Go to the Damn Games

Zeek

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dirty secret: Season tickets are a ripoff.  You can almost always find cheaper or free tickets on gameday outside the stadium.

Worst case is face value for a big game.

That's not necessarily true, especially if you want good seats.  Malzahn era you are probably right where you would break even on the costs but before that you could make money on it.  Also, it is nice to know where you are sitting every game without having to run around trying to find a decent seat where your whole family can sit together.

Edited by abw0004

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I had 22 tickets to the Alabama State game in the lower bowl and couldn’t give away 8 of them as I circled the stadium before going in. I think we need better opponents to sell the place out. 

Post them in the donor forum !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

100%.  I wouldn't go to a game.  My favorite band is playing Sunday night and even w/ proof of vaccine or negative PCR test I'm not standing in that environment shoulder to shoulder.  Don't want to derail the whole thread in covid discussion though.

Yup.  These games are good to take your young kid to.  Unless I was local, I wouldn't make any trip for a non-contest blowout

Looks like positives in Alabama are steadily dropping and even Hospital numbers are finally starting to drop. Very good signs IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I went to the Fla st/Notre Dame game and my mom was not happy

We went to the Penn State game and I won’t lie - COVID exposure crossed my mind a time or two…

Edited by AidiAU
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

We went to the Penn State game and I won’t lie - COVID exposure crossed my mind a time or two…

I got my tickets off of stub hub and they made it sound like it was going to be a super strict environment as far as masks and stuff but when we got there that wasn't close to being the case. 

It was loud and congested, I was a little worried about it myself.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Same here. Got around 4 hours to get there (not bad but not easily done every other week).

Still pretty disappointing the fan-base did not sell out the first game back.

i'm sure most of tickets were "sold" to the fan base.  stubhub is resale, 99% of the time.  and i do understand your point of No tickets should be available, but it has always been this way for these type of games.

Edited by TigerPAC

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Gotcha. Once we get rolling I don't think it'll be too hard but yeah we should. I went to the fla st/Notre Dame game and it was rocking. Of course Notre Dame was a top ten team but it was a sight

I live in Tallahassee and have been going to FSU home games over 30 years, and FSU sells out 3 games at most each season. Only an 80k capacity stadium but I've gone to 3/4 full games they claim as sellouts. 

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I had 22 tickets to the Alabama State game in the lower bowl and couldn’t give away 8 of them as I circled the stadium before going in. I think we need better opponents to sell the place out. 

I agree as long as the rest of the SEC does the same thing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is a growing problem for almost all football programs.

Look here https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282810

Ohio State, a top 10 team competing for championships every year had a home game against Tulsa and only had an announced attendance of 75% or 76,000 of the 102,000 seats. 

75-80% of the stadium filled seems to be pretty common among a lot of top teams playing weak OOC at home. 

Wasn’t the upper end zone at penn state empty this last weekend?  Was watching on a crappy tv and couldn’t tell for sure.

I'll be honest.

When Auburn is playing these types of OOC games, I usually don't even watch the game on tv. 

I'll keep an eye on the score on my phone (just to make sure we're not having a close game) and I'll check stats afterwards, but I don't really find much enjoyment in watching us blow out over matched competition. I'm thankful we're good enough of a program that I don't have to worry about us losing these games, but that doesn't mean i want to watch it for 3 hours lol 

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Wasn’t the upper end zone at penn state empty this last weekend?  Was watching on a crappy tv and couldn’t tell for sure.

Not that I recall. Officially, the game over capacity by a couple thousand. I think the top endzone section isn't lighted up well and appears really dark on tv. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

The end zone with seats filled up towards game time but still saw some empty ones so not sure how they announced over 109k

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I live in Tallahassee and have been going to FSU home games over 30 years, and FSU sells out 3 games at most each season. Only an 80k capacity stadium but I've gone to 3/4 full games they claim as sellouts. 

Idk about all of that I can only speak for this one and it was packed

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

We have to start selling out every game regardless of the opponent. That's part of taking the next step from good to great. If you live in or near Auburn please go to the damn games especially when they're this cheap.

638862218_Screenshot2021-09-2211_43_41AM.png.762adba0d8a0ea4c21d02d0096fc1ec0.png

We're talking about $15 for good seats in the lower bowl. Come on now.

If we want to sell out every game we have to reduce capacity. 87k people aren’t coming to watch us play GA State. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'll be honest.

When Auburn is playing these types of OOC games, I usually don't even watch the game on tv. 

I’m “guilty” of that as well. I mean if I can’t find anything better to do I’ll probably have it on in the background. I’ll wash my car or cut grass or play my bass.. etc 

“Are you not entertained?”…no

Edited by aubearcat

1 hour ago, rophle said:

If we want to sell out every game we have to reduce capacity.

Feasible to rip out the benches and install actually comfortable backed seats with more room and reduce to say 75K?

• Love 1

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That's not necessarily true, especially if you want good seats.  Malzahn era you are probably right where you would break even on the costs but before that you could make money on it.  Also, it is nice to know where you are sitting every game without having to run around trying to find a decent seat where your whole family can sit together.

Man, my folks sit lower level, usually between the 20s, every damn week.  And I can't tell you how many times someone just hands them a ticket.

I made the mistake of buying a $250 ticket to the 2013 Iron Bowl ahead of time.  I sat in the upper deck.  My folks went without tickets.  Chris Davis ended up running right at them as they were 40 rows up in the North end zone.  Their cost?  Free.

Lesson learned from me.  Will never buy AU home game tickets ahead of time again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Feasible to rip out the benches and install actually comfortable backed seats with more room and reduce to say 75K?

Kentucky did it recently.  I say do it for everywhere but the student section.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Is that the price for ALL games, or is this only for the Akrons and ASU's?

No.  $15 is for the crap games like Georgia State.

But, you can probably get into Mississippi State later this year for $30 easily.

Thing is we’ve already got one of, if not the toughest schedule in the country year in year out. It’s easy to say schedule better opponents but it’s not very practical. We need those cupcakes for a reason, if it means we don’t sell out every game then so be it. Like others have said, it’s not just us it’s sports in general really. Times and technology have changed, is what it is. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That’d be a good start, or at the very least make the seats on the benches big enough for adults.