WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

That is 100% not the case, Harsin had every say in who played and who didn't.

I have no doubt. He literally spent an entire practice with them on SEVERAL occasions

• Like 1

In Harsin’s presser he made it sound like there were multiple positions that he thought were not prepared to play. I don’t know what happened. I think there is a little more than we are being told. It might have been how he handled the criticism. Who knows

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wait so we are thinking the wrong guys are playing and it wasn't Harsin's decision? 

Come on Guys

Harsin makes the final calls, but it did seem like the rotations changed towards the end. Also, D-Rob didn't play, but don't know what that's about. Idk. Bad look but we aren't the first program to ever fire a first year assistant. Harsin probably sending a message to the entire staff, and Corn took the fall. 

• Like 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Why is it a terrible take? The WRs weren't playing great so you fired the coach. Good. Now fire all of the other coaches that sucked as well. This is just a very odd thing to do 4 games into the season with a position group you knew were less experienced. The DBs have sucked all year and that was supposed to be one of the best groups we had.

Directing "you better win games buddy" at CBH is a terrible statement to make. He looks like an immature privileged brat that just lost one of his sources for info on the staff. 

WRs are far and away the worst position group on the field every Saturday. It's been that way for the past 3 games...dropped TD throws, fumble at a key moment, slow guys that can't jump running the 50/50 deep routes, false starts, blocking in the back, missed blocks, falling down when wide open...it's is ridiculous. They are THE reason we lost @PSU

• Like 8

Classic scapegoat situation. Bobo was defiant and still called a fade on that last play yesterday and we only scored because the play was broken. If the same thing happened again and we lost you can bet Bobo would be gone too. I guess he felt someone had to go but dang that's too early man. Just for a positions coach. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Interesting take. It does seem like a quick trigger in this situation. WRs haven't been the only problem so why aren't the other coaches being fired?

So, not going to be many positive stories on Harsin I’m guessing.

3 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Care to expand on that?

I did I'm not 100% yet. I'm not going to start a fake rumor just to start it until I know something for sure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Why is it a terrible take? The WRs weren't playing great so you fired the coach. Good. Now fire all of the other coaches that sucked as well. This is just a very odd thing to do 4 games into the season with a position group you knew were less experienced. The DBs have sucked all year and that was supposed to be one of the best groups we had.

Major facts. Even TJ missed some throws yesterday when the guys where open. There is enough blame to go around for everyone. U right the WR group was the most unknown position going into the season so this is very very awkward 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How? Genuine question not trying to argue I think it makes Harsin look like he ain't playing around. I don't think this is the last coach that gets fired.

Because everything has been bad and of all the groups they are reliant on the QB who Harsin has been one on one with all this time. Fire this guy out of everybody? Looks weak to me

• Like 2

How? Genuine question not trying to argue I think it makes Harsin look like he ain't playing around. I don't think this is the last coach that gets fired.

The problem to me is this is a coach Harsin hired himself and he fired him 4 games into his first season. I'm struggling to see how this is a good look for Harsin in any way.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

WRs are far and away the worst position group on the field every Saturday. It's been that way for the past 3 games...dropped TD throws, fumble at a key moment, slow guys that can't jump running the 50/50 deep routes, false starts, blocking in the back, missed blocks, falling down when wide open...it's is ridiculous. They are THE reason we lost @PSU

Are you kidding me with this take? After watching our OL get demolished by GSU you say the WRs are the worst part? What about the secondary which ranks almost dead last in the NCAA for pass efficiency? Or about the DL that can't get pressure on any QB? Or what about the starting 3 year QB that consistently overthrows receivers?

Firing a first year assistant after 3 games with the least experienced group of players, yeah Harsin better win after this.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Harsin makes the final calls, but it did seem like the rotations changed towards the end. Also, D-Rob didn't play, but don't know what that's about. Idk. Bad look but we aren't the first program to ever fire a first year assistant. Harsin probably sending a message to the entire staff, and Corn took the fall. 

Well if the rotationschanged, he was fine with it. He was fine with the starters. He has been fine trying to make Jackson something he's not. You say start a guy that didn't perform well then fire the coach because he couldn't change water into wine?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Because everything has been bad and of all the groups they are reliant on the QB who Harsin has been one on one with all this time. Fire this guy out of everybody? Looks weak to me

I see it differently then that, I don't see it as weak but hey we shall come to find out. I do agree he shouldn't be the only one fired there are some more that I wish would but we shall see about that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I don't like is it makes us look like a clown show of a program again

Actually, our WR play made us look like a clown show...this was obvious as far back as A-Day...this sends a message to everyone.  He replaced the 3rd team all SEC QB; and now a coach.  His post game comments made it clear...come prepared to play and get better or go home.  

• Like 5

I did I'm not 100% yet. I'm not going to start a fake rumor just to start it until I know something for sure. 

Cool. I read it. There may be a period of time with this coach to get everyone on the same page. If it takes a few years, then so be it. He just needs to find the right mix of coaches that have the same vision.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I honestly don't know a 100% yet just repeating what I've been told. I just know as I'm sure everybody already knows Harsin isnt happy. 

What were you told? Just preface with a rumor tag. You can't drop that then give no details 

I was worried from the start this guy might not be the right hire. Doesn’t look good for CBH for hiring him though.

20 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I hate to say it but I believe this isn't the only news that's coming. There are some rumblings coming and it ain't pretty. 

I think we can call it what it is and probably come to the conclusion that we whiffed on essentially our entire offensive staff except Caddy. Corn wasn’t our first want, Will Friend was an abject disaster at UTk (coaching wise) and Bobo…

Maybe Harsin just needed a shock to his system and realize he’s hiring at a SEC level. Who knows 

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Well if the rotationschanged, he was fine with it. He was fine with the starters. He has been fine trying to make Jackson something he's not. You say start a guy that didn't perform well then fire the coach because he couldn't change water into wine?

What I meant by rotation change is that I wonder if Harsin took complete control over the group. I'm a fan of Corn and am sorry to see this happen. We played every receiver, changed QB. Cant fire Caddy and Bedell since their groups are doing good. Maybe fire Friend, but we knew o-line sucked. Hard to fire the coordinators this early. 

This is embarrassing dude. If this doesn’t have a deeper issue, it makes Harsin look like someone who doesn’t understand that you have to have patience to build a program. The WR room was the least experienced part of the team. I hope to god he didn’t fire him 4 games into the season because his guys were lining up wrong and missing catches.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1