WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I think it helps to understand how you could bring someone in and get rid of them so quickly.  He was just maybe not the right fit at this time with this staff and they knew it wasn't gonna workout long term so they moved on.  Recruits will now understand the situation and not feel like they were blindsided if they fired him after the early signing period.

Whatever rising star he had behind him is gone now. If it was me my confidence would be shot and I would pissed. It seems like he was hired only to turn around and be embarrassed later. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, e808 said:

Whatever rising star he had behind him is gone now. If it was me my confidence would be shot and I would pissed. It seems like he was hired only to turn around and be embarrassed later. 

I doubt it. He will get picked up by someone, but maybe not at the power 5 level. To make it at this level, you got to be confident. He also is owed all his contract so good for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

yeah, it is a tough deal for him any way you look at it.  

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Was he fired at halftime?

Some rumors he was demoted mid game

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Really besides Head coach terry bowden . who was fired from auburn during his season? 

It’s Auburn as **** to have this much drama 4 games into a new coaches inaugural season. 

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tubs was the most egregious oversigner in the league after Nutt.

Tubs signed kids who he knew full well would likely never make it to any college program. It was a PR thing for him - kid gets to have a signing ceremony at his school, teammates (potential future recruits) and the kids' coaches all get to feel good one last time. 

With Saban, he knew Every Single Kid he signed was going to make it into bammer. See that DL from B'ham whose grades got magically changed by an ex-bammer cheerleader who was his guidance counselor as exhibit #1 out of 500 or so. All of Saban's got in, he repeatedly refused to release Springtime scholly numbers, and somehow they were always at 85 (on paper) in the Fall. Big Difference. 

/Threadjack

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

The way you describe this is wild lol. Doesn't sound very Auburn like to let a bunch of Boise men take over. Things must've really changed. 

None of the PTB have their hooks in Harsin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I doubt it. He will get picked up by someone, but maybe not at the power 5 level. To make it at this level, you got to be confident. He also is owed all his contract so good for him.

Ok cool. Didn’t know that . At least he will get paid 

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Pretty much every coach in the business has been fired more than once and/or had their rear end chewed out more times than they can remember. It’s a thick skin/short memory kind of business and all who sign up for it embrace it. 

• Like 3

Just now, auburnphan said:

Leonard is just quicker with the typing than phat phingered Phan 

Who did Franklin replace when he was hired ? That was a really crazy hire ! Our offense then was far from broke.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’s Auburn as **** to have this much drama 4 games into a new coaches inaugural season. 

No one will remember it if we beat LSU next week.  We lose, it will be like Watergate all year long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

Wonder if it was more  than just coaching.  I saw Jboy deleted his tweet bashing the move and he was friends with Corn.

yeah, that tweet was a bad look for him

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Pretty much every coach in the business has been fired more than once and/or had their rear end chewed out more times than they can remember. It’s a thick skin/short memory kind of business and all who sign up for it embrace it. 

True but very rare during the season or this early in. Probably have a better chance of someone stepping down for health reasons. Just feel for the guy a lot was working against him and not much time to show improvement if coaching was the issue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Borges I beleieve

Yeah Al Borges ! If I’m mistaking he has never lost to Alabama when coaching at Auburn! He has been back once that I know of and was a analyst the second time.