed quite well in this thread. The ball doesn't have to land inbounds to be catchable.

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Wrong again. 😂

This has already been discussed quite well in this thread. The ball doesn't have to land inbounds to be catchable.

😂 bro please shut the hell up and go play. Did I say a ball have to land in bounds to be catchable? I said he needs to throw it "in play" where the wr can make a play on the ball. 

Wrong again lol, you haven't proven anything wrong for the first time. Stop following me wanting to argue, you don't know enough. Go practice with someone else

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

😂 bro please shut the hell up and go play. Did I say a ball have to land in bounds to be catchable? I said he needs to throw it "in play" where the wr can make a play on the ball. 

Wrong again lol, you haven't proven anything wrong for the first time. Stop following me wanting to argue, you don't know enough. Go practice with someone else

That's exactly what you were trying to insinuate. The throw was fine. You simply cannot fathom that with your smooth brain.

I don't have to argue with you to simply point out your biased BS. Practice, lol. 😉

Edited by ValleyTiger

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

That's exactly what you were trying to insinuate. The throw was fine. You simply cannot fathom that with your smooth brain.

I don't have to argue with you to simply point out your biased BS. Practice, lol. 😉

Lol you big dummy. You keep trying to prove me wrong about something and you just make yourself look more and more like a clown. Who doesn't know that about a throw? Me and Dag are the people that started the convo about Seth Williams and his catch radius 😂 The fact that you think that's something that everybody doesn't know is hilarious. 

The throw wasn't fine, it wasn't near anybody that had on an Auburn uniform. You haven't pointed out anything. Not a bias, nothing wrong, nothing. And you keep patting yourself on the back. Nobody agrees with you, people are just laughing at you.  You are acting like a child. You are trying to be WED but you're the Wal-Mart brand. You want to be him but you don't have the intelligence. 😂🤡

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol you big dummy. You keep trying to prove me wrong about something and you just make yourself look more and more like a clown. Who doesn't know that about a throw? Me and Dag are the people that started the convo about Seth Williams and his catch radius 😂 The fact that you think that's something that everybody doesn't know is hilarious. 

The throw wasn't fine, it wasn't near anybody that had on an Auburn uniform. You haven't pointed out anything. Not a bias, nothing wrong, nothing. And you keep patting yourself on the back. Nobody agrees with you, people are just laughing at you.  You are acting like a child. You are trying to be WED but you're the Wal-Mart brand. You want to be him but you don't have the intelligence. 😂🤡

More of your half-wit commentary.

The machination of a fade pass requires it to be thrown to a spot, whether anybody that had on an Auburn uniform makes it to that spot or not is irrelevant to whether the throw was well placed. 

You don't actually understand football like you would like to portray. 

I'm not trying to be anybody you moron. I was here long before you or anyone you just name dropped. Long before there was likes or other reactions that you need to boost your pathetic e-persona. 

BTW, I have had people reach out to me about our back and forth, and yes they are laughing. It's just at you buddy boy. 😉

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

More of your half-wit commentary.

The machination of a fade pass requires it to be thrown to a spot, whether anybody that had on an Auburn uniform makes it to that spot or not is irrelevant to whether the throw was well placed. 

You don't actually understand football like you would like to portray. 

I'm not trying to be anybody you moron. I was here long before you or anyone you just name dropped. Long before there was likes or other reactions that you need to boost your pathetic e-persona. 

BTW, I have had people reach out to me about our back and forth, and yes they are laughing. It's just at you buddy boy. 😉

Lmao the ol I had people reach out. And you are an idiot if you think it's ok to throw to a spot where nobody can make a play on the ball. Oh I understand the game all too well, that's why you are trying to find something I say wrong. Now you on the other hand? You haven't said anything that makes sense yet

I'll go back to ignoring you again and you keep chasing me trying to prove me wrong and not doing a thing. I didn't say it but I insinuated it huh 😂

I look forward to your emotional breakdowns and personalities. I guess you'll try to be my friend again in a couple of days 🤡

Edited by cole256

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lmao the ol I had people reach out. And you are an idiot if you think it's ok to throw to a spot where nobody can make a play on the ball 

I'll go back to ignoring you again and you keep chasing me trying to prove me wrong and not doing a thing. I didn't say it but I insinuated it huh 😂

I look forward to your emotional breakdowns and personalities. I guess you'll try to be my friend again in a couple of days 🤡

See, you don't understand football or words.

When should a fade pass be released and who is at fault if the receiver doesn't get to his spot? 

Again, if you really thought I was "trying" to be another of your circle jerk e-friends, you really are stupider than I thought. 

Yeah put me on ignore. 🐱

Edited by ValleyTiger

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

See, you don't understand football or words.

When should a fade pass be released and who is at fault if the receiver doesn't get to his spot? 

Again, if you really thought I was "trying" to be another of your circle jerk e-friends, you really are stupider than I thought. 

Yeah put me on ignore. P*ssy

No I said I will ignore you like I have been doing but I know you get confused easy....I mean you had a through discussion on how a pass doesn't have to land in bounds to be catchable and all.....😂 doing everything you can to make it Bo throws well.

Anyway ✌🏿 clown. You sure are an internet gladiator😂

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I said I will ignore you like I have been doing but I know you get confused easy....I mean you had a through discussion on how a pass doesn't have to land in bounds to be catchable and all.....😂 doing everything you can to make it Bo throws well.

Anyway ✌🏿 clown. You sure are an internet gladiator😂

I get confused, pfft....and I did have a thorough discussion here and elsewhere but you're incapable, especially when it comes to talking about quarterbacks. Your actual agenda runs too deep.

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I get confused, pfft....and I did have a thorough discussion here and elsewhere but you're incapable, especially when it comes to talking about quarterbacks. Your actual agenda runs too deep.

Really? Show it!  You can't? Who would've guessed. You're the one with the agenda and you can't back anything that you say up. All this talking and following you do and all your ahaaa moments and you haven't shown anything I've said to be wrong yet lol. All you got is like what you did earlier, say I said something that I didn't and then you try to tell me what it was that I meant 🤡

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Really? Show it! You can't? Who would've guessed. All you got is like what you did earlier, say I said something that I didn't and then you try to tell me what it was that I meant 🤡

That's rich coming from you, the person that loves to make generalized statements pretending to know what the majority of the forum's members know or feel. 

Your BS takes are plastered all over this website just like your silly ass claim to being objective. I'm not going to take the time to rehash them, but I may continue to call you out on them, as I see fit.