* Official Auburn vs. Georgia State Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think this evening would be an appropriate time for the President to fire Allen Greene. I think we can all say that the Sports department  at Auburn is in serious decline. Today would be a good time to turn the corner and I think that begins with Allen Greene being gone. 

Offer Scott Etheridge whatever he wants.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

But who is going to throw the ball? 

I don't know....I think he can hit one or two of them...I don't know man I just really really don't want to lose to Georgia st

• Like 1

I would like to go on record and say that my 6 - 6 record prediction for the year was wildly optimistic.  

Also, I was looking for toughness and improvement...we have not gotten better week over week.  We act like the loss to Penn State completely demoralized us.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnalum1974 said:

Yup 1 for 5 yds

Seriously someone actually wants to blame the refs 🤣😂🤣. Folks this football team including coaches just suck today. It’s not anyone else’s fault

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

“Looking for Kevin Steele. Kevin Steele. If there is a Kevin Steele  in the stadium, please report to the home locker room”. “Please, please report to the home team locker room”. “Again, if there is a Mr. Kevin Steele. That’s S T E E L E.  Please for the love of God report to the locker room, stat” 

its going to be very awkward for all the people who signed the No kevin Steele  as HC  petition 

This is worst than the whirly game. At least Clemson was ranked. It just look like both sides of the ball are pointing fingers and look disinterested. My have to try DD. Not sure if Finley is the spark needed

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

But who is going to throw the ball? 

Canion should be in the game way more. The one pass that went his way he was wide open and Bo just over threw him.

Good lord people I get it it sucks right now especially since we look like we didn't prepare for this game at all, but damn some of y'all need to chill jumping off the cliff wanting to fire Harsin and s*** damn relax, y'all acting like we were supposed to go undefeated this year lmao. Y'all do realize these are still the same players from last year right? Like the ones who only won 6 games we didn't magically get new players and it takes longer then 10 Months  to change a culture that was here for 8 years right? Holy s*** just relax a little bit. Even if we lose yeah it would suck but damn even Saban and some other coach's lost games they shouldn't have. 

• Like 1

If we're going to have a bad year, let's go youth movement and let the young guys develop. Tired of watching veteran QB, veteran receivers, veteran o-line, etc keep getting manhandled. Let the young guys make those mistakes and grow

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Actions speak louder than words man. This staff put a team on the field today that looks like they haven’t been prepared and the coaches look like clowns right now.  

Yep. I thought they looked unprepared last week too. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Some folks won’t like it of course, but I’m glad the crowd is venting their frustration. Harsin needs to hear that and those players who are out there loafing and falling all over the place need to hear it. There are ramifications for playing like this and for not being prepared to play like Auburn is expected to. 

It is absolutely warranted in this case. Totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Seriously someone actually wants to blame the refs 🤣😂🤣. Folks this football team including coaches just suck today. It’s not anyone else’s fault

Not the officials Auburn totally owns this performance!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know....I think he can hit one or two of them...I don't know man I just really really don't want to lose to Georgia st

Agreed.  I was hoping to get some use from the backups this game too but we are going to be busy catching up unless we have another 35 point third quarter. 

Edited by AUBwins

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think this evening would be an appropriate time for the President to fire Allen Greene. I think we can all say that the Sports department  at Auburn is in serious decline. Today would be a good time to turn the corner and I think that begins with Allen Greene being gone. 

I lot premature aren't we? 1 bad half of the 3rd game does not call got a firing of the AD or the coaching staff. 

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Looks like they game planned for LSU all week and didn’t prepare at all for GS.

Yeah. LSU game plan didn't call for any passing or pass defense. So now they're confused at having to do those things. :poke:

:) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

This is worst than the whirly game. At least Clemson was ranked. It just look like both sides of the ball are pointing fingers and look disinterested. My have to try DD. Not sure if Finley is the spark needed

Um yeah, we took the eventual national champion to the wire.

5 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Not yet. Keep in mind though that it takes a couple years get a program up to speed. Even Saban lost to ULM his first year. 

I don't think Harsin/etc is the issue here. Its the culture leftover by Gus & his capitulating to "family ball"

We have a hand full of SEC caliber football players and its easy to tell who they are and who they aren't 

This game isn't Gus’ fault

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Good lord people I get it it sucks right now especially since we look like we didn't prepare for this game at all, but damn some of y'all need to chill jumping off the cliff wanting to fire Harsin and s*** damn relax, y'all acting like we were supposed to go undefeated this year lmao. Y'all do realize these are still the same players from last year right? Like the ones who only won 6 games we didn't magically get new players and it takes longer then 10 Months  to change a culture that was here for 8 years right? Holy s*** just relax a little bit. Even if we lose yeah it would suck but damn even Saban and some other coach's lost games they shouldn't have. 

I'm not for firing Harsin, but Mason...he's earning a plane ticket elsewhere.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

THIS IS NOT GUS'S FAULT. Like I said we will see in the second half. I challenge this thought with Pittman who came in and changed the Arkansas Culture within 1 year.

How many of Harsins recruits are on the field? How many of Gus'? 

Pittman is an exception, not the rule

Edited by BizTiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

THIS IS NOT GUS'S FAULT. Like I said we will see in the second half. I challenge this thought with Pittman who came in and changed the Arkansas Culture within 1 year.

Yeah people need to stop with the excuses. This is Harsin’s team. When Auburn won those first 2 games against scrubs people was saying they can already see the “differences” but now all of a sudden this is Gus’ fault that GSU is whippin us lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Lol I guess some were right about Seth Williams.....he wouldn't fit in with this, he didn't let lesser athletes dominate him. No way. Even if the pass sucks he's coming down with it in the redzone

• Like 2

Just now, BizTiger said:

How many of Harsins recruits are on the field? How many of Gus'? 

It is not about recruits . You know how many of those guys playing for Arkansas are Chad Morris recruits?! Their QB right now is straight from Chad Morris, yet they play with so much anger and discipline,. This is not Gus's fault. That is excuse is OVA

• Like 4