WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

The thought of the o line coach and the QB coach coming in business as usual is hilarious

Or the DC? Why leave him off your list, cole? Wink, wink..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who's the potato gang? And why the **** would Bobo feel like he's good and making decisions to fire someone as bad as his play calling has been?

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

It should be noted that we essentially settled on Corn as well.  It was not like we targeted him and went after him.

Why would you settle for him, if you supposedly have a very experienced OC who is following you here? 

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Interesting discussion in the first part of this. They say that it's on the WR coach to change rotations and not on the head coach. A lot of talk about my man Canion and how they were all surprised he wasn't playing more and when he comes in in the 4th he's making the catches that are needed.

Harsin apparently delegates a lot of responsibility to his assistant coaches and, apparently, holds them responsible for their subsequent performance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Harsin apparently delegates a lot of responsibility to his assistant coaches and, apparently, holds them responsible for their subsequent performance.

Didn't realize that until watching this video. If that's the case and Corn wasn't playing the correct players and Harsin realized it (albeit maybe a bit late) then I can see the reasoning for firing him. You should play the best players period and I'm still a strong believer that Canion is the best receiver on this team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I really just don't understand the timing of it all. If the WRs were missing assignments, missing blocks, lining up wrong, dropping passes, etc why did it take Harsin until the 4th quarter to make meaningful rotation changes? And after those changes were made, players that were in the game caught passes that they were supposed to including a WR saving a broken fade play (again) on 4th down to get open for the TD.

Coaches can only do so much and if the players don't perform they should have been sat down. But they weren't until we're at dire straights and needing a win. And you can't tell me that it was Corn who was handcuffing Harsin from making personnel changes.

You don’t realize how a coach that doesn’t play around anymore ! And then wait until it’s the end of the season and it becomes a pressure to fire a coach like the last one would do . 

Edited by eagle12

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why would you settle for him, if you supposedly have a very experienced OC who is following you here? 

Remember we missed on several WR coaches, it was said by others.  He was convenient in the fact that he had Alabama connections as far as recruiting.  Just pointing out the fact that he was not a top choice when filling out the staff was happening.  Not really making any other observations about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Who's the potato gang? 

Harsin's version of Tubs's BBQ Boys. Idaho, potatoes... This is all new conversation. As of when Corn Williams got fired new.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Your post is 11 pages in and there hasn't been one sighting of a "Gus apologist" yet.  Hasn't happened on the Rivals, 247, or On3 sites either.  Move on and stop trying to antagonize people for things no one has said.

That said, I agree.  We wanted a coach with the balls to make hard decisions when players or coaches aren't meeting expectations.  We have one.  Time will tell if it was a necessary or rash decision.

I am not going to dig it up, but there were a couple of references to Gus more so on the Bo vs TJ drama and I just wanted to get in front of that.  I thought there was one or two on this thread as well.  Forgive me if I am wrong.   Also, context is very  important - we wanted a bold and disciplined coach, relative to Gus.   It has to be relative to the last coach.     

Well, this is what bold and disciplined looks like.  

I appreciate your comment.  

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Remember we missed on several WR coaches, it was said by others.  He was convenient in the fact that he had Alabama connections as far as recruiting.  Just pointing out the fact that he was not a top choice when filling out the staff was happening.  Not really making any other observations about it.

That's a good point and it makes sense. He was spoken of as a rising star in recruiting but that means he wasn't a star yet.

I like melting too but good lord let's all take a collective deep breath. This is a cultural rebuild. It is also a rebuild of the team in several places that we are weak. Not every transition is seamless. There will be bumps in the road. Not ideal, but part of the game. Strap in because I'm sure there will be more transition throughout this year and in the offseason. I'm sure I'll do my share of melting as well, but it's part of rebuilds. Maybe it works maybe it fails

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Harsin's version of Tubs's BBQ Boys. Idaho, potatoes... This is all new conversation. As of when Corn Williams got fired new.

and I always thought corn and potatoes go so well together............

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

The way you describe this is wild lol. Doesn't sound very Auburn like to let a bunch of Boise men take over. Things must've really changed. 

Did we miss on Darious Clemons?   

If not, what is the impact on his timeline and decision?  

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

You don’t realize how a coach that doesn’t play around ! And then wait until it’s the end of the season and it becomes a pressure to fire a coach like the last one would do . 

That is far fetched . He just hired the guy and is four games in with a different scheme and a bunch of u known receivers. This is more of an indictment why he was hired in the first place if he isn’t your type of guy

I should have known when I had to google who the **** he was doing that there was a good chance we would become a 3 ring circus. But Harsin just had a positive and hopeful aura about him. Who fires their WR coach after a game 4 win. This is crazy. Auburn as ****

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That's a good point and it makes sense. He was spoken of as a rising star in recruiting but that means he wasn't a star yet.

I think it helps to understand how you could bring someone in and get rid of them so quickly.  He was just maybe not the right fit at this time with this staff and they knew it wasn't gonna workout long term so they moved on.  Recruits will now understand the situation and not feel like they were blindsided if they fired him after the early signing period.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because the BSU guy was not available at the time.  He was staying at BSU, hoping to get promoted to the HC JOB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

And it was a wr that blocked the punt...not to mention how he was a QB but he's good enough to be in the rotation lol. This is wild

He’s blocking punts because he drops sure TD passes, maybe? Makes as much sense as your ‘fire everybody but the WR Coach’ rants. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I should have know when I had to google who the **** he was doing that there was a good chance we would become a 3 ring circus. But Harsin just had a positive and hopeful aura about him. Who fires their WR coach after a game 4 win. This is crazy. Auburn as ****

Really besides Head coach terry bowden . who was fired from auburn during his season? 

Edited by eagle12