"WR and TEs aren't creating separation" (or are they?)

W.E.D

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I saw those, but from that angle you can't really make an argument either way imo. I know you're just helping so don't take that as me crapping on you or anything. I was just wondering were there some different angles maybe.

There are probably other angles from the game view.  I just haven't try to pull them.  It's free to view on ESPN, which is where I got the SkyCam views.

I'm ok with being crapped on, just no Bo.  😡

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There are probably other angles from the game view.  I just haven't try to pull them.  It's free to view on ESPN, which is where I got the SkyCam views.

I'm ok with being crapped on, just no Bo.  😡

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I saw those, but from that angle you can't really make an argument either way imo. I know you're just helping so don't take that as me crapping on you or anything. I was just wondering were there some different angles maybe.

I've looked and there isn't a great angle, it's a guess. Judging on live shots of trajectory and landing spot I'm inferring it was catchable but I won't die on that hill if given other angles.

I also can't get into Kobe's head, so I'm making an assumption from body language and physical reactions. Like Cole said the corner did his job of messing up the timing but I put that blame at WRs feet as his job (my opinion) is to get open and get to a spot.

Could QB have modified the throw and/or decided to go elsewhere? Of course. I think it was the right read given the defense pre snap, we just ran into a CB who played it perfectly.

Unfortunately for us is was the last play of the game and is getting scrutinized as such.

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I've looked and there isn't a great angle, it's a guess. Judging on live shots of trajectory and landing spot I'm inferring it was catchable but I won't die on that hill if given other angles.

I also can't get into Kobe's head, so I'm making an assumption from body language and physical reactions. Like Cole said the corner did his job of messing up the timing but I put that blame at WRs feet as his job (my opinion) is to get open and get to a spot.

Could QB have modified the throw and/or decided to go elsewhere? Of course. I think it was the right read given the defense pre snap, we just ran into a CB who played it perfectly.

Unfortunately for us is was the last play of the game and is getting scrutinized as such.

I feel you and your points may be valid as well. I also feel like if he did everything right CBH would've said so but it seems the way he spoke on it he may not have felt that way. I believe that's what @DAG was thinking as well and it makes sense. But I guess we probably will never know. 

I just know we have to get more accurate and the wr have to catch the ball better as well. I think we all can agree on that. Well I guess not all of us but you know what I'm saying😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I feel you and your points may be valid as well. I also feel like if he did everything right CBH would've said so but it seems the way he spoke on it he may not have felt that way. I believe that's what @DAG was thinking as well and it makes sense. But I guess we probably will never know. 

I just know we have to get more accurate and the wr have to catch the ball better as well. I think we all can agree on that. Well I guess not all of us but you know what I'm saying😂

Yep it is so much to dissect. I just think at the end of the day, I don't trust either of those two currently to make a game defining play. I just feel in that situation the ball has to be in Tank's hand. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's been said and agreed upon a million times, by everyone, but you continue to do you boo boo.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

While it looks like Bo took the wrong guy in these stills, the post is the better pass because Kobe had cleared out the backside safety and the MoF was wide open with the receiver running away from the defender. If Nix throws it to the back judge, it should be a walk-in TD. The corner has to be a much more accurate pass due to it being on the short side, the limited space in the EZ, and needing to get it over the safety. 

Your explanation makes sense but whether the intended route was the post (85 AU) or go route (0 AU) the ball was not thrown close to either one. The safety is obviously reading the ball and has split the post and the go route trying to make a play on the ball. This play early in the game troubled me greatly at the time because I knew we needed a big play early and this was a great chance to get it. The point of all this is, I just don't think our QB is that inaccurate and something else must be wrong. He may not be Joe Montana but he is not as bad as this throw would indicate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I knew that missing that big play early was going to bite us. We're not a team that can afford missing plays like that

Not yet, but we will be in a couple years

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not yet, but we will be in a couple years

Absolutely. But right now early in games, (early and late best times for a successful big play) we can't let them slip by us. 

You know I get the evil Bo hater from quite a few people but any doubts I had/have is literally the problems we've had so far. Going more pro concepts, I worry about the timing of everything.

Literally said it a long long time ago. But not just deep ball middle of the field, zip ball in window, throw a guy open stuff. I saw we didn't have any throws in the middle of the field last game and all games the middle of the field throws are low and the ones that we have were more deep stuff. 

We'll see how it goes though!