Harsin goes on rant

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Bryan Harsin goes on rant after being asked about 'game plan' for TJ Finley/Bo Nix decision

Sydney Hunte | 12 hours ago

It’s safe to say that Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin will be asked repeatedly this week about whether he’ll start Bo Nix or T.J. Finley at quarterback against LSU on Oct. 2.

Nix obviously has experience on his side, but Finley likely has the backing of the fans after his last-minute touchdown drive to help the Tigers hold off upset-minded Georgia State. Plus, he’s familiar with LSU’s tendencies after having played there a season ago.

Unsurprisingly, Harsin isn’t about to reveal when he’ll make a decision leading up to the LSU game, much less who it will be.

“I don’t have a game plan like that,” he replied when asked by a reporter after the game about a timeline for a decision. “That’s not how it works…and I don’t have to tell anybody what the ‘game plan’ is … [At] the quarterback position, you get yourself ready like everybody else. Bottom line.

“I know everybody wants to make a big thing out of that, but that becomes the storyline. The storyline is ‘Get better…every single day moving forward. You’re playing chess, not checkers. Prepare yourself. Have yourself ready. Coaches, get better. Everybody improve every single day. Be 1-0 every day, and then get yourself ready throughout the week so you can go cut it loose on Saturday and play really good football.’ That is the message. Period.

“And I’m not getting into all the other stuff, so that’s what they’re going to hear from me, and that’s what I’ll tell you.”

Was there an "edge " to his voice or something?   Not sure that qualifies as a "rant".    He not singing cumbia by any means,  but sounds more like a stern account of facts about how he runs the program. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Was there an "edge " to his voice or something?   Not sure that qualifies as a "rant".    He not singing cumbia by any means,  but sounds more like a stern account of facts about how he runs the program. 

yes i thought it might be clickbait. it worked with me lol............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

There's a video out there and in another thread of it's own that has him answering this question. There is certainly a edge to his voice. He was not happy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Dare I say it.....that was Sabanesque.....

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I've said previously that he has a good mix of Saban and Dabo.

Fingers crossed he brings Auburn similar results.

• Like 2

Tough position to be in when you're between a rock and hard place, i.e., Nix and Finley, while under a microscope. I have no doubt he will be asked this week ad nauseum because this is perceived as AU's sports drama. 

Harsin, welcome to the SEC where this is the air we breathe 24-7. 

Edited by AU_Canoe
  • Like 4

It isn't a reporter's question that will require him to give an explanation.  However, there will be calls asking for an explanation.  That is just how it works.

We really don't know him...all we know or see about coach is what HE allows us to see....the only ones that know him are his staff and players...maybe in a few years we'll have an idea...

11 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Better than the other guy .

well darn , dadgum, golly shucks Andy , good week of practice, etc 

Good riddance. If I never see another sugar huddle it will be just hunky dory. Buh bye

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You make the call....

• Like 1

I like the attitude after a win. "Auburn football, get better." I hope the team and coaches respond this week for LSU. War Eagle

Edited by Randman5000
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Tell you what. He talks a good talk..... but results speak louder than any comments or catch phrases. To be determined.

That part. People are buying the talk but the results on the field say otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Better than the other guy .

well darn , dadgum, golly shucks Andy , good week of practice, etc 

You for got his super stinger words, " That's bull crap That's bull crap "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, e808 said:

That part. People are buying the talk but the results on the field say otherwise. 

He’s 4 games in to a new culture, new offense, new defense, new coaching staff, with a roster new to him.  It doesn’t happen overnight. 

• Like 5