WTH? BLM activist Charles Wade has been charged with child trafficking and prostitution.

DKW 86

BLM activist Charles Wade has been charged with child trafficking and prostitution.

So, A guy that protested slavery and forced prostitution has been arrested for sexual slavery and forced prostitution?
BLM activist Charles Wade was arrested in Prince George’s County and charged with prostitution and human trafficking.

A prominent BLM activist, Charles Wade, was arrested for allegedly hiring a 17-year-old girl for sex in College Park, Maryland. Wade was arrested on suspicion of setting up a meeting on April 25 at a Howard Johnson Inn in College Park, where the teenager agreed to have sex with an undercover detective during a sting operation. The police report, reported by the Washington Post, alleges that Wade was “watching” the undercover officer as he entered the hotel room in which the prostitution was scheduled to take place.

Wade was arrested at a Howard Johnson Inn in College Park and charged with seven sections, including human trafficking and prostitution by the Maryland district court. These charges would carry sentences of up to 25 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. Wade denied all the reports regarding the charges against him.

Wade told The Washington Post that his work has always been humanitarian in nature. His arrest was part of an extensive effort to link him to, and discredit Black Lives Matter, a movement he claims he has been associated with but never involved with politically.

• Facepalm 1

Going back to the Obama era, huh? 

By the way, he only ever plead guilty to reckless endangerment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, AUDub said:

Going back to the Obama era, huh? 

By the way, he only ever plead guilty to reckless endangerment. 

The word is CHARGED, as in arrested for and charges brought. The accusations have not be adjudicated as yet.

40 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The word is CHARGED, as in arrested for and charges brought. The accusations have not be adjudicated as yet.

Yes they have, years ago.

https://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryByCaseNum.jis

Circuit case no. CT161207A in Prince George's County.

Guilty on reckless endangerment, all other charges out the window.

Edited by AUDub

You are talking about the 2016 Arrest? He was arrested again on April 25th of this year

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/7c46aae1

BLM activist Charles Wade has been charged with child trafficking and prostitution.

Aswathi United States Sep 24, 2020 1:50:00 PM
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You are talking about the 2016 Arrest? He was arrested again on April 25th of this year

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/7c46aae1

Aswathi United States Sep 24, 2020 1:50:00 PM

No he wasn't. 

What you just linked isn't a news site. It is a fact check aggregator that's about 5 years behind the times. The references the site uses to verify are linked therein. Those references are dated May 2016. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No he wasn't. 

What you just linked isn't a news site. It is a fact check aggregator that's about 5 years behind the times. The references the site uses to verify are linked therein. Those references are dated May 2016. 

Expect to be called a liar.  That's his last resort.

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Bah David and I get along OK. Pretty sure he'll accept the correction. 

Mind you, we probably agree on more here than is obvious. I'm fairly certain Charles Wade is an opportunistic grifter and a criminal to boot

I think that of a lot of the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the BLM movement, in fact. 

Edited by AUDub

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Bah David and I get along OK. Pretty sure he'll accept the correction. 

Mind you, we probably agree on more here than is obvious. I'm fairly certain Charles Wade is an opportunistic grifter and a criminal to boot

I think that of a lot of the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the BLM movement, in fact. 

Oh I agree with him on most things as well.

But I cannot abide anyone who won't take back an accusation of "liar", even after he admitted he might have "inferred" the lie instead of actually reading it in a post I made.

I find people who aren't willing to admit to that sort of mistake a little scary.

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I dont think I have ever called anyone on the forum a liar but those that TRULY DESERVE IT, and that would be exactly one person.

And I stand corrected. It was in fact a fact check, not a full article, and it drives me nuts that it didnt mention the TOTAL facts in the story.

• Facepalm 1