WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

Hey if people want to believe that, more power but if you believe that one....especially like the 4th and 2 situation.....I mean good luck

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

According to Pro Football Focus, Kobe Hudson is the only Auburn football wide receiver with a receiving grade above 80.0, and every other wide receiver on the roster grades below 70.0 for the season. This unit has also struggled with drops and generating separation all season and has combined for 9 drops so far this year

Harsin freaking sucks

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No idea. 

According to this tread, others know exactly what’s going on....  Harsin hired Corn, just so he could fire him. It was a total setup.

He doesn’t care about improving the team, it’s all about making the “potato gang” happy.

Because he wants to prove to everyone that only Boise State coaches know how to coach.

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

Wonder if it was more  than just coaching.  I saw Jboy deleted his tweet bashing the move and he was friends with Corn.

He must have finally sobered up…

26 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He needs to! I hope his next visit is with Mason b/c we have way too much talent in the secondary to be getting shredded the way we are. 

Whether good or bad outcomes, at least Harsin has the balls to make moves happen. I respect that about him. I think he knows that we have talent and should be progressing more than what we are. I respect it!

You can certainly say that he's not interested in wasting time.  He wants to win now.

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

According to this tread, others know exactly what’s going on....  Harsin hired Corn, just so he could fire him. It was a total setup.

He doesn’t care about improving the team, it’s all about making the “potato gang” happy.

Because he wants to prove to everyone that only Boise State coaches know how to coach.

I said that was my opinion and not to be fact. U can easily make a case for others to be fired for lackluster coaching. Especially the secondary coach. That one of the most experienced groups on the team. U being sarcastic and said he doesn’t care about the team. We are either last or close to last in past defense.  So that person should have been fired as well.

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

So this brings me back to my initial question why hire Corn then. This even more so sounds like there was a guy waiting in the wings. This is just how it seems to me.

Trying to get a coach with coaching and recruiting ties in Alabama. Probably realized after season started that he was not a good fit...just my thoughts 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Because Harsin didn't want him in

Even the War Rapport guys and Bryan Matthews (not the biggest Harsin can) stated multiple times in the video from 2 hours ago that Williams had full autonomy (you'll probably have to look that word up but it's the only one I could use so sorry) over the WR rotation. What you're trying to make this in to isn't a thing so stop. 

Thanks, 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, e808 said:

So this brings me back to my initial question why hire Corn then. This even more so sounds like there was a guy waiting in the wings. This is just how it seems to me.

Recruiting is likely the main reason. Corn is considered an up and coming coach. With no SEC ties, Harsin had to sprinkle in some SEC guys on his staff on both sides of the ball. Bobo doesn't give much recruiting punch. Corn does seem like a young eager guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, God Cam It said:

Even the War Rapport guys and Bryan Matthews (not the biggest Harsin can) stated multiple times in the video from 2 hours ago that Williams had full autonomy (you'll probably have to look that word up but it's the only one I could use so sorry) over the WR rotation. What you're trying to make this in to isn't a thing so stop. 

Thanks, 

Lol and who are you? No I'm going to use my brain. Lmao at even the war rapport says it btw. Also lol at the troll, I can guess who this is 😂🤡

52 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Yeah Al Borges ! If I’m mistaking he has never lost to Alabama when coaching at Auburn! He has been back once that I know of and was a analyst the second time.

Nalsminger was the replacement, right?

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol and who are you? No I'm going to use my brain. Lmao at even the war rapport says it btw. Also lol at the troll, I can guess who this is 😂🤡

It’s a conspiracy, cole, we get it. Now go get your popcorn and turn on MSNBC. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I usually stay on the paid boards. Those take more money than what mommy gives you for lunch. 

Feel badly for Coach Williams and the WRs. Let's leave the drops out of it. Those are obvious. Just LOOK at basic things from yesterday alone. Not getting on the field. Not being lined up properly. False starts. YES. Two of them.  How many times has a WR screen been blown up? Have we seen any successful rub plays? Maybe to the trained eye these basic things have been a problem since the beginning. Certainly to those behind the scenes who have to answer publicly for an offense's failure (Harsin, Bobo). But no one can deny yesterday was really, really bad. Finley himself, a back up, thrust into the game with the clock winding down had the wherewithal, the leadership, and the moxie to wait and get everyone lined up. Thank goodness for TJ.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

I usually stay on the paid boards. Those take more money than what mommy gives you for lunch. 

😂 at least 57

Edited by cole256

So...is anyone else concerned that D-Rob didn't play yesterday with no reason given and now his position coach has been fired?  THAT make me nervous!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Feel badly for Coach Williams and the WRs. Let's leave the drops out of it. Those are obvious. Just LOOK at basic things from yesterday alone. Not getting on the field. Not being lined up properly. False starts. YES. Two of them.  How many times has a WR screen been blown up? Have we seen any successful rub plays? Maybe to the trained eye these basic things have been a problem since the beginning. Certainly to those behind the scenes who have to answer publicly for an offense's failure (Harsin, Bobo). But no one can deny yesterday was really, really bad. Finley himself, a back up, thrust into the game with the clock winding down had the wherewithal, the leadership, and the moxie to wait and get everyone lined up. Thank goodness for TJ.

Not to mention leading a 98 yard drive to take the lead.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

According to Pro Football Focus, Kobe Hudson is the only Auburn football wide receiver with a receiving grade above 80.0, and every other wide receiver on the roster grades below 70.0 for the season. This unit has also struggled with drops and generating separation all season and has combined for 9 drops so far this year

well, the man runs probably a 25-40  million dollar organization and this data is pretty eye popping.  If he didn't do something drastic, shame on him.   Having his old OC on staff,  seems pretty freaking smart right about now. 

• Like 1