WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

2 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Sammy has no idea what is going on or why Corn was fired.  Like many, its an emotional reaction without any knowledge of what truly transpired here

Exactly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How on earth would you know that. I get inside info 3 different coaching staffs. And some stuff from different programs. This is hilarious to even argue. Is there anybody from Florida on the team? How about South Carolina? These guys camp and talk to each other. They reach out when they decide to come to the school. They reach out when they get there. But ok. This is literally too silly to argue. Maybe you guys just don't know I guess

We don’t even know why he was let go.  What if it was something outside of football?   Would Sammy know that?  Would all the contacts know that?

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I doubt it. Most of the kids playing WR at Auburn probably don't even know Sammie Coats. Yeah, maybe he's been to a few practices, or games, but if he's not privy to the inner workings of the new staff, he's just squawking like many others in this forum 

Extra stupid. Yeah I'm sure a wr at Auburn don't know who Sammie is. I'm sure players don't communicate to former players. Flash said something similar he doesn't know though. Right lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Just curious, hypothetically, Cole.  If another high profile former Auburn receiver came out in favor of the firing, would that player's opinion be just as valid?  I doubt the former players have homogeneous thinking, just like none of us uninformed-to-somewhat-informed forum posters can ever agree on anything lol.  Sammy loves Auburn, knows the game, and has the right to his opinion.  But it would be difficult to know if every former Auburn WR shares his exact viewpoint.

One thing that's for certain is nobody on here knows what he knows and another thing that's for certain former players know what's going on in the program because the players know and the players tell them. That's fact

Just now, cole256 said:

Extra stupid. Yeah I'm sure a wr at Auburn don't know who Sammie is. I'm sure players don't communicate to former players. Flash said something similar he doesn't know though. Right lol

I didn't say they don't know who he is. I said they don't know him. There's a difference. But, I digress, I guess Harsin should have probably ran the decision by Sammie first. 🙄

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

We don’t even know why he was let go.  What if it was something outside of football?   Would Sammy know that?  Would all the contacts know that?

Ok

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I didn't say they don't know who he is. I said they don't know him. There's a difference. But, I digress, I guess Harsin should have probably ran the decision by Sammie first. 🙄

Ok.

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It could be something simple like showing up late to mtg and this being a pattern - WE DON"T KNOW.     

We do know this:  Harsin wants a disciplined, hard working staff and program. 

I know I started this, but I will be happy to never hear another NS comparison for a minute now. This can go two ways. It can go the NS way or it can go a complete opposite path. Legitimately none of us know hence the major difference of opinion. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, it would be nice if we could avoid this constant bulkshit.

Especially if the whole "Boisie Boys" thing is true. It's not a good look

Are you implying that some C rate BSU asst being promoted to replace the C rate Troy asst isn’t a good look???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It’s the same s*** going on in Sammie’s replies. I hate when normal people pretend as if they have the same level of info as players. Any players who care to know something about the inner workings will ALWAYS know more than the average bastard sitting on his couch 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know I started this, but I will be happy to never hear another NS comparison for a minute now. This can go two ways. It can go the NS way or it can go a complete opposite path. Legitimately none of us know hence the major difference of opinion. 

This place is hilarious sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok. What's your point? None of that changes the fact that it doesn't make sense and it should be questioned. Just like everybody questioned that play call. Just like all the stuff everybody convinced themselves about Gus. I didn't ask any of you to jump off of anything. I didn't jump off of anything but I wouldn't give a damn if you did or didn't. The stuff don't make sense. Period

you can question it... we are all questioning it. Its strange. I was never on the Gus Bus.  I questioned more of gus's decision making than anyone. Gus would have never pulled Bo and never fired a coach, so that's why I'm giving this guy a break. I think he made a good decision yesterday pulling Bo, I don't know about this one but I'm not going to start blasting someone because we don't know anything. ... the point is to win games. No one is convincing anyone and no one is following the coach blindly. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s the same s*** going on in Sammie’s replies. I hate when normal people pretend as if they have the same level of info as players. Any players who care to know something about the inner workings will ALWAYS know more than the average bastard sitting on his couch 

It's is literally mind boggling that they really think a former player couldn't find out whatever he wanted to know in no more than 5 texts....and they are so matter of fact like they really know

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are you implying that some C rate BSU asst being promoted to replace the C rate Troy asst isn’t a good look???

The internal drama definitely isn't 

I find the scapegoat comments odd.  If Auburn had struggled against Akron and Alabama State and gotten blown out against Penn State I’d understand that talk. Games like yesterday happen often and the fact that Auburn was able to pull it out says a lot to me.  Gotta be a bigger issue that this guy was responsible for whether that’s poor work or something more devious is to be seen.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

you can question it... we are all questioning it. Its strange. I was never on the Gus Bus.  I questioned more of gus's decision making than anyone. Gus would have never pulled Bo and never fired a coach, so that's why I'm giving this guy a break. I think he made a good decision yesterday pulling Bo, I don't know about this one but I'm not going to start blasting someone because we don't know anything. ... the point is to win games. No one is convincing anyone and no one is following the coach blindly. 

We all definitely aren't questioning it. You are literally watching people argue about a former player should shut up and go with it. I have people at me because I'm questioning it. We all see that this entire team isn't good and you have plenty of people trying to make it make sense that the wr coach had to go....that's what I've been talking about. I don't have any care or concern about anybody hoping Harsin can turn usaround. I hope so too

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And as far as it goes 95% of people don't know what the o line is supposed to be doing.

But 100% of people can know that an OL  who wiffs at a block or gets put on their ass  has done something wrong.   

You can tell when things go wrong

Just now, auskip07 said:

But 100% of people can know that an OL  who wiffs at a block or gets put on their ass  has done something wrong.   

You can tell when things go wrong

?? Ok