* Official Auburn vs. Georgia State Game Thread *

abw0004

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Is he? For real? I didn't pay great attention to Harsin's comments post game.

That's what I got from cbh

Done with Bo.

Defense adjusted well but I'm sorry whatever scheme we're using in the red zone is trash. Too many wide open receivers with no defender in their area code.

Play calling is ass when Tank only averages 3.3 yards per carry.

Looks like some receivers can get separation... they were just on the bench.

Careful on the TJ hype train. He may be the better option for this offense but there's still a lot of growing needed there too.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

It looked like the effort and energy was more evident when Findley went in.

Exactly........totally different level of play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Your hatred for Bo overshadows anything else you say. It sounds like Pat stole your girl!

Sorry Pat didn’t mean to offend you .  But  Bo should actually try to earn a starting spot instead of you making sure he has it. 🤔

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's what I got from cbh

Glad I didn't pay great attention then. That just might have made me less that ideally happy. :)

To be honest, I barely watched any of the game. I was so unworried about it...well...I just figured the blowout would be boring and I'd be seeing everyone but the scout team after half. I will say this much, the end was exciting. Glad it ended the way it did. 

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

They won’t lose the team if Harsin has a quick hook. 

You may be right but if he has to have a quick hook or any hook for that matter than it shows the team he made the wrong choice and put them in a bad situation with the wrong choice. You lose your team by putting them in bad situations with bad choices.

• Like 1

I have this sneaking feeling that Bo would be the better option IF WE HAD AN O-LINE. But it's like he's gotten in so many bad habits that he just can't break, that under the slightest pressure he reverts to useless. As long as we don't have an OLINE worth a damn, then the less-rattled QB is the better option.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ihaveabadfelling said:

You may be right but if he has to have a quick hook or any hook for that matter than it shows the team he made the wrong choice and put them in a bad situation with the wrong choice. You lose your team by putting them in bad situations with bad choices.

That is not always true. The players know what each QB is better at.

If they know that a change will be made, they are OK with the choices. 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Not sure TJ is the option . , but he led the team to victory. 

Then who the hell is? Seems like to me he's AN option and maybe a better one than the one whose been starting the last 3 years. 

28 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Finally happened. And look. 

Look indeed!!! Chased Malik Willis away with Gus breaking the trend he's set for almost every QB decision in seniority and system experience, threw away a natty team coddling him, and almost had the most embarrassing loss in modern program history riding the guy out. Not to say he absolutely couldn't have won the game, but this Finley kid has shown more "IT" than Bo has shown in all of his post Oregon days. I hope TJ doesn't flame out like Nix did then 

I’m guardedly optimistic. He benched the three-year, legacy starter, at home, and didn’t put him back in.  And the D manned up late. Maybe there is a big psychological change coming. A team united is a team that’s hard to beat.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 33gles said:

I have this sneaking feeling that Bo would be the better option IF WE HAD AN O-LINE. But it's like he's gotten in so many bad habits that he just can't break, that under the slightest pressure he reverts to useless. As long as we don't have an OLINE worth a damn, then the less-rattled QB is the better option.

What? Lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Did a different O line play for TJ today?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Done with Bo.

Defense adjusted well but I'm sorry whatever scheme we're using in the red zone is trash. Too many wide open receivers with no defender in their area code.

Careful on the TJ hype train. He may be the better option for this offense but there's still a lot of growing needed there too.

I don't think we should be done with him. We just know it's not a huge gap in talent. If one messes up too much we can still have a shot

The baffling thing is Bo is supposed to be a dual threat QB but during his career don’t run as much. Outside of broken down plays

Edited by e808

Here’s the thing: 

The entire team absolutely played harder with Finley in the game. 

The fans absolutely needed harder with Finley in the game. 

Let the guy have it until we need to take it away. He needs all reps with the first team so he can get in rhythm with the WRs. He made a few throws that could have cost us the win but he made much better reads and looked way more poised. All he needs this to tweak that accuracy just a tad. I rather have a guy playing from behind than one who thinks he’s playing from ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't think we should be done with him. We just know it's not a huge gap in talent. If one messes up too much we can still have a shot

Bo needs to switch positions lol. You are being very diplomatic and that is wonderful of you, but he has zero chance at the next level.

If you have two QBs you have none. You can't split first team reps. What would Finley look like if he had reps with the guys he is throwing to?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just don't want to see him starting anymore. The team looked visibly different when TJ went in the game.

What? Lol

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Did a different O line play for TJ today?

Not what I said. TJ's obviously the better option at the moment. QBs in comfy pockets are different from QBs under pressure. Look at what Bama does with some guys who would've gotten murdered with our current OLine.   The best thing we can do now is find out who can handle our mess.

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Done with Bo.

Canion should be allowed to hit someone in the mouth after watching that game. TJ still has to work on his ball placement, but I was at least, and I guess it's because my expectations were just so low bout everything at that point, he made the right decision on where to go with the ball 95% of times. I can at least have solace with that

These receivers need a TONNNNN of help. A TON!!!

• Like 1