WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

9 hours ago, toddc said:

This didn’t happen out of nowhere. CBH has been talking about the receiver situation since spring ball and the problems there. Seems like he might have waited longer than he should have to take action to me.

Probably because he was spending an exorbitant amount of time helping coach them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

More literary genius on your part; please keep it up, you are good entertainment for the board.

Since you insist on a urinating contest: you questioned my finances (which you know nothing about, nor have anything to do with college football) so I responded. 

I definitely did not. I I threw out the supposition that you didn't spend the $20+ million dollars on Gus' buyout. 

And then you tried to big shot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol ok

Lol. Ok I watched. I didn't make fun of everyone on the forum for 30 pages for not wanting all the coaches fired.. He wasn't your man crush. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Lol. Ok I watched. I didn't make fun of everyone on the forum for 30 pages for not wanting all the coaches fired.. He wasn't your man crush. 

Make fun? What did I say. Who did I make fun of. You trip me out how mad you get when you don't agree with me. I don't talk to any of you that get angry. You guys follow me. 

Of course the guy who was bad for whatever reason as soon as I said something and has been face palming and all of that would come and say I saw it. Ok point it out or shut up. Wanting to start a fight why? 

Hilarious. You don't go along with us and you ask reasonable questions.....I'm just going to say you made fun of everybody and act like a child and say he's your man crush.....yeah that will get him....😑

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Make fun? What did I say. Who did I make fun of. You trip me out how mad you get when you don't agree with me. I don't talk to any of you that get angry. You guys follow me. 

Of course the guy who was bad for whatever reason as soon as I said something and has been face palming and all of that would come and say I saw it. Ok point it out or shut up. Wanting to start a fight why? 

You said it was once when it wasn't. I, don't get the lol. Others don't either. 

Not wanting to start fights. Let's just move on. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

You said it was once when it wasn't. I, don't get the lol. Others don't either. 

Not wanting to start fights. Let's just move on. 

So you just trump me. You can just say it wasn't and that's it. And who are others?

Edited by cole256

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

So you just trump me. You can just say it wasn't and that's it. And who are others?

Well I was just pointing out that they had more than 1 missed WR assignment on that last drive. Others you get in a back and forth with.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Well I was just pointing out that they had more than 1 missed WR assignment on that last drive. Others you get in a back and forth with.

See this is the problem I feel with jumping in on someone else argument or picking a side. There hasn't been one person I've had a back and forth with about this that isn't a person that follows me around and is angry about something we argued about literally years ago. Not one person so it's absolutely without a shadow of doubt they don't get it......

Second if you're not going to discuss it, you just coming in and saying it's more doesn't make you right. It's not a final say so. 

Lastly you completely misrepresented me when you got upset over nothing. I haven't been saying all coaches should be fired. I haven't made fun of anybody. Me not agreeing with you shouldn't upset you.  Even talking about a wr messing up once or twice is stupid to me as I can point out constant missed blocks, constant missed tackles, constant horrible throws, constant db's running in late, constant pass interferences,  constant blown coverages.....

And once again if anybody should bemaking mistakes it's the wr's. Everybody going out of their way to stretch bad stuff they don't know about I haven't seen one person besides myself talk about reasonable thingslike the wrbeing the most inexperienced group. And to me that explains alot.

At least listen to me and understand what I'm saying before getting angry and disagreeing. It wouldn't make any sense to be angry at me about something I never said. You're like the fourth person to that

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

More literary genius on your part; please keep it up, you are good entertainment for the board.

Since you insist on a urinating contest: you questioned my finances (which you know nothing about, nor have anything to do with college football) so I responded. 

@cbo@AU-24 Knock it off.  No one is interested in this personal bickering between you two.  Take it to PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

@cbo@AU-24 Knock it off.  No one is interested in this personal bickering between you two.  Take it to PM.

Since when did Phillip Marshall start arbitrating arguments that happen  here on this site?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, cbo said:

AND it was killing Harsin to know he had a great WR coach, who he knows and trusts, sitting right in front of him

I can only conject (is that a thing?) that this has a lot to do with it. 

• Like 2

logging back on this morning from my local internet connection in 'merica....

Wrong routes/mental mistakes/dropped passes from the most inexperienced group on the team shouldn't be a reason to fire someone.  I don't buy it.  You can't make good chicken soup from chicken s***.  We're seeing that with a lot of other positions right now.

I'm not sure I buy the whole argument/showing up Harsin in front of the team.  Most Mods have clearly stated it was for football reasons.

That said, if it was true inability to get your guys lined up correctly, have enough men on the field consistently, rotate the players correct...I can understand it.  There have been one or two instances show on twitter.  I'd prefer it have been done at the end of the season and just redirect duties to the guy you already had on staff.

The notion that a CEO needs to be some alpha jackass tough guy needs to really to be left in the 50s.  Is an outdated viewpoint.  Look at the leaders and thinkers of some of the biggest companies in the US, they aren't blowhard tough guys.  Cook, Musk, Zuck, Bezos, etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Watched the Cowboys play and Dak literally went to handoff the ball and there was no running back there......But our qb turned wr who never plays but was getting impromptu playing time was late coming out! Fire him! 

This weekend we'll watch a bunch of mistakes and the same people will say just give him time!

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Hey Peyton's and Eli's show may be the best show ever

Not sure if you're being serious but I finally caught some of it last night and really enjoyed it. Like, King James sitting there calling touchdown plays while those lumpheaded dorks make fun of each other? I actually wanted to watch the saban segment but I fell asleep at halftime.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if you're being serious but I finally caught some of it last night and really enjoyed it. Like, King James sitting there calling touchdown plays while those lumpheaded dorks make fun of each other? I actually wanted to watch the saban segment but I fell asleep at halftime.

I'm very serious it's the second show I've watched and I think it's great. As far as saban Eli did a joke when hurts made a good play and said Oklahoma QB hurts is a player and Peyton was like coach he's an Alabama guy we know it

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is an outdated viewpoint.  Look at the leaders and thinkers of some of the biggest companies in the US, they aren't blowhard tough guys.  Cook, Musk, Zuck, Bezos, etc

I worked for one of these CEOs and heard a lot of stories about the others while I worked in the tech industry. Believe me, these CEOs are all ruthless tough guys (esp Bezos) with great PR teams.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AUreo said:

I worked for one of these CEOs and heard a lot of stories about the others while I worked in the industry. Believe me, these CEOs are all ruthless tough guys (esp Bezos) with great PR teams.

You can be ruthless w/out being some fake hardo alpha or whatever simps want to call it

• Like 1

Lol yeah I know Google is merciless. They even allow naps and everybody wants to work for them. It's all because they DO NOT PLAY!

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Georgia? Who would've guessed 😂

Who are you constantly talking to w/out quoting them?

Edited by W.E.D

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm very serious it's the second one and I think it's great. As far as saban Eli did a joke when hurts made a good play and said Oklahoma QB hurts is a player and Peyton was like coach he's an Alabama guy we know it

Love it. 

If only they could replace Aikman and Buck. Puke.