Open Club  ·  24 members

AU Foodies

Welcome!

McLoofus

Hopefully everyone has the option to start a new topic. (I'm not really savvy at running a club.) So if you don't see a topic, start one. Anything food related. Recipes, restaurant recs, travel memories, humble brags, favorite football watching food, whatever. 

I'm good with some booze chat, but maybe let's keep it more along the lines of wine pairings and such. I can imagine there might be some folks who join who are no longer in the drinking business or just don't care for alcohol to distract too much from the food talk. And there is a dedicated club for booze.

I know I probably don't have to say it but let's keep anything that's not fun, positive, productive, helpful, or inquisitive about food things out of here. Plenty of places to talk about that stuff. These days, "I love this restaurant" can get to "This restaurant is understaffed" to "Why is this restaurant understaffed" to "<political opinion>" pretty quickly. I personally can save my own bull**** for the other forums. 

Blah blah blah. Y'all are here so you already get it. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully everyone has the option to start a new topic. (I'm not really savvy at running a club.) So if you don't see a topic, start one. Anything food related. Recipes, restaurant recs, travel memories, humble brags, favorite football watching food, whatever. 

I'm good with some booze chat, but maybe let's keep it more along the lines of wine pairings and such. I can imagine there might be some folks who join who are no longer in the drinking business or just don't care for alcohol to distract too much from the food talk. And there is a dedicated club for booze.

I know I probably don't have to say it but let's keep anything that's not fun, positive, productive, helpful, or inquisitive about food things out of here. Plenty of places to talk about that stuff. These days, "I love this restaurant" can get to "This restaurant is understaffed" to "Why is this restaurant understaffed" to "<political opinion>" pretty quickly. I personally can save my own bull**** for the other forums. 

Blah blah blah. Y'all are here so you already get it. 

Thanks for setting this up! And in the exactly correct spirit. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for establishing this club.  On occasion, threads in other forums have devolved into food discussions (Powell Gordon, anyone) and I wished more on the subject. Thanks to Tiger Refuge for sending me the invite.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, akillshot said:

Thanks for establishing this club.  On occasion, threads in other forums have devolved into food discussions (Powell Gordon, anyone) and I wished more on the subject. Thanks to Tiger Refuge for sending me the invite.

I agree, it was so annoying when people kept talking about linebackers in our burger thread. But I'll be the bigger person and let them have that space. #family

• Haha 2