* Official Auburn vs. Georgia State Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Bo needs to switch positions lol. You are being very diplomatic and that is wonderful of you, but he has zero chance at the next level.

He's definitely not an NFL qb. And yeah most QB's that has trouble throwing the board here says they need to switch positions.....I don't think Bo will get that treatment but.....

Finley didn't get all the practice Bo did and if he has to go directly into sec play we will still need Bo. We really should let DD get his feet wet really though

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

He's definitely not an NFL qb. And yeah most QB's that has trouble throwing the board here says they need to switch positions.....I don't think Bo will get that treatment but.....

Finley didn't get all the practice Bo did and if he has to go directly into sec play we will still need Bo. We really should let DD get his feet wet really though

The thing for me is Bo has been starting since freshman year and has made minimal strides. Most guys do not get this many opportunities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just don't want to see him starting anymore. The team looked visibly different when TJ went in the game.

They did play harder and even after the game seemed like a bunch of guys were coming to him saying I told you

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Canion should be allowed to hit someone in the mouth after watching that game. TJ still has to work on his ball placement, but I was at least, and I guess it's because my expectations were just so low bout everything at that point, he made the right decision on where to go with the ball 95% of times. I can at least have solace with that

These receivers need a TONNNNN of help. A TON!!!

100% Finely is QB 1.. I want to see him get his timing down with the first team and the deep ball because that is the only bad thing I saw from him today.  He wasn’t perfect but he earned qb1 today. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ill vomit if I see that guy out there ever again (unless the other guys stink it up worse) 

Davis should go before Bo if it comes down to it. Really unless Finley just completely melts down (many interceptions) then they need to let him ride out the season. This OLine is going to prevent every QB we got from being even remotely successful. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Look indeed!!! Chased Malik Willis away with Gus breaking the trend he's set for almost every QB decision in seniority and system experience, threw away a natty team coddling him, and almost had the most embarrassing loss in modern program history riding the guy out. Not to say he absolutely couldn't have won the game, but this Finley kid has shown more "IT" than Bo has shown in all of his post Oregon days. I hope TJ doesn't flame out like Nix did then 

Like! Bc I’m out of reactions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

100% Finely is QB 1.. I want to see him get his timing down with the first team and the deep ball because that is the only bad thing I saw from him today.  He wasn’t perfect but he earned qb1 today. 

I can't absolve him without recognizing I'd be giving him a pass for the same issues Bo had. But Bo had literally 2.5 years as the guy. They threw Finley out there down with an offense that was largely downtrodden for most of the game and a crowd that was doing everything it could to get back in it but repeatedly beaten. and some how dear Michael Bobo forgot how to get our league leading RB duo involved, or the other RB that has track star speed. Finley had to account for ALOT. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Then who the hell is? Seems like to me he's AN option and maybe a better one than the one whose been starting the last 3 years. 

Could be Davis . Who knows . I agree with your comments 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This OLine is going to prevent every QB we got from being even remotely successful. 

It's important to recognize this. I want to believe the OL from the first 3 games is the one we'll see (pass blocking wise), but even if it doesn't return, I rather have a QB who can move in the pocket and make things happen but have limited mobility vs a guy who has a constant mental block but he can run. 

Bo simply doesn't make some of those passes Finley attempted (and did, mainly) with a guy in his face. He hasn't shown it in 99% of those situations 

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can't absolve him without recognizing I'd be giving him a pass for the same issues Bo had. But Bo had literally 2.5 years as the guy. They threw Finley out there down with an offense that was largely downtrodden for most of the game and a crowd that was doing everything it could to get back in it but repeatedly beaten. and some how dear Michael Bobo forgot how to get our league leading RB duo involved, or the other RB that has track star speed. Finley had to account for ALOT. 

Agreed. I give him a pass on the deep throws because he hasn’t been working with the 1s …he needs to get his timing down so I am going to be patient with that but he is the starter and he earned it. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's important to recognize this. I want to believe the OL from the first 3 games is the one we'll see (pass blocking wise), but even if it doesn't return, I rather have a QB who can move in the pocket and make things happen but have limited mobility vs a guy who has a constant mental block but he can run. 

Bo simply doesn't make some of those passes Finley attempted (and did, mainly) with a guy in his face. He hasn't shown it in 99% of those situations 

Absolutely agree. 

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Also no Tank on the final drive

I get the why, but it's like...I dunno. Guess you try to send a message, but punishing the guy for giving that extra umph and pushing for the first down...I dunno. I did notice that though 

It really takes a great deal to get an AU crowd to openly voice their disapproval.  Maybe today shakes things up moving forward.  That 3.5 game Mason D was dogcrap.  Bobo playcalling defies logic. Maybe we shake some things up.  Very very telling when I read that the sideline sparked up when Finley got the call. That is ridiculously telling.  A. Schwartz tweeted something about the personnel earlier in the game. Very telling.  

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They did play harder and even after the game seemed like a bunch of guys were coming to him saying I told you

Who played harder?  The defense, yes.  Offensive line still stunk.   Saw too many missed blocks by the backs.   I will give Finley all the credit.   Kept his eyes down field on several occasions.    Bo wouldn’t have done that.   Bo isn’t the answer but I’m not completely sold on Finley.   Let the guy play next Saturday and that will tell if he is the man going forward.   

Just now, DAG said:

Hunter continues to impress

On I’m taking nothing away from Hunter and I’m not saying he didn’t deserve to be out there but I dunno 

12 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

?????? Didn’t you just call me a d***head last week? Lol

Who? TJ? Nope. @cole256? Nah literally never we're bros.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing for me is Bo has been starting since freshman year and has made minimal strides. Most guys do not get this many opportunities.

I’ve been drunk since 2nd qtr, BUT I told my wife Harsin had no balls if he didn’t bench Bo after the half.  It still took him way too long but he finally did it and demanded if we didn’t win a horribly played game. 

• Like 1