WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

Probably more to it but point blank period, these guys have been embarrassing. arguably the most talented offensive position group by pure star watching and the starting 3 receivers made zero impact for 90% of the game. I feel it 

maybe Kodi is still available? Lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Read a comment on another board that made sense. The rotation seemed to change drastically as the game went on. How much would influence does a receivers coach have on who starts? Was Corn the one saying to play Shed and D-Rob when Canion, Capers, and Hudson are way better?

• Like 2

Just now, AidiAU said:

Such as? Any hints? 

I don’t know anything but I would think it’s rare for a position coach to be fired 4 games into his first season with a new staff without something juicy happening.

• Like 2

Just now, au302 said:

Read a comment on another board that made sense. The rotation seemed to change drastically as the game went on. How much would influence does a receivers coach have on who starts? Was Corn the one saying to play Shed and D-Rob when Canion, Capers, and Hudson are way better?

That would be crazy if Harsin wouldn't play the guys he wanted because of the WR coach. But the fact that Capers and Canion weren't starting when the entire spring and summer we thought they would play major roles is interesting.

• Like 3

Harsin complained about WRs not being lined up right and out of position against PSU. Seemed to be more chaos getting guys on the field last night.  Alignment and assignment should be the easy part.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Probably more to it but point blank period, these guys have been embarrassing. arguably the most talented offensive position group by pure star watching and the starting 3 receivers made zero impact for 90% of the game. I feel it 

maybe Kodi is still available? Lmao 

As pointed out in the expectations versus recruiting thread, the receiver Recruiting has been the only good point over the last few years. And they are terrible this year. 

If talent is not the problem, look at coaching.

Just now, wcware said:

I don’t know anything but I would think it’s rare for a position coach to be fired 4 games into his first season with a new staff without something juicy happening.

Doesn't have to be. Harsin hinted last week about needing to look at the WR depth. This may have been brewing just based on coaching performance. CBH not playin' it appears.

• Like 1